Match Thread: Southampton v Villa

limpid

Just now, Davkaus said:

Put yourself in his shoes. would you stay?

There's only so much that being a fan makes up for if you feel your team are letting you down every week.

No, have said as much. It's why he won't be here regardless of where we sit next season. He's far, far better than we are and he's not going to waste a career that could see silverware at the highest tables waiting for his team to catch up.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Jack Grealish was for Dean Smith getting Villa promoted what John Terry was for Di Matteo winning Chelsea the Champions League. Discuss...

That's fair. He won't get a job anywhere near like this level again. 

Without a player that's ridiculous, only at the club out of fandom, Smith wasn't getting us out of that division.

• Like 1

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

Guess the question is whether Southampton are poor enough to throw away this win. Maybe the mental bit about being shit at home will get to them. 

Or will Smith pull another one of this absolutely dog shit half time talks.

This is my main hope now.

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Putting my tin hat on here, whilst we are obviously playing cack, at times we played some great stuff against spurs in the first half, and that was one game ago. 

We need to make some changes here, and Soton are right up for it, but we spanked Spurs at times. We can still get something out of this.

Reina was still our MOTM by a long way that day

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Jack Grealish was for Dean Smith getting Villa promoted what John Terry was for Di Matteo winning Chelsea the Champions League. Discuss...

Or what Kodjia was to Bruce getting us into playoffs?

• Like 1

1-0 flatters us.

That's among the biggest piles of shit I've had to endure over the last few years. Completely played off the park by another club at the bottom.

Worst team at home, but as expected, we accommodate again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I haven't watched this; is it every bit as bad as it sounds, or are we actually threatening at all?

Southampton will be completely embarrassed to have not put at least 3 in.

We've been shite.