Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He didn't want first team football though. He wanted £100k a week. Enjoy it Carney.

Haha, I missed that being his actual wages. Jesus Christ. If internet lists are to be believed he earns 25k a week more than Luiz, and he's done absolutely nothing in the men's game.. Chelsea are an absolute basket case of a club

He's hardly played any senior football, but he's set for life even if he never makes another first team appearance, at 19. That's actually disgusting.

• Like 2

Loved him at the Villa in the youth teams. A class apart.  But in Prem football across 2 seasons he has played 689 minutes of football and managed 1 assist  . I am not saying that is bad as he is still only 19.  I am saying that he has only been trusted to play that amount of 1st team football while his peers in the eng u20s have been playing nearly every game in the Championship. 

It is destroying his development . He has the ability but its the game understanding that separates ¹success and failure.  And he was never shining in his limited game time for us was he. Looked lost at times.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Loved him at the Villa in the youth teams. A class apart.  But in Prem football across 2 seasons he has played 689 minutes of football and managed 1 assist  . I am not saying that is bad as he is still only 19.  I am saying that he has only been trusted to play that amount of 1st team football while his peers in the eng u20s have been playing nearly every game in the Championship. 

It is destroying his development . He has the ability but its the game understanding that separates ¹success and failure.  And he was never shining in his limited game time for us was he. Looked lost at times.

Compare him to Brennan Johnson at Forest who is single handedly keeping them up. 21 years old in his first season in the top flight and playing scoring regularly.

No comparison.

Edited by GlobalVillan

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Compare him to Brennan Johnson at Forest who is single handedly keeping them up.

No comparison.

Brennan Johnson seems like a decent lad. Reminds me of our Ollie a bit. 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He's fast approaching the age where you can point to Ramsey and say "here's what he did by the time he was Chukwuemeka's age".

There's no chance whatsoever they will be looking to sell him, he's still considered one of the better players in his age group. Id' be very surprised if he doesn't have a career playing one of the top leagues, and go on to be an England international, if he doesn't will be more likely because of bad decision making rather than lack of talent.

But needs a loan next season, there will be no shortage of takers.

Will probably be Ramsey's replacement in England U21s after the summer tournaments.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Behind a pay wall but I'm sure matt law is a villa fan so interested in that 

It's not about path to the first team and more games, villa gave him that, more so than any other PL club with a player his age, its not qbout money either 

It's all about wearing a top 6 teams tracksuit and I'm interested because football should actually be the opposite of what chuk has done, his new team mate madueke being an example, these best kids in the country who won't get a chance at these top 6 clubs should be leaving for us and then in 5 years after they've broken through be looking to go back, chuks career will be that in reverse and he's got so much potential it should be a warning 

https://archive.ph/

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He's hardly played any senior football, but he's set for life even if he never makes another first team appearance, at 19. That's actually disgusting.

He'd be set for life if he adopted a lifestyle similar to if he earned 50k a year. But footballers don't do that. They buy flash cars, big houses and bling.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I mean, clearly that wasn't the reason. He would obviously have more opportunities in a side without a billion pounds worth of players.

It was clearly the money, and he'll have to square that with himself one day. If he has a brilliant career then he'll be able to justify/ write off the move. Somehow I think it's more likely he'll do a Stefan Moore and end up playing for someone like Bolton in 3 years.

When he left Gerrard was "manager" he gave little opportunities to youth players and couldnt develop anybody

Chuk has played more Premier League minutes this season than Archer. If we didnt wake up and hire Emery we would say he actually chose the best option

Wouldn't have mattered who was managing Chelsea,  Chuck was never going to be ready to get into their team, it's too good, even though they are losing ground on the top 4. When you consider Mount plays more or less where Chuck should be and he can't get in it tells you all you need to know. 

He's delayed his development by 2 years is my guess. That's if he can get clear of the car crash that Chelsea  are in at the moment and get a team to take him on huge wages, his fee will have to be low and even then he's a huge gamble at £100k a week. Maybe West ham could take a punt? 

1 hour ago, useless said:

There's no chance whatsoever they will be looking to sell him, he's still considered one of the better players in his age group. Id' be very surprised if he doesn't have a career playing one of the top leagues, and go on to be an England international, if he doesn't will be more likely because of bad decision making rather than lack of talent.

But needs a loan next season, there will be no shortage of takers.

Will probably be Ramsey's replacement in England U21s after the summer tournaments.

Plenty of talented players don’t make it, what was the name of that one at United? Ravel Morrison? Was supposed to be one of the most talented players United ever produced, terrible attitude. Where is he now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Compare him to Brennan Johnson at Forest who is single handedly keeping them up. 21 years old in his first season in the top flight and playing scoring regularly.

No comparison.

Johnson is two years older though, which is a big difference at that age. Not sure that's a very good comparison. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Johnson is two years older though, which is a big difference at that age. Not sure that's a very good comparison. 

Maybe. Maybe not. But I would bet anything that in 2 years time Carney won't be banging goals in for a Premier League side. We got a fantastic deal.l thanks to Boehly not having a clue what he's doing.

Edited by GlobalVillan

Ravel Morrison was highly rated as a U16 when at Man Utd with Pogba, by the time he was nineteen he was nowhere near as highly rated as Chukwuemeka is now, at nineteen Morrison was on loan at small heath from West Ham.

Chukwuemeka has moslty just been unlucky this season, firstly because of an injury, and then because Chelsea struggling means them having less of a chance to give younger players game time, obviously even without the injury and if Chelsea doing better he still woudn't have played lots, but I don't think he would have been expecting to be a regular or anything like that.

But as above he does need a loan, as he's creeping up to the age of twenty and hasn't even played ten games worth of senior football yet, which for most players his age is not a big deal, but for someone as good as him should have played more, partly his own fault or his advisors fault, because of contract stand off with us, meaning we couldn't loan him out, and then signing for Chelsea..

I'm sure when he does go on loan, either to Championship, or league in Europe like Holland or similar level, he will do very well, if we loan out Ramsey again next season then I think that team would do very well to try and get Chukwuemeka as well as the two of them link up so well together, don't think it will be long before we see them both playing for England U21s.

Â