Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Considering his age I’m surprised he wants 200k pw, a stake in the club, to start in goal ahead of Martinez, a church roof made of moon rocks and for Gerrard to sing the “you’re the one that I want” part of the Grease mega mix into his face at every team talk. He hasn’t proved himself enough. 

34 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Considering his age I’m surprised he wants 200k pw, a stake in the club, to start in goal ahead of Martinez, a church roof made of moon rocks and for Gerrard to sing the “you’re the one that I want” part of the Grease mega mix into his face at every team talk. He hasn’t proved himself enough. 

He would trade in all that for a chance to sit on Man City’s bench 😜

53 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wonder if our CEO coming out and saying he is the best 16 yo in world football (sic) has had an effect on the negotiations ? The best deserve to be paid accordingly… 

Yes the best 16 year old youth was probably paid well at that level. But now he wants top man level pay well before he’s near “top man” level.

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

I have no insight into what Carney is being advised to do, but I do have a fairly decent scriptural knowledge due to my traditional upbringing in the 1950's.

I wonder whether the issue clouding this contractual disagreement is down to Tithing. Pastors (especially a couple of well known Nigerians) have become very rich by insisting on this practice.

Tithing is the biblical instruction that a proportion of a persons income should be given to the church. These Pastors quote the book of Malachi in the Old Testament saying if you're not giving your tithes to them you are disobeying God. They say that if you obey all the rest of God's laws, but fail to pay a tithe (usually a tenth of your income) to the church, then the gates of heaven will be closed to you.

I really hope that Carney isn't being used as a Pastor's cash machine.

This isn't an accusation, it's just a concern I have because of reading about how devout he his. I hope I'm totally wrong for CC's sake.

How else do you expect them to fund the Church Aston Martin? 

Edited by sidcow

I have no insight into what Carney is being advised to do, but I do have a fairly decent scriptural knowledge due to my traditional upbringing in the 1950's.

I wonder whether the issue clouding this contractual disagreement is down to Tithing. Pastors (especially a couple of well known Nigerians) have become very rich by insisting on this practice.

Tithing is the biblical instruction that a proportion of a persons income should be given to the church. These Pastors quote the book of Malachi in the Old Testament saying if you're not giving your tithes to them you are disobeying God. They say that if you obey all the rest of God's laws, but fail to pay a tithe (usually a tenth of your income) to the church, then the gates of heaven will be closed to you.

This isn't an accusation, it's just a concern I have because of reading about how devout he his. I hope I'm totally wrong for CC's sake.

Sounds like he should change his name to Carney Churchrichmaker!!

• Haha 1

I’ve thought this for a while.  For once I’d say he’d actually be better off with an actual football agent!

6 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Funny how Football Insider gets derided as a source except when it suits our narrative.

Hes just a kid who doesn’t want to sign long term for us. We might not like it but we don’t have to get nasty about it. 

I really despise these made up articles. A lot of people believe everything they read and he will get a hell of a lot of stick for this even though it’s blatantly bollocks.  Football Insider are out of order.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Funny how Football Insider gets derided as a source except when it suits our narrative.

Hes just a kid who doesn’t want to sign long term for us. We might not like it but we don’t have to get nasty about it. 

It goes with with all sources… if it’s against the narrative 

that sam lee twit reporting Jack Grealish was leaving last year. He got pelters for it, because our fans didn’t want it to happen.

I’m sure we not the only fan base that’s like that tho 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

They're proper bullshitters, maybe even worse than that because they have an air of negativity about them towards us too

Can remember them writing a piece on Smith facing the sack because our owners were upset we'd loaned out Hourihane, using a source from the corridors of the top offices at villa park or some such bullshit, noticed them ever since, they're garbage 

As he trains with the u23s at Bodymoor rather than plays with the first team out in Australia, it must be dawning on him that this might not work out quite how he'd have hoped.

You have to say his team played a good game in getting him thrust into first team action last season, even if it was tantamount to blackmail. But where does he go from here? It appears they've overplayed their hand.  I don't give much credence to the Barça, Man City, PSG, A N Other big club links. Read the article in Mundo Deportivo about the possibility of him signing for Barça but it was very speculative based on nothing other than the fact someone else had mentioned Barça as a potential destination. It suggested that if they did sign him they'd most likely loan him out to get some minutes. 

So where would that leave him? Playing for Granada or someone similar for a season? How is that a step up from playing for Villa in the PL and the exposure that guarantees? The same would apply to any of the other big clubs. So the reality is he'd almost certainly end up at a lower ranked club than Villa for at least a season, albeit with a slightly enhanced bank balance. Like i said, i can't see any of them making the move at the price Villa are asking and for his wage demands (if true). So that would leave him sitting out the final year of his contract not getting a sniff of first team action at a crucial stage in his development. Stranger things have happened but it would be a massive own goal if that were to be the case.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

As he trains with the u23s at Bodymoor rather than plays with the first team out in Australia, it must be dawning on him that this might not work out quite how he'd have hoped.

You have to say his team played a good game in getting him thrust into first team action last season, even if it was tantamount to blackmail. But where does he go from here? It appears they've overplayed their hand.  I don't give much credence to the Barça, Man City, PSG, A N Other big club links. Read the article in Mundo Deportivo about the possibility of him signing for Barça but it was very speculative based on nothing other than the fact someone else had mentioned Barça as a potential destination. It suggested that if they did sign him they'd most likely loan him out to get some minutes. 

So where would that leave him? Playing for Granada or someone similar for a season? How is that a step up from playing for Villa in the PL and the exposure that guarantees? The same would apply to any of the other big clubs. So the reality is he'd almost certainly end up at a lower ranked club than Villa for at least a season, albeit with a slightly enhanced bank balance. Like i said, i can't see any of them making the move at the price Villa are asking and for his wage demands (if true). So that would leave him sitting out the final year of his contract not getting a sniff of first team action at a crucial stage in his development. Stranger things have happened but it would be a massive own goal if that were to be the case.

So what you’re saying @chips'ngravy is that he might be pissing on his own chips?

I agree. 

• Haha 2

Â