Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

Here's a question or two for those that have concerns with the approach the club is taking:

1) How much do you think Carney is worth and how much would you pay him?
2) What affect do you think it would  have on Carney's peers?
3) What promises would you make to Carney, if you were the club?
4) What do you think Carney's future value could be? And multiply that by the probability.

and

5) Are these risks worth it?

Edited by fruitvilla

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

eh he got an assist in a different game plus nearly got an equaliser vs City

Is a lot of bitterness from people on here that they are making up that he just came on and did nothing when he played last season

I’m not bitter. I have been consistent in my opinion of him all season. I think he’s half decent on the ball but needs to learn off it. I genuinely hope he stays but won’t lose any sleep when he leaves, that’s football. If he was a good as Gareth Barry was at 17 I would be far more disappointed.

You see a lot more in his game than I do, I respect that.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

He's showing himself the door. 

If he signed the contract, he'd be in the first team squad and feeding the kangaroos and koalas now. 🐨

Hopefully he gets FOMO and puts pen to paper

Newcastle media jumping on it because they need clicks

1 minute ago, fruitvilla said:

Here's a question or two for those that have concerns with the approach the club is taking:

2) What affect do you think it would it have on Carney's peers?
4) What do you think Carney's future value could be? And multiply that by the probability.

and

1) I'd pay him based on his squad role which for me is overtaking Nakamba and Sanson so starting at £30k working it's way up incrementally over the course of the 5 years so that potentially by the end of the 5 years based on development he'd be on say £50-60k

2) positive, pay youngsters based on role not on potential or on age, if Tim or KKH or Barry or Ramsey thought they were then underpaid they're looking at loans next season not the bench, pay people based on what they do not who they are or what they might be, if we think he's got 20 games in him next season then pay him like a 20 game PL player not like a kid

3) none

4) if he went to say Chelsea or man City now by the time he's 21 he's a £20m-30m player without ever needing to kick a ball for them,that magical top 6 reserve player value, or goes to Dortmund and comes back it'll be the same, what's madueke after 3 years at PSV, £40-50m? The PL is filthy rich and someone will pay it

5) yes, we will pay dross more, deadwood will "earn" more 

If villas masterplan is the academy then pay the money 

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

I’m not bitter. I have been consistent in my opinion of him all season. I think he’s half decent on the ball but needs to learn off it. I genuinely hope he stays but won’t lose any sleep when he leaves, that’s football. If he was a good as Gareth Barry was at 17 I would be far more disappointed.

You see a lot more in his game than I do, I respect that.

Ditto.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

2) What affect do you think it would  have on Carney's peers?

and

Simple answer to all of this. Chuk is coming through our youth system along with several other good prospects. Chuk is not the finished article - whatever he thinks - so he gets treated just the same as the others.

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's showing himself the door. 

If he signed the contract, he'd be in the first team squad and feeding the kangaroos and koalas now. 🐨

Aye he could have been loving on roos and Koala's.

Instead he made this happen.

_kangaroo-kicks-k.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Latest what? Does the club have a live news update on events? 

Its also 6am in Australia, I imagine Purslow and Lange are probably with the club down there to be announcing transfer news

13 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Being reported now he’s up for sale 

Well thats obvious by being left at home and hom not signing a new contract. What else were we going to do with him?

• Thanks 1

He's a very silly boy. As if he's getting more game time at any bigger club than Villa 🙄 Where do these kids get their notions. Remember back when footballers had to earn the right to act the billy big ballix? Oh, those halcyon days.

• Like 1

The argument that he hasn't shown anything on the pitch to me makes little sense, he's not an impact player but he looked decent in a couple of games and lost in a few others, if you look back at when Ramsey first started to make appearances, many wrote him off instantly. 

I don't think his quality is under question, whoever he plays for he is going to be one hell of a player and just because it might not be for us, pretending otherwise is comedy.

I would imagine he has already told Gerrard he is leaving/wants to leave or his 'representative from God' has made it clear he won't sign, it seems likely he is bought into a narrative that he should already be starting week in week out and will get this at another club. It could be about money and the prestige of a bigger club but this seems unlikely if you read about him and his character.

It's very sad, but part and parcel of football, rarely happens to us so stings massively.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

The argument that he hasn't shown anything on the pitch to me makes little sense, he's not an impact player but he looked decent in a couple of games and lost in a few others, if you look back at when Ramsey first started to make appearances, many wrote him off instantly. 

I don't think his quality is under question, whoever he plays for he is going to be one hell of a player and just because it might not be for us, pretending otherwise is comedy.

I would imagine he has already told Gerrard he is leaving/wants to leave or his 'representative from God' has made it clear he won't sign, it seems likely he is bought into a narrative that he should already be starting week in week out and will get this at another club. It could be about money and the prestige of a bigger club but this seems unlikely if you read about him and his character.

It's very sad, but part and parcel of football, rarely happens to us so stings massively.

Well whatever the reason, weather it’s money, or playing time. The lines been drawn in the sand. Over to Carney now, he either signs and stays, or doesn’t and is sold. Looking like the latter.

Â