Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Why would you ignore his age? He didn't run games but he really did not look out of his depth. Not easy for someone so young.

I said to ignore his age for a second when judging him to premier league standard and making a decision whether he should be starting. He did fine but to improve our league position our starting midfield should be better. 
To be fair, I thought my post was pretty clear.

• Like 1

I mean, say we started him most games in the first half of next season, he does ok, develops  a bit but isn’t pulling up trees because he’s only 19. We find ourselves rooted in lower mid table again by Christmas (obviously wouldn’t all be his fault) and then he signs a pre contract with Dortmund in January anyway…would it have been worth it?

My point is there’s a balance to be had.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Wait a minute..

8 and a 6.. 8 and a 6.... 8x6 is 48. 8+6 is 14. 48-14 is 34. We need 1 more player, so take 1 off 34 and you get 33..

That's his shirt number! Chuk is signing everyone!

image.jpeg.2e73aa8dae57396731ace725d2e84779.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Depends what you mean by holding his own. He wasn’t bad but if you ignore his age for a second, he didn’t massively impress either. That’s not a criticism because obviously he is young and has bags of potential but we can’t sacrifice our own results to repeatedly start a kid for his development or to get him to sign a contract.
He should be nothing more than a well used squad player until he proves himself worthy of a start (or injuries provide him with an unexpected opportunity). Five subs and a cup run or two will give him loads of game time this season. 

I think he has suffered from not being used in the correct way. The only time he has played at "8" (from memory) was with Ash Young as the other "8" and I can't remember who was the "6". Every other time he was brought on as a "10"! We need to see him as an "8" (box to box role) with a proper DCM behind and SJM/JJ alongside. A couple of games like that and we can see whether he can replicate his u-19s form in the PL.

• Like 1

Should be told either sign a new contract before the start of the season or you won't be near the 1st team.

I would then try and sell him for some money.

Pointless giving him minutes as all he will do is use it to get the move he wants, if indeed he wants to move.

All this I want playing time yet won't commit nonsense. Works both ways, commit and you are likely to get more playing time if you are good enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Should be told either sign a new contract before the start of the season or you won't be near the 1st team.

Pointless giving him minutes as all he will do is use it to get the move he wants, if indeed he wants to move.

All this I want playing time yet won't commit nonsense. Works both ways, commit and you are likely to get more playing time if you are good enough.

If he doesn't sign he should be sold ASAP, slap on a sell on clause.

Saw something last night, saka at Arsenal is on £30k a week, signed a 4 year deal at 18 and has 2 years left on it 

Add that to Phil Foden signing his 5 year £30k a week deal at 18 too

Would you say the clubs or the players have got the better end of those deals? That's something I think needs factoring in, I'm obviously hoping chuk has a similar trajectory and by the time he's 20 he won't be worth £30k a week

Its a difficult position for club and player 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Accepting that none of us really know what is going on, and really wanting this kid to stay and grow with the Villa, I agree to your post. Sign and play a part or don't sign and be sold. I fear his head has been turned by the Bellingham affect with Dortmund.

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Saw something last night, saka at Arsenal is on £30k a week, signed a 4 year deal at 18 and has 2 years left on it 

Would you say the clubs or the players have got the better end of those deals? That's something I think needs factoring in, I'm obviously hoping chuk has a similar trajectory and by the time he's 20 he won't be worth £30k a week

I'd say Saka is just refusing to sign a new deal rather than having not been offered one. Foden is likely on bonuses based on appearances and trophies. He'll likely sign a new deal soon

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Easier middle ground, it doesn’t have to be flat wages.  It can easily be structured to be increased based on trigger points, bonuses etc within the contract term.  Achieve certain milestones and wages increase, it’s fairly easy to construct.  In a very different industry and a lot less value I’ve done it for juniors who worked for me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd say Saka is just refusing to sign a new deal rather than having not been offered one. Foden is likely on bonuses based on appearances and trophies. He'll likely sign a new deal soon

Foden is definitley heavily incentivised as I think that's how all man City contracts are 

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

I think he has suffered from not being used in the correct way. The only time he has played at "8" (from memory) was with Ash Young as the other "8" and I can't remember who was the "6". Every other time he was brought on as a "10"! We need to see him as an "8" (box to box role) with a proper DCM behind and SJM/JJ alongside. A couple of games like that and we can see whether he can replicate his u-19s form in the PL.

It was Luiz who wasn't fit that day either as he cut his holidays short as we needed players 

Would take him signing a new contract over any possible signing we could make. I confidently predict without hesitation  that he will be an England international within the next two years.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, useless said:

Would take him signing a new contract over any possible signing we could make. I confidently predict without hesitation  that he will be an England international within the next two years.

Only if he signs for a Southgate approved team

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, useless said:

Don't see it personally, Southgate likes his favourites, Henderson will go leaving one spot, phillips and rice will still start, Bellingham will sign for Liverpool and magically become a better player and migthht finally oust Mount 

Even Ramsey is going to struggle under Southgate in the next 2 years

Not a knock on chuk but Southgate is a dick 

Also with the world cup in November it'll be interesting to see how the cycle works with the u21s, no new faces in the 1st team squad in September so Curtis Jones et al might end up staying at u21 level leaving chuk at u19 level, as a result its not until March when he steps up but by then the u21s are looking at their summer tournament so again no new faces, the progression could be skewed

Jones will also get a nod for the first team ahead of Ramsey, you can almost guarantee it

Â