Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

20 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Unpopular opinion. I’m genuinely not fussed. He’s been decent. Lots of kids are. Our midfield is stacked and it’s likely we’ll add too it. If he stays, good, if he doesn’t want to - I think we’ll be ok. 

It may be unpopular, but it's one I completely share.

• Like 3

This is absolutely 100% his agent playing games.  I read somewhere that his agent doesn't have other clients and is trying to play hardball with Villa to try to maximize his own gain.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Isn’t ECL 7th place? I think thinking we could achieve that 9 points behind is smoking some serious stuff plus our first time back in European competition however poor it is we won’t be sending the lads.  At the moment we already have the likes of Bailey, Traore, Sanson, Young, Buendia itching for game time ahead of Carney.

We realistically need to just leapfrog West Ham and Wolves (and I guess Southampton, but they've always got a poor run in them) and we have games in hand on both and play them both. It's not the herculean task it appears to be on first glance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Rewatch highlights and extended highlights. 

When we score, they pan to the bench and the person on the bench going crazy the most is always Carney: he's right into it and is delighted for his team mates. 

Those peddling the 'he doesn't want to be here' line... I'm just not seeing it in his body language. 

Look at Rafinha last night, had the body language of a wet cat shit. 

Yes there's a sticking point with his new contract, but that could be a lot of things, his attitude cannot be questioned imo. 

He probably wants a fairly large pay packet as others have said he isn't guaranteed (with things like injuries as well) to make it so getting a 5 year deal with big money will be his insurance.

Plus he probably wants guaranteed game time as well. He's seen ramsey he's seen esr, he's seen Bellingham and I'm sure he believes if he's given the opportunity he can be just as good as they are. And probably he's had contact from a team like Dortmund we'll guve you enough minutes to prove yourself and if you are good enough you'll be a regular starter by season end. 

44 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Isn’t ECL 7th place? I think thinking we could achieve that 9 points behind is smoking some serious stuff plus our first time back in European competition however poor it is we won’t be sending the lads.  At the moment we already have the likes of Bailey, Traore, Sanson, Young, Buendia itching for game time ahead of Carney.

I said if

its a nothing competition, I’d expect us to use our full squad and not give a shit about putting out the same XI as we do in the league.

Edited by a m ole

21 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We realistically need to just leapfrog West Ham and Wolves (and I guess Southampton, but they've always got a poor run in them) and we have games in hand on both and play them both. It's not the herculean task it appears to be on first glance.

Leicester have 3 games in hand. They will be right in the mix by the end of the season for top 7. 

The April/May run of 4 games in a row against Leicester, Norwich, Burnley, Palace is massive for us. We will need 12 points from that to have any chance of top 7.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Leicester have 3 games in hand. They will be right in the mix by the end of the season for top 7. 

The April/May run of 4 games in a row against Leicester, Norwich, Burnley, Palace is massive for us. We will need 12 points from that to have any chance of top 7.

They've been very iffy this season, and I wouldn't rely on them to have any sustained form but yeah I can see them being up there.

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He surely wants to play more and see's players like Buendia, Bailey, Sanson, Traore all on the bench. With another CDM to be signed in summer. He does think he'll get the game time at Villa and clubs are willing to sign him and play him regularly. So he will be sold and we move on. 

Personally I'd keep him next season to make an example of him. u23s and off on a free

But we lose out in a few then as well. 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

We'd get a fee/compensation for him anyway due to his age. Set by a tribunal I think?

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

It's important to make an example to deter similar players we've developed from doing similar. If they decide they want to leave the club that is fine but we stop training you and you sit out your contract. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

It's important to make an example to deter similar players we've developed from doing similar. If they decide they want to leave the club that is fine but we stop training you and you sit out your contract. 

But we wouldn’t get as much from a tribunal then, we’d just be spiting ourselves. The club is run by highly successful businessmen, I can’t see them taking such a childish stance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We wouldn't as he signed a professional contract I believe. 

I thought it was any player under 24? Or has it changed?

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

So we need to get 9 more points than them (assume we also beat their goal difference) in the remaining games which we have a total of 33 points available. In that period we also have to play Liverpool and Man City, also our next four games are West Ham, Arsenal, Wolves and then Spurs…I think your “realistically” is not so realistic.

We've just come off a massive bad run, we’ve had 3 excellent results but come off it.  

If we had a unbelievable end of season and won 7 of the last 11 games we’ll be on 57 points.  West Ham would only need 12 points and Wolves 14 points to beat us.

It’s more than Herculean, we are expected to go on a title winning type run because 7 wins in 11 plus the 3 we just had, would be 10 wins in 14 games and we expect West Ham and Wolves to have a fairly low bottom half of the table run, (almost relegation level run) and we pip them especially given the next run of games we have.

I love your optimism but we need some realism.

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

I said if

its a nothing competition, I’d expect us to use our full squad and not give a shit about putting out the same XI as we do in the league.

It’s more of a competition than we’ve had for a long time.  Yes it’s the poor European trophy and yes not brilliant but it would be the first time in Europe for ages and even a possibility of a trophy for us.  It’s not a nothing trophy for teams like us, it would mean a great deal to us.  Yes hopefully a stepping stone to the bigger competitions but should never be downgraded for the position this club is in.  We should put a team out that can win each game and sometimes that will be a changed up team against weak opponents but sometimes our strongest team when required.

You’d hope the kid is well advised. It’s not beyond the realms of impossibility that we could make a push for the europa league. He would certainly play games then. I don’t understand his end game here. Go to city or Arsenal to sit on their bench too ?

6 hours ago, Eligius said:

He is still young with lots to learn still but if he doesn't want to commit his future to Aston Villa I won't mind if he leaves, and I would say that about any player that won't commit to this great club.

You mean we shouldn't be forcing every good player to stay?! And if we don't we don't have any ambition? ;)

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

So we need to get 9 more points than them (assume we also beat their goal difference) in the remaining games which we have a total of 33 points available. In that period we also have to play Liverpool and Man City, also our next four games are West Ham, Arsenal, Wolves and then Spurs…I think your “realistically” is not so realistic.

We've just come off a massive bad run, we’ve had 3 excellent results but come off it.  

If we had a unbelievable end of season and won 7 of the last 11 games we’ll be on 57 points.  West Ham would only need 12 points and Wolves 14 points to beat us.

It’s more than Herculean, we are expected to go on a title winning type run because 7 wins in 11 plus the 3 we just had, would be 10 wins in 14 games and we expect West Ham and Wolves to have a fairly low bottom half of the table run, (almost relegation level run) and we pip them especially given the next run of games we have.

I love your optimism but we need some realism.

Yes we have to get 9 more points than them, a task made easier by the fact that we play a game more than them and have an opportunity of picking up 3 points against them. They also have to play Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and City in their run-in, plus potential European games that they need to juggle their small squad for. If we do our part (ie: Burnley and West Ham), we only need to get 3 more points than them in a very similar run-in. Again, not exactly impossible is it? 

Â