Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

26 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Tbh I think were managing him perfectly, each experience he gets on the pitch is a positive one, if he’s patient his minutes will increase.

Yep, I'd like to think even down to the details of not bringing him on chasing utd in an away game but doing it in a home game, it's thought out and purposeful 

You take the contract stuff and the emotional response to it out of it and we are doing everything right and he is developing as he should by the looks of it 

31 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Tbh I think were managing him perfectly, each experience he gets on the pitch is a positive one, if he’s patient his minutes will increase.

Agreed, it's a similar situation to that of Foden at Man City, although admittedly Foden had some much better place to displace in their team. I think a lot of people were calling for Foden to get much more game time than he was getting as an 18 year old, but look at him now.

18 years old, he's got so much time on his side!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think so, as I doubt Chukwuemeka not signing a deal has anything to do with him wanting more money, as no doubt we will have offered him a very good deal, the academy is a big part of our plans, we aren't to put all the effort that we've put into it and then offer it's leading light the talented Mr Chukwuemeka poor terms. I think him not signing a new deal is much more likey related to him wanting more game time, or at least an indication that he's going to be used more going forward, so on the contrary I think today is a big positive, and hopefully go towards convincing him to stay.

I agree and was baffled that he didnt start vs United in the FA cup. It seem'd set up perfectly for him to play opposite Buendia with two narrow 10's that night.

I can see why he doesn't want to sign if he thinks he's good enough to play and he might be right.

Coutinho/Bailey Ings/Watkins Buendia/Traore are the front 3 combos.

There's a chance Bailey's pace will be needed and Buendia might drop into the 8. We clearly want a new DM so that leaves McGinn, Sanson, Luiz, Ramsey, Chuk and possibly Buendia fighting it out for 2 CM spots.

52 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't know what the club is thinking. 

Clearly have a generational talent in our hands. 

Give him what he wants I'd say. 

Yep - has to be starting games soon. Be a feck up of the highest order to let him go.

9 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Nobody knows what is going on with him. Have we offered him another contract? We might be waiting until the summer.

We offered a new contract and he rejected it. We can only speculate what the motivation was for that. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We offered a new contract and he rejected it. We can only speculate what the motivation was for that. 

I'd imagine that he Wants the extra year like hayden plus more cash. He probably wants something to put him on par in terms of wages with the likes of targett and his agent is doing his job to get maximum money and years. 

Edited by MotoMkali

35 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I can see why he doesn't want to sign if he thinks he's good enough to play and he might be right.

Coutinho/Bailey Ings/Watkins Buendia/Traore are the front 3 combos.

There's a chance Bailey's pace will be needed and Buendia might drop into the 8. We clearly want a new DM so that leaves McGinn, Sanson, Luiz, Ramsey, Chuk and possibly Buendia fighting it out for 2 CM spots.

I see that a bit differently - I think our first choice midfield 3 is Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey and I think after today Chuk may be ‘first reserve’ - at worst competing with Sanson for that slot. So the same as you see it but I think that’s a GOOD thing for him - fight his way in.

Best performance so far. Showing signs he’s developing in the right way. Need to get contract sorted out because we don’t want to lose this kid. 

If it’s just about game time then get him to sign a contract and get him out on loan. 

Edited by villaglint

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Best performance so far. Showing signs he’s developing in the right way. Need to get contract sorted out because we don’t want to lose this kid. 

If it’s just about game time then get him to sign a contract and get him out on loan. 

Sign a new contract and keep using him as we are and let him learn and link up with Coutinho .

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Sign a new contract and keep using him as we are and let him learn and link up with Coutinho .

Yeah that would be my preference too but just wondering if he’s desperate to be starting if that would be a good compromise. 

Â