Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

6 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't understand your obsession with Rico Henry.... Are you related?! You talk like he is the best full back in the Championship or something😂😂

I know tell me about it, what with him and a certain young Kosovan.

Seriously though I think we need to upgrade Tayls, I'd like to say upgrade Targs but that would cost and who knows Rico Henry might be that anyway, I just think he is getable for not silly money and makes us stronger with little disruption. Add in Targs missed too many games last year, makes sense?

We are not going to be able to do everything this window, I think LB can wait, we defo need a CM or dynamic DM. I think priority is another striker even after Rashica, we can’t make last seasons mistake.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

A dynamic CM and a LW are an absolute priority this window. 

I remember saying at the end of last window that we needed another winger and another striker - I think everyone did - and that’s exactly what we missed. 

We’ll struggle again this season without a solid Central Midfielder and a quick left winger. 

LB will have to wait unfortunately. 

I would go all out for a defensive midfielder, forget Rashica we have options up front, although they could be described as inconsistent. Our midfield options are poor especially from a defensive point of view. Douglas is brilliant on the ball, see he's role as a more advanced midfielder. He's wasted sitting in front of the defense .

Letting Baptiste Santamaria go to Freiburg for £9m was a bad miss IMO. Douglas now absolutely key to the way we're setting up and there's no one who can do it like him. Marvellous couldn't be any further from a direct replacement if he's meant to be the cover.

If we get in another forward and CM I'll be pretty excited about the season. CB also needed if Engels is off.

• Like 1

I think that's where the links to Swift make sense. However I'd like us to go to Lille and pick up Boubakary Soumaré. Box to box midfielder, strong, quick, technically gifted and tactically very good. He kept getting through on Sunday with a favourite DM of mine Valentin Rongier. 

Two other players we should look at if a certain kosovan doesn't turn up are Jonathan Bamba or Nanitamo Ikone. Both at Lille and they look like they've got the ability to play in the premier League.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Letting Baptiste Santamaria go to Freiburg for £9m was a bad miss IMO. Douglas now absolutely key to the way we're setting up and there's no one who can do it like him. Marvellous couldn't be any further from a direct replacement if he's meant to be the cover.

If we get in another forward and CM I'll be pretty excited about the season. CB also needed if Engels is off.

I'm cry. 

We need a centre mid who is of similar physique, size, speed  and strength to Cash. Someone who can dominate the centre of the park, run all day, move the ball quickly and effectively, put his foot in, score the odd goal and head the ball. Basically we need the new Roy Keane. That shouldn’t be too hard!

31 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I've seen a lot of chat in here about how good this guy is.  If that's the case, why on Earth is he only (no offence) going to Freiburg?

• Like 1

Like most have said, quite apparent we need an upgrade in the CM position. Our bench is still bare and we need someone who can come on late in The game and have the ability to change things. We’re not far away but still need another two signings that can make a difference in the wing and CM.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think that's where the links to Swift make sense. However I'd like us to go to Lille and pick up Boubakary Soumaré. Box to box midfielder, strong, quick, technically gifted and tactically very good. He kept getting through on Sunday with a favourite DM of mine Valentin Rongier. 

Two other players we should look at if a certain kosovan doesn't turn up are Jonathan Bamba or Nanitamo Ikone. Both at Lille and they look like they've got the ability to play in the premier League.

I’d rather have Swift in the squad than Lansbury that’s for sure.

I like your ambition re the other names you mention but only Bamba is realistic.

I personally think we’re still more likely to sign Benrahma than Rashica for that LW slot.

Alternatively we buy in Edouard and Watkins moves out on the LW.

54 minutes ago, tinker said:

I would go all out for a defensive midfielder, forget Rashica we have options up front, although they could be described as inconsistent. Our midfield options are poor especially from a defensive point of view. Douglas is brilliant on the ball, see he's role as a more advanced midfielder. He's wasted sitting in front of the defense .

No way. Dougs best performances have all been defensive midfield.

Rashica is essential. The quality out wide is badly lacking. 

We do need another CM for squad depth / competition. But Rashica is needed for the first team.

I identified the fullback positions as being areas that needed drastic improvement and the start of the window. Nothing of Targetts performance yesterday convinced me otherwise. I can't ever see him being a top left back. He is only good enough for back up. Don't rate him, even if he does have a nice left foot. It's not enough for a modern left back.

Edited by Philosopher

3 minutes ago, dukes said:

IS Lucas Torreira unreasonable as a DM option ? Not wanted by Arsenal it seems and looked pretty decent at the beginning of last season. Possible loan to buy ?

He wants to go to Athletico Madrid..he already turned down torino in favour of joining them

Edited by OLDVILLAIN
my "o" disappeared!
  • Thanks 1