Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

20 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Ok lets get this on track:

€10m for some 21y.o. Copenhagen CB? Seems to have a whiff of possibility about it

Rashica still possible depending what you read: fee agreed, wages not. Could go to the wire unless other interest arrives

Some noises around Sarr and Benrahma and while we are looking and they are still available anything could happen.

Loftus Cheek seems likely, but we would prefer Barkley. Is it possible we get both on loan?

Still need an additional striker: Edouard still possible, anyone else realistically? Or does this depend if we dont sign Rashica etc?

You can’t loan 2 from the same club

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Purslow and Lange are in Bremen scoffing Nürnberger Rostbratwurst and swigging Erdinger Hafeweizen whilst waiting for Baumann to stop playing with his Glockenspiel and pick up his Pelikan Souveran and sign the bloody contract, ya.

If Rashica doesn’t sign soon, Purslow and Lange will be kippered. 

• Haha 1

Seen Sarr links seem to be increasing in intensity although seen nothing approaching credible.

Can imagine Watford will at least want to recoup the £30m they spent on him. Not sure he's quite worth it, although £30m seems the new £10m at times, but him and Traore on the break with Jack feeding them would be a **** sight to behold.

Rashica and Barkley and I’ll be very happy with our business. Another striker would be wise though. As much as I’ve got faith in Watkins and Davis, one injury leaves us woefully short. Traoré and Rashica could fill in, but if they’re in form playing as inside forwards at the time of said imaginary injury, I’d rather not disrupt the way we play too much, and have an actual CF to step in. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I just dont think that’s possible? I thought Phillips was the highest paid and signed a new deal around £25Kp.w. last summer?

I don’t actually think they’re all on £100k a week but I did see something about Leeds having some sort of “different” financing plan. We all know what happened last time they tried that.

I’d assume Philips and most of the rest of them had a pay rise on getting promoted written into their contracts. 

9 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Sarr would be absolutely brilliant. Not convinced in the links yet but I can imagine we would be interested as he ticks all the boxes. He's going to be a formidable player in my opinion.

He scared me witless every time he got the ball when we played them. 

I don't see why any particular player being on a bonkers wage is a surprise to anybody. The inequity and seemingly baffling disparity between players of varying worth to the team makes it near on impossible to try to compare to what you consider the hierarchy to be.

I don't think most realise just how much money football clubs spend on their players, facilities, staff etc it is utterly mind-blowing.

Anyhow, unless you personally have information, calling out a regular poster just because you don't think it sounds right seems an odd choice.

• Like 4