Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Probably for me. I'm fine with going after Watkins (as long as we don't pay over the odds) and not so keen on Wilson. If we signed both of them I'd be a bit concerned because I get the feeling we'd use Watkins out wide then and that would be a waste.

Now if we signed one of them and a quality winger I'd be pleased with that. 

Looks like we're shopping in the £20mill bracket, £60mill over 3 players linked solidly today - I reckon we'll certainly see someone as good as Buendia/Benhrama coming in.

Wilson would be a good signing he has over 30 goals on this league and is 2 seasons short of 30 years old, £20 million is good value and better than anything we currently have.

Fans need to remember where we are currently. We do not have the pull factor as Everton or Leeds because they have world class managers that Continental players want to play for.

A lot of these players that we desire may not have heard of Dean Smith. Despite that it’s up to Dean Smith to make his mark so that other players in Europe want to work with him.

6 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Can't say I am happy at the prospect of spending c£60m on WIlson, Watkins and Cash. Thought we would be a bit more imaginative in our dealings. Wilson especially. He has had 2 bad injuries and is on the decline. 

Same here mate. I see potential with Watkins as he can play two positions. I am uncertain as to where Cash will play as it could be RB or right-sided forward. Wilson seems a player whose career is in decline to me so not inspired at all by the link to him. I would love them all to be great signings if they do get signed but I am far from convinced they will push us forward. 

• Like 1

On the positive side of things you would hope Cash, Watkins, Wilson, Benrahma would all improve us. On the other hands im struggling to see how signing a whole host of Championship players is going to improve our position in the Premier League.

Yes we have to be realistic that we aren't going to sign other prem clubs best players but this strategy just doesn't quite add up for me.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

TBH, 20 Million on Wilson is better value than 28 Million on Watkins...  England international who has proven he can score goals in the Premier League vs someone who has had one good season in the Championship.  

Just now, KMitch said:

TBH, 20 Million on Wilson is better value than 28 Million on Watkins...  England international who has proven he can score goals in the Premier League vs someone who has had one good season in the Championship.  

It depends how you value potential. We know exactly what we are getting with Wilson and it doesn't seem to be worth 20 mill!

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Wilson scores 7 goals last season. Add his injury record and no doubt his wages won’t be cheap. It’s a crazy signing - I thought we moved away from signings like this. I’d wager a bet Wesley would’ve scored more if he didn’t get injured and I’m serious. 

Which is why 20 million is less than we paid for Wesley...

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Leeds sign an older player who scores less and it's a brilliant signing. We have potential to sign Wilson with a decent premier league scoring record and a decent career scoring record (better than Rodrigo) and it's underwhelming.

Literally cannot win.

FYI Rodrigo’s game isn’t just goals. He also got 9 assists. Wilson got one. Rodrigos all round game and movement is completely different. It’s literally not comparable. 

• Like 1

Just now, KMitch said:

They're both insane 'deals' if they're close to accurate.