Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Used to have a bad reputation, but I think they're genuinely 'ITK' about one or two things now...

Not sure what the laughing face is for, they released pictures of the new kits before anyone else, and on the day the away kit was revealed they knew about that before anyone else. The season before last they also knew that Grealish's injury would keep him out for months, for which they got a lot of criticism for, until it turned out to be true. Not saying what they're tweeting here is true but in recent times they have seemingly been getting some inside info on some topics from somewhere.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Things seem to be falling into place with Rashica and Edouard, so hopefully! No doubt there will be something completely out of nowhere!

Do they ????

I don't see us getting either of those TBH.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, richp999 said:

He joined us for a five a side game once, whilst he was still playing for villa. Quite an eye opener - none of us could get near him, and he wasn't breaking a sweat. He wasn't really that quick either, premier league wise.. 

Our office played Villa old stars a few years ago for charity. 

We had loads of decent Sunday League players, and a fair few ringers including a non league player.  All young and fit. 

Villa old stars had a good sprinkling of the Euro Cup team, Ian Olney was the youngest by an absolute mile. 

They absolutely smashed us.  They barely did did any running, just sprayed the ball around.  It was as you say an eye opener. These top professionals are super human. 

At half time I had a penalty saved by Nigel Spink whilst I was dressed as a laaady. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Used to have a bad reputation, but I think they're genuinely 'ITK' about one or two things now...

So Lange is being very strict on leaks......wonder how holte end Hawkeye got his info then ???

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

So Lange is being very strict on leaks......wonder how holte end Hawkeye got his info then ???

Not sure that's exactly what he meant. Besides you can never fully stop stuff leaking out. Even China struggles with that. 

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Also why would we cancel negotiations because it leaked to the press? That makes no sense.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Also why would we cancel negotiations because it leaked to the press? That makes no sense.

Potential price hikes, not being able to trust the other party, probablly a few other good reasons.

Well the team returns back from Wales today according to the Bristol Post so Imagine things will start speeding up all the more behind the scenes and maye next week we might start getting a few more solid links.

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The only one I can think of that might fit the bill here is Watkins? Seemed to gather pace then fall flat on its arse after the Percy tweet. 

Although I agree. Can’t see us binning negotiations altogether for a number 1 target, whoever it may have been. 

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Because it’s often a sign we are just being used to drive a bidding war. 

Judging by the deals Lange struck at Copenhagen maybe part of his transfer strategy is to keep things silent, so others can’t get involved in bidding wars. Makes sense I guess. 

Although I can’t imagine Smith being impressed to lose out on a target completely because of a leak. It’s part and parcel of the transfer market over here unfortunately. 

Edited by villan-scott

Percy only ever said we were interested in Watkins, I don't think we'd cancel negotiations because of that, we are probably the ones that give Percy his information in the first place for whatever reason, I guess it allows the club to speak through him without having to release statements themselves.

I don't think we'd cancel a deal because of a 'leak' in of itself, but more so if we thought the leak was deliberate to attract offers from other clubs, in other words if we thought we were just being used, and that the player wasn't really that bothered about joining us, or even had no intention of doing so.

Edited by useless
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Because it’s often a sign we are just being used to drive a bidding war. 

Maybe. 

There is no player I've seen us linked to, where I'd think that's what's happening and we stood no chance of getting them. 

If it was a target of smith and lange, I would hope we pursue it as far as possible. 

I don't buy it, like most things put out by ITK

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Maybe. 

There is no player I've seen us linked to, where I'd think that's what's happening and we stood no chance of getting them. 

If it was a target of smith and lange, I would hope we pursue it as far as possible. 

I don't buy it, like most things put out by ITK

Rashica