Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Domagoj Vida is a Croatian footballer who plays as a defender for Turkish club Beşiktaş and the Croatia national team. He is capable of playing in any defensive position but is mostly deployed as a centre-back or right full-back. His father Rudika is a former football player. Was linked last summer, and now Beşiktaş being linked with Trezeguet, maybe we could work out a swap.

• Like 1

If we stay up and both Grealish/Luiz stay I'd suggest we need at least three quality additions to push the starting eleven and one or two to add some depth to the squad. 

Definitely a new striker (Tammy) and two wingers most likely.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, useless said:

Domagoj Vida is a Croatian footballer who plays as a defender for Turkish club Beşiktaş and the Croatia national team. He is capable of playing in any defensive position but is mostly deployed as a centre-back or right full-back. His father Rudika is a former football player. Was linked last summer, and now Beşiktaş being linked with Trezeguet, maybe we could work out a swap.

No, please no. blood and guts defender but lots of mistakes in him

1 hour ago, sne said:

Yeah, rather give Konsa the time to develop and bring in a more solid and experienced CB to partner Mings if we stay up.

Mings, Konsa, Engels and a experienced CB is a solid roster. And then we also have Hause.

Tuanzebe would be a gamble due to the injuries and also make our CB's a bit too green. He'd also likely be expensive.

I'd be happy with Konsa and Mings as our first choice.  Tuanzebe would be good on a loan with the option to buy, that way we could gauge how fit he is before we commit to signing him.  I think there will be loads of loan-to-buys this summer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

I would try and keep Reina. I think him and heaton would be brilliant competing against each other

If Reina is going to be a No. 2 anywhere next season it'll likely be in Italy or Spain.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'd be wary about buying too many players from relegated clubs.

They will bring with them the losing feeling and mentality.

Like getting Southgate and Draper in 1995 ;)

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

1 centre half. 
2 central midfielders.
2 wingers.
1 striker.

Is the absolute bare minimum we need to sign in the Summer (provided Grealish goes). 

The midfielders definitely come after the wingers, striker and a center back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I'd be wary about buying too many players from relegated clubs.

They will bring with them the losing feeling and mentality.

They have odd ones that if fitted into the right team could be better. Its like how people saying Grealish going to a top club he would play better, because he's around world class players, which is what we should be aiming for in long run. If we could pick one world class player up and they took a gamble on us it should be more appealing for others to join us as well.

I do think that Watford and Bournemouth have at least a couple of guys who would be better than what we have up front anyway.

Watford, I'd pick Deeney up, Decoure, Pereyra..

I do like Billing, Mings Twin here would be ace and who's the youngster that's tall and has same hair cut like Mings and Billing, he's a decent player as well. I thought to myself if men could have a kid, you would have you very own version of twins film (Arnie+Devito) going off with Mings and Billing and this youth lol.

Edited by Dave-R

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

1 billion dollars 

Wonder what the ramifications of spending 1 billion would be, total loss of all points we obtain next season.