Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

34 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I agree with you but look at Liverpool after losing Coutinho to Barca. They have become so much better. There is hope. But we need to be in the premiership and we need to reinvest well! 

Exactly this. Sold Coutinho and bought Allison and VanDijk. Great business that made them title winners. If Grealish is to leave then we have to maximise the fee and then use it well for recruitment. It’s impossible to replace players like Grealish, don’t even try, and so you alter the way you’ve been playing and buy 2 or 3 good players to fit in. No good reason why we can’t improve as a team should Grealish move on. We evolve. There’s always a new hero. Yorkie left, Dion and Merson arrived. The king is dead, long live the new king! Embrace the future opportunities.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

I think he’d bring good experience, as long as it’s not a massive contract. Most would have said the same about Danny Ings.

INgs is 28, Lallana is 32. I be shocked if Lallana plays another 50 career games.

He hasnt played 30 games in a season since 2017

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I think he’d bring good experience, as long as it’s not a massive contract. Most would have said the same about Danny Ings.

I’d much rather Chris Smalling on a free than Lallana. Brings as much, if not more, experience than Lallana and doesnt require a team of medics around him. Lallana also doesn’t strike me as much of a leader, not particularly vocal. It’s a No from me on Lallana. 

• Like 2

Let’s say Chelsea do sign Benrahma and we stay up, what about Hudson-Odoi on loan for a season? 

A player with massive potential, but needs games and appears to be getting frustrated at Chelsea.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

People said the same about Cahill and Welbeck too. Some work out, some don’t. The truth is you never know how these players will turn out. Past their prime, injury ridden careers, want big money. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I’d much rather Chris Smalling on a free than Lallana. Brings as much, if not more, experience than Lallana and doesnt require a team of medics around him. Lallana also doesn’t strike me as much of a leader, not particularly vocal. It’s a No from me on Lallana. 

That’s not a bad shout, depending on the money Smalling would want. Although, I imagine a lot of people will say no to Smalling, even though he’s more than good enough for our level.

36 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

If Grealish was to go and we stay up, sign the following with the money:

Grant, Swift, Eze, Cantwell, Sibley

Probably best part of £60-70m right there, but would be money well spent. 

So basically sign the FIFA Ultimate Team lower league Team of the Year players.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Gerard Deulofeu - Could come at a bargain if we stay up and it's Watford going down.

This.

@Villan4Life will know how much I have been banging on about this lad for the last couple of years.

If we better Watford's result at West Ham and survive, I would be on the phone to Watford at full time asking what's the asking price...

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

So basically sign the FIFA Ultimate Team lower league Team of the Year players.

Yeah, but players with big potential to improve and increase in value.  We’re not a club yet that can sign elite players.  Just not going to happen I’m afraid. 

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Why are people mentioning so many PL players who just got relegated? Cantwell - daft hair and probably 3 good games all season. Did I mention his daft hair? Billings is another who played OK against us and now people seem to think he's Viera. He's a below average player. At VP I seem to remember Howe had to bring him off because he was a gnats hair away from a 2nd yellow.

I'm always against getting relegated players. Let's sign some winners.

Nothing wrong with looking at the best players from a relegated team.

Didn't Robertson from liverpool come from a relegated Hull?

Thats also like saying other teams shouldn't consider grealish because he was possibly in a relegated side. (Hope not)

Plenty of good players at relegation teams usually, I mean look at us when we went down.......traore, gana, veretout, amavi, even players like Westwood.....

If we went down this season (please no....), grealish, konsa, mings, Luiz, mcginn, heaton.......all premiership quality imo.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Smalling has been really good at Roma and they would probably want to make it a permanent signing

^Came here to say that, he'll be staying at Roma and reportedly to the tune of about ~£20m, so even if that deal breaks down and we did want him, it wouldn't be free/cheap.

10 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Someone with the experience and quality of Moutinho would be ideal

£5m Wolves for him for :lol: That is cheating.

We need to find a top agent who will start collecting all his players at Villa.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I'd love some of what you're smoking :D

Do some people not read the entire post? As in every sentence? I don't smoke or drink or take drugs. We keep hearing our owners want to spend. 3 of the signings in my post are free. 

The point of my post is that man city became what they are now because of signing Robinho. If they seriously want to challenge the top 6 we're going to need a similar level of signing to open the floodgates so to speak.

Also Dean Smith's profile last season held us back in the transfer market. No such problems this time around. We keep hearing we have amongst the richest owners. Last season we spent so much on padding out the squad. Now we don't need to do that we can make a marquee signing or 2. 

There's also some very good players available on a free. We can sign 5/6 players of real high quality for a little bit more than last season's spend.

P.S players love money and potential to grow.

• Like 1

How much for neres? Our weakest position is arguably rw as all our wingers are out of position when they play there except for Jota. He would be a statement buy as he is a top international prospect but it does look like anyone is after him this season. He could link up very well with Luiz and Wesley and if we go for geudes on the other flank we would finally have 2 top quality fast young prospects. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

That’s not a bad shout, depending on the money Smalling would want. Although, I imagine a lot of people will say no to Smalling, even though he’s more than good enough for our level.

I'd like Smalling in our squad. It's an incremental increase in the quality of our squad. Biggest mistake we've made in last ten seasons is not going for Darren Fletcher and Jonny Evans total cost £3m. If we signed those two in that summer of 2015 we would have stayed up.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Id have Deulofeu, Josh King and and Doucoure if they all go down

Injuries to delefou and josh king are the reason the other 2 are where they are right now would be great signings.