Relegation thread

Knutserov13

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. I don’t think we’ll win another game. If we get to 30 points I’ll be surprised. We’re absolutely dreadful. 

28 maybe, 29 if we're really lucky and others can't give a toss.

4 minutes ago, imavillan said:

if we are relegated it won't be because of a Danny Welbeck goal

Exactly. Or cursing a team on the last day of the season when they don't do us a favour. Bet by Bournemouth twice. Flogged by Watford away. Drab draw with West ham at home. That's your relegation for ya.

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think we are in for a beating.

Watching Man Utd play against Bournemouth scared me.

Greenwood, Pogba, Bruno Fernandes, Rashford, Martial. The amount of firepower they got is pathetic. The game won't be fun.

You always think we are in for a beating, starting with Sheff Utd!

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Truly loving these ridiculous posts, that continue to criticise people for having a different opinion, then as the cherry on top using the ole trenches and war cliche. If we were at war in the trenches, I wouldn't want most of this Villa squad anywhere near me.....

To be fair if we were at war I would have already pulled the old "ouch, my bone spurs" and be sat at home with a nice cup of PG Tips.

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whoever signed the players is at fault. We had a catastrophic Summer transfer window. 

Whoever chose the managers and the one who then went on to sign these players is at fault. Together with all beforementioned.

Just now, AVTuco said:

Whoever chose the managers and the one who then went on to sign these players is at fault. Together with all beforementioned.

the manager who got us promoted? yep whoever chose him that was a dud

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

I hope we beat Man Ure just so that I can watch these miserable types change their tune in the hope nobody notices their u-turns !  

We were only ever going to avoid the drop by winning games so tonight was irrelevant. It was and still is entirely down to us to win three out of the last five games. If we do that, we are safe and if we don't, we go down and deservedly so.

I'm not ready to give up on this yet ! #UTV #VTID

well not really, all watford need to do now is match our results.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You always think we are in for a beating, starting with Sheff Utd!

Sorry mate, but you always think we can nick a result. Something we haven't done since beating Watford in January (league form)

I realise it’s a season of ifs and buts. Had we done this, had we done that etc.

For me, having watched nearly every game this season, the biggest moment of the season was our loss at Arsenal. Plenty will disagree, but I remember watching that match and thinking this team has a bit of fight and a bit of identity. McGinn looked lively, Grealish had that quality we’ve become used to seeing, the Mingels partnership looked fantastic and even Wesley looked like he had something about him. 

Had we won that, I think we’d have grew in confidence and managed to secure a few more points as a result. 

Anyone who knows me will know I think our team is rubbish. I think our signings were rubbish and i think we got it horribly wrong in the summer. But even confident (rubbish) players can pull off enough results if the team spirit is there and they believe in themselves.

From that moment on, confidence just drained and drained and drained up until now where we’re left with a very poor football team with absolutely no confidence that they can win a game. This team is beaten before it even kicks a ball now.

Shame. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, imavillan said:

lets run away now then and raise the white flag and not bother playing out the season

We’ve managed 0.81 points per game all season we probably need 7 points from 5 games if not more. Not happening.