Relegation thread

Knutserov13

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I wonder if this result will effect the players mentally. They now know they will have to win 2 games just to get out of the bottom 3.

Will be interesting to see how we perform on Thursday.

Really? We'll come out flat like we always do, maybe have some of the ball in the first half. At half speed, United will control our petty chances and score a couple.

6 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

I hope we beat Man Ure just so that I can watch these miserable types change their tune in the hope nobody notices their u-turns !  

We were only ever going to avoid the drop by winning games so tonight was irrelevant. It was and still is entirely down to us to win three out of the last five games. If we do that, we are safe and if we don't, we go down and deservedly so.

I'm not ready to give up on this yet ! #UTV #VTID

It isn't now. West Ham and Watford in charge of their own destiny now. We aren't.

11 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I'm usually optimistic but I think we just got relegated by a Danny Welbeck overhead kick....

if we are relegated it won't be because of a Danny Welbeck goal

We were down at Christmas when they bottled pulling the trigger on Smith because he’s a “fan”and the vast majority of lemmings in our fan base continue to accept mediocrity at board level.

no Villa manager should keep their job turning in results like Smith has over the winter months. Fans are complicit for not forcing the boards hand to roll the dice. He’s crap, Mings is off to Arsenal if they pay, Jack to a United is done and who knows for McGinn but at least “Deano” is one of our own. Shambles so frustrated with this club it’s 2 decades of utter shite and timid thinking at board level. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

We’re counting one beating Palace anyway which ain’t going to happen.  They’ve got twice the team we have and they just give Chelsea a hell of a game.

Agreed. I don’t think we’ll win another game. If we get to 30 points I’ll be surprised. We’re absolutely dreadful. 

Just now, imavillan said:

no it's not

Sure.

Our form is woeful and couldn’t beat our way out of a paper bag. 2 points in the last 27 with plenty of tough games to come.

No way we over turn around a 4 point deficit. It would take a monumental shift in form, something we haven’t been able to do all season and all of a sudden we will produce the goods now? Not on your nelly. 

• Haha 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

Really? We'll come out flat like we always do, maybe have some of the ball in the first half. At half speed, United will control our petty chances and score a couple.

I think we are in for a beating.

Watching Man Utd play against Bournemouth scared me.

Greenwood, Pogba, Bruno Fernandes, Rashford, Martial. The amount of firepower they got is pathetic. The game won't be fun.

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

We were down at Christmas when they bottled pulling the trigger on Smith because he’s a “fan”and the vast majority of lemmings in our fan base continue to accept mediocrity at board level.

no Villa manager should keep their job turning in results like Smith has over the winter months. Fans are complicit for not forcing the boards hand to roll the dice. He’s crap, Mings is off to Arsenal if they pay, Jack to a United is done and who knows for McGinn but at least “Deano” is one of our own. Shambles so frustrated with this club it’s 2 decades of utter shite and timid thinking at board level. 

Whoever signed the players is at fault. We had a catastrophic Summer transfer window. 

• Thanks 1

If people are saying that we can't get a result against Man Utd, or beat Palace, then it's pointless having a meltdown because Watford have won today or hoping that they would lose in the first place, because even if they'd have lost, we still would have had to start winning games our own games, so in that sense nothing has changed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Correct, stop feeling hard done by because Watford beat bottom of the league. It's time to rely on ourselves and win some games. 

We cannot. Therein lies the problem. Our only hope was for someone to be even worse.

Just now, jim said:

Sure.

Our form is woeful and couldn’t beat our way out of a paper bag. 2 points in the last 27 with plenty of tough games to come.

No way we over turn around a 4 point deficit. It would take a monumental shift in form, something we haven’t been able to do all season and all of a sudden we will produce the goods now? Not on your nelly. 

lets run away now then and raise the white flag and not bother playing out the season

5 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I keep forgetting Norwich went up as the Champions and Shef Utd came second but the blades have had by far the better season.  I don't think Norwich had to do such a major rebuild as us either. However last year I was never that impressed, they just went on a really good run from about November/December time onwards with Pukki scoring for fun. You kind of forget how big the drop off in quality the championship is to the prem.

Well i mean hindsight is great, don't recall you saying in August you weren't impressed by them. Let's give them their fair dues. They were the best team in the championship last season and. They'll be up there again. Probably lose Cantwell, Aarons and Lewis but they recruit clever for that level. Won't be a million miles away next season.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think if Newcastle can turn them over it's all to play for. We have 2 great opportunities in Palace and Everton to get points (so 1 more than them if they lose 2 Newcastle). We both play Arsenal, which can go either way, and depending on things go West Ham could be a great opportunity for us as well. All's not lost. Watford are just as bad as us. 

After watching this team, especially after the restart, unfortunately all's lost.

4 minutes ago, imavillan said:

well thats it then, lets throw the towel in and pack up now.

Cancel your Sky sports, NBC sports, ABC sports or whatever channel you watch Villa on and wait until the championship starts...

ffs, we are still in with a shout.....the last umpteen posts say we are already down. Until it is mathmatecally confirmed we still have a chance.

yes, Watford won, but on that performance against Norwich i would not bet on them getting another win. Maybe a draw or two.

We still have a chance and we have to believe we have a chance.....yes, it's going to be hard and it is more than likely we will drop.....but but keep the faith

If we were in the trenches in the war and were going over the top and i looked behind me most of you lot would be running the other way !!!!!

Truly loving these ridiculous posts, that continue to criticise people for having a different opinion, then as the cherry on top using the ole trenches and war cliche. If we were at war in the trenches, I wouldn't want most of this Villa squad anywhere near me.....

• Like 1