Relegation thread

Knutserov13

13 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Or you know, we could just use. Points? I hear that statistic is really good at deciding who is going to get relegated or not.

You're just talking crazy talk now. I can't see that catching on !!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, useless said:

On their day Arsenal are capable of beating anyone and they were always going to be favortes against us however well they played aganist Wolves today. One glimmer of hope is that just as much as they're capable of beating anyone they're also capable of losing to anyone. We'll be doing well to be still in with a chance of surviving by the time we play them.

They have a suspect defence and can be beaten on the counter. Their D have mistakes in them !

Watford look so bad but unfortunately they have a guaranteed 3 points vs Norwich in midweek while we have to deal with United. I'll be very very surprised if we aren't 4 points behind by next weekend. 

We really need to avoid being hammered in the next two. Looking like Watford could end up having an inferior GD to us given they still have Man City and Arsenal away left. Hopefully West Ham will beat them aswell.

4 points from Norwich-Newcastle would put them on 32 points. If we can't even must that to stay up as the lowest 17th points tally we obviously don't deserve to stay up.

8 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Watford look so bad but unfortunately they have a guaranteed 3 points vs Norwich in midweek while we have to deal with United. I'll be very very surprised if we aren't 4 points behind by next weekend. 

If we are 4 pts behind it's over 

Over the games coming up we need one of three unlikey results to happen, either us getting points against Liverpool or Man Utd, or Norwich getting a result against Watford. All three going our way would be nice of course. West Ham aren't out of it yet though, they're only three points ahead of us and we have to play them.

Results just keep going our way. It's a miracle really that no shithouse around us has found a couple of wins from somewhere.

The biggest issue though and why I think we're doomed is that I just cant see where the **** WE'RE going to pluck a win from. As above said, come the weekend we're likely going to be 4 points adrift. I can't see anything but two drubbings for us.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

If Watford win tonight then I think we are toast. Brighton for me are now safe. Potter has done a good job as I really fancied them going down this year.

I think Brighton are safe but has he really done such a great job. They havent really done so much better than Hughton

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Brighton are safe but has he really done such a great job. They havent really done so much better than Hughton

They've looked 10x better which I'd want as a fan.

40 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The likelihood is that we’ll essentially be 5pts behind by next weekend, goal difference will be worth a point to Watford. However, it’s not a forgone conclusion that Watford will beat Norwich. And not a foregone conclusion that we’re doomed if that scenario comes to fruition by next weekend. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, useless said:

Over the games coming up we need one of three unlikey results to happen, either us getting points against Liverpool or Man Utd, or Norwich getting a result against Watford. All three going our way would be nice of course. West Ham aren't out of it yet though, they're only three points ahead of us and we have to play them.

Watford 1-0 Norwich

Watford 1-1 Newcastle

West Ham 2-0 Watford

Watford 0-3 Man. City

Arsenal 3-1 Watford

Pts 32. GD -29.

Liverpool 3-1 Villa

Villa 1 Man. United 4

Villa 2-1 Palace

Everton 2-1 Villa

Villa 1-1 Arsenal

West Ham 1-1 Villa

Pts 32. GD -29.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we'd stay up on goals scored if it played out like that.

• Like 2

Looking at each one of those results in isolation they're possible, but if Watford do go four points ahead of us before next weekend that could have a massive detrimental affect on us pyschologically. Would have been much better for us if weren't playing Liverpool and Man Utd one after the other, as it gives both West Ham and Watford a chance to build up a lead on us and gain a pyschological advantage, whereas if we had an easier game in between that would be less likely to happen and we wouldn't be playing catch up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

None of the bottom 4 want to stay up.

I am starting to think 30 pts will be enough to stay up... As pathetic as it sounds.  

33 I think. We need a win AND to beat West Ham on the last day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They were on the slide for a lot of last season. He had to come in and arrest that, along with playing a more expansive game, in his first season in the Premier League.  It could have ended  horribly.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Watford 1-0 Norwich

Watford 1-1 Newcastle

West Ham 2-0 Watford

Watford 0-3 Man. City

Arsenal 3-1 Watford

Pts 32. GD -29.

Liverpool 3-1 Villa

Villa 1 Man. United 4

Villa 2-1 Palace

Everton 2-1 Villa

Villa 1-1 Arsenal

West Ham 1-1 Villa

Pts 32. GD -29.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we'd stay up on goals scored if it played out like that.

No way we are scoring in every game we have left.