Relegation thread

Knutserov13

37 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If we hadn't had season-ending injuries to Wesley and Heaton, do you think we'd in a better or worse position than we are now?

I wasn't a huge fan of wesley but absolutely no doubt we'd have been better with him. 

Heaton also. 

I think injuries we've had gets forgotten sometimes. Yes all teams suffer with injuries but I'd say our back up players are significantly worse than our rivals. 

38 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If we hadn't had season-ending injuries to Wesley and Heaton, do you think we'd in a better or worse position than we are now?

Better

Heaton better quality, Wesley the quality is hard to argue but with samattas form and fitness it would be good to have another option 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Wouldn't have wasted a loan on reina so probably much better 

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

How does that all reconcile with your thoughts on Smith/Suso etc.? 

Wesley has been among our best players. We have won 6 with him and 1 without him. We were 7th in goals scored now we are 11th. And Jack hit is run of form after wesley was injured. 

I personally think suso gets a bad rap because people are looking for reasons not to blame Smith. 2 of susos players have flopped a bit nakamba and Trez and we didn't by trez for footballing reasons anyway. Smith is the one who signed our defenders, Targett, mings, Konsa, Hause and engels all Smith's signings and it has resulted in the worst defence in the league. Not really suso's fault. 

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Wesley has been among our best players. We have won 6 with him and 1 without him. We were 7th in goals scored now we are 11th. And Jack hit is run of form after wesley was injured. 

I personally think suso gets a bad rap because people are looking for reasons not to blame Smith. 2 of susos players have flopped a bit nakamba and Trez and we didn't by trez for footballing reasons anyway. Smith is the one who signed our defenders, Targett, mings, Konsa, Hause and engels all Smith's signings and it has resulted in the worst defence in the league. Not really suso's fault. 

I think Nakamba has been a good signing. Smith just plays rotates him and Hourihane in the complete wrong games.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I think Nakamba has been a good signing. Smith just plays rotates him and Hourihane in the complete wrong games.

I like nakamba but he is too one footed like hourihane. How we haven't worked with them on that is beyond me. They should be able to complete basic passes with their weak foot but he can't make passes I would be able to with my weak foot which is a bit of a disgrace. 

On 30/06/2020 at 01:25, The Fun Factory said:

If you want to look at past seasons we did beat Arsenal and Liverpool in our last 2 games of the 10/11 season. However that was a much better Villa side and a lot worse Liverpool team. Believe or not  Dalglish was the manager back then.

dat backheel still makes me smile :)

I never dreamt we would be even worse in 2020 than the dross team and manager in 2012/13 but here we are :(