Jump to content

Relegation thread


Knutserov13
 Share

Recommended Posts

What makes us the favorites to do down is that we have hardest fixtures left to play and worst record in those in harder fixtures. Although as long as it's still mathematically possible to stay up you have to hope. Trouble is the only thing giving us hope at the moment is results of other teams, but that won't be any good to us unless we can start winning games, which is why we're still in the bottom three now despite the bad form of the others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I always think there should be a rule that anyone who dosen't get 38 points in a season goes down, even if that's 5-6 teams like this season.

Anyone getting less than a point a game in a league is really poor.

Yeah, this makes relegation easier to take for me as well. I hope we stay up but even if we do it’ll be on 34-35 points and you don’t DESERVE to stay up for that...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have done a predictor being fairly negative with our scores, fairly optimistic with our oppositions and have it looking like this on the last day:

16 Watford FC Watford FC 37 7 12 18 33:54 -21 33
17 West Ham United West Ham United 37 8 8 21 38:60 -22 32
18 AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth 37 7 10 20 33:57 -24 31
19 Aston Villa Aston Villa 37 8 7 22 38:64 -26 31
20 Norwich City Norwich City 37 5 6 26 25:63 -38 21

 

Brighton a few points out of danger zone. 

Would mean us needing to beat West ham and then Arsenal or Everton to do us a favour against Watford or Bournemouth respectively.

Don't think my heart could take it, but if that were offered to me now I'd probably take it.

 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Yeah, this makes relegation easier to take for me as well. I hope we stay up but even if we do it’ll be on 34-35 points and you don’t DESERVE to stay up for that...

Would make the scale of task even harder for next season aswell. Trying to improve with even 10 points and getting over 40 points without say Grealish. Especially as some decent footballing teams would be coming up like Leeds and Brentford.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd love a game v Norwich currently. We've done the double over them which will likely be the only team we've beat home and away this season unless we get a shock win at Goodison.

West Ham and Watford will both be gambling that's a game they win in the run in. Watford win and we need minimum of five points to finish above them (that's if they lose all their other games which is pretty unlikely).

Watford West Ham also facing each other in run in. Could work both ways. We're a point off them when they play, they draw, we beat Everton on that weekend and go ahead of both with two games to play. Or we're miles behind them, lose to Everton and know at least one of them will be picking up more points to move further ahead.

It's the scale of the task really. Given we've had 3 home games since restart and also our easiest away game on paper we really need to be out of the bottom 3 by now. Really don't see a way out now but football is full of surprise result and we are well overdue one against a top team in this league. Perhaps we're waiting for Arsenal when we're all but down to finally get the three points.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I'd love a game v Norwich currently. We've done the double over them which will likely be the only team we've beat home and away this season unless we get a shock win at Goodison.

West Ham and Watford will both be gambling that's a game they win in the run in. Watford win and we need minimum of five points to finish above them (that's if they lose all their other games which is pretty unlikely).

Watford West Ham also facing each other in run in. Could work both ways. We're a point off them when they play, they draw, we beat Everton on that weekend and go ahead of both with two games to play. Or we're miles behind them, lose to Everton and know at least one of them will be picking up more points to move further ahead.

It's the scale of the task really. Given we've had 3 home games since restart and also our easiest away game on paper we really need to be out of the bottom 3 by now. Really don't see a way out now but football is full of surprise result and we are well overdue one against a top team in this league. Perhaps we're waiting for Arsenal when we're all but down to finally get the three points.

Norwich weren't easy against Man Utd when I saw them. They could stop Watford or West Ham. Although it's likely a game that West Ham and Watford could get 3 points from.

Remember we were much worse than Norwich and drew with Newcastle to send them down with us.

We'll have a much clearer picture going into Liverpool game. The likely results are until:

Chelsea Vs West Ham, Chelsea win

Watford Vs Chelsea, Chelsea

Manchester United Vs Bournemouth, Manchester United win.

Ofcourse, we can't take all of that as a fact. But that are the likely results. The more tricky ones are Steve Bruce games. We need them to do what Crystal Palace done to our rivals.

Bournemouth Vs Newcastle

Newcastle Vs Southampton

We could be far adrift by then, but we could equally be out of the bottom 3 without playing if Bournemouth and West Ham lost the next two and Chelsea done us a favor by winning with few goals.

We can still give Man Utd a game too. I know they're in huge form, but still, anything could happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because I can't attend any of the games I feel an almost total dislocation and detachment about our predicament. Not caring is probably even worse than feeling upset about the fact that we are going to get relegated. 2016 I was crushed, now I am used to Villa being useless in the top flight. 10 wins in our last 70 games in the PL. 

I have basically switched off and I may or may not be bothered next season in the championship depending if we are allowed back into Villa Park.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The bottom five’s combined Premier League record since the restart:

Played 13
Won 0
Drew 3
Lost 10
Scored 4
Conceded 20

 

Is there a argument to be made that we are in-fact the inform team out of the bunch? (2 Draws and 2 goals?)

 

 

Edited by carewjust4u
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

The bottom five’s combined Premier League record since the restart:

Played 13
Won 0
Drew 3
Lost 10
Scored 4
Conceded 20

 

Is there a argument to be made that we are in-fact the inform team out of the bunch? (2 Draws and 2 goals?)

 

 

Maybe, we have played one more game than Brighton, West Ham, Bournemouth and Norwich has. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Lots of stats here, has anyone noticed this stat: goals for and against.

Watford                49   20

West Ham           54   10

Bournemouth      50 21

Villa                     60     24

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

It’s not as simple as that. It’s about form. People are saying we’re bad which I won’t disagree with. But what about the mighty Watford and others?

We don’t score? Other teams aren’t.

We’re not winning? Other teams are losing.

We’re not showing fight? Other teams are not even trying.

We are having a harder fixtures? Watford are losing to most of the easier teams. Other teams aren’t much better.
 

Am I worried? Yes I do, any team could pick sort of fom, including us.

The point is we’re still a Premier League team. Why shall we surrender?

 

 

Let’s see where we are after the next two games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been on and off with the predictor thingy for us and our relegation rivals since Spurs at home and I have had more results wrong than right. Which either means I am s*** at predicting or football is too unpredictable to predict. I'm going with the latter 😉 

That said, I think we're going to need between 36-38 points to have a decent chance of survival - We have been quite fortunate so far that the other teams have been equally as bad as us.

The only way I see us not falling down a division is if we somehow manage to win against Palace, Everton AND Arsenal and maybe a draw at the Olympic stadium in the final game of the season.   

On current form that looks pretty much impossible but Palace and Everton might be on the beach and Arsenal might have a weakened side due to the FA Cup semi final - And yes, I'm clutching at straws :) .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Same as now with a much worse goal difference 😬

I don’t think every team around us are going to keep losing. Watford have a home game against Norwich, West Ham play Burnley and Newcastle before we play Man U 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don’t think every team around us are going to keep losing. Watford have a home game against Norwich, West Ham play Burnley and Newcastle before we play Man U 

Nor do I mate but trying so hard to put some positives in there

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Nor do I mate but trying so hard to put some positives in there

Yes I was still positive before the wolves game. Guess when you give up all hope the unexpected can happen. Maybe Liverpool will be struck down by COVID-19 and we get to play the youth team 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • limpid locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â