Relegation thread

Knutserov13

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Watford losing 0-1 to Soton. Le Tissier with the goal.

Watford look ready to self implode with three of their players having a party last week and consequently getting dropped this week.

Fingers crossed this means our survival challenge isn't insurmountable

Just now, MrBlack said:

Watford look ready to self implode with three of their players having a party last week and consequently getting dropped this week.

Fingers crossed this means our survival challenge isn't insurmountable

We would have to win a game between now and the end of the season to stand a chance.

We wont.

• Sad 1

On 27/06/2020 at 18:38, abdulaziz1 said:

We can’t conclude with that. How long did Watford wait for their first win? Hows their whole season form apart from the 6-8 mini run?

I’d be more satisfied if Watford failed to beat Southampton tomorrow. Let’s wait and see.

We need to atleast be in touch after our next two. I’d be over moon if we beat Liverpool but in reality not harming our goal differnce in these 3 games with our rivals not gaining points is the most important part.

Everyone saw how Watford appeared. We’re better than the other 3 since the restart. It’s that we’re afraid they pickup some form soon. 
Now I’m more relaxed. There is a chance that we will sill be the same going into Liverpool game. 

Still a lot to go. It’s a relegation battle, we might not benefit directly  the same week, but at the end of season it’s different.

That’s what I kept saying, we played much better than other relegation teams. Chelsea and Wolves combined haven’t done usbwhat Saints done to Watford.

People kept saying Watford will stay because of their win against Liverpool, I agree they have the most desire and fight and character. But apart from their mini-run last December their form is much worse than us.

What I fear is some of them start getting form. Otherwise we’re slightly better so far:

Well that Saints win at Watford today was as welcome as the Burnley win against them last week......but! We need about another 9 of those type of "winnable" games to go in our favour to have a good chance.  Watford i believe still have Norwich, Newcastle & West Ham whilst West Ham Have Watford, Norwich & another couple of winnable games then of course the easiest of the lot against us on the last day.

The biggy is Bournemouth v Newcastle this week. We so need the hosts to lose that as the rest of their games are on paper tougher, so would damage their confidence i reckon if they lost against at home v Brucie's lot.

Was thinking the other day would we actually benefit if West Ham pulled clear and beat Norwich & Watford on the way? Then had no major need to beat us on the last day?

• Like 1

By the time we've played Liverpool and Man Utd,

West Ham will have played Chelsea, Newcastle, and Burnley,

Watford will have played, Chelsea, and Norwich,

Bournemouth play Newcastle, Man Utd, and Spurs,

and Brighton Man Utd, Norwich, and Liverpool.

If we're still with in touching distance after those games with everyone having four games left to play then I think we might have a chance, especially if we can at least put in fighing performances in our next two to bring some confidence back. You'd think that Watford will at least beat Norwich though, that will put them four points ahead of us, and West Ham could get three or four points from Newcastle and Burnley, they might even beat Chelsea with it being a derby.

We really could do with getting a surprise win from the Man Utd game, a result like that from nowhere would really give us a fighting chance, other teams have been getting such results surely we must be due one.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

The bottom five all fully deserve to be relegated don’t they

I always think there should be a rule that anyone who dosen't get 38 points in a season goes down, even if that's 5-6 teams like this season.

Anyone getting less than a point a game in a league is really poor.

37 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

That’s what I kept saying, we played much better than other relegation teams. Chelsea and Wolves combined haven’t done usbwhat Saints done to Watford.

People kept saying Watford will stay because of their win against Liverpool, I agree they have the most desire and fight and character. But apart from their mini-run last December their form is much worse than us.

What I fear is some of them start getting form. Otherwise we’re slightly better so far:

Southampton did to Watford exactly what they did to us at VP.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Well that Saints win at Watford today was as welcome as the Burnley win against them last week......but! We need about another 9 of those type of "winnable" games to go in our favour to have a good chance.  Watford i believe still have Norwich, Newcastle & West Ham whilst West Ham Have Watford, Norwich & another couple of winnable games then of course the easiest of the lot against us on the last day.

The biggy is Bournemouth v Newcastle this week. We so need the hosts to lose that as the rest of their games are on paper tougher, so would damage their confidence i reckon if they lost against at home v Brucie's lot.

Was thinking the other day would we actually benefit if West Ham pulled clear and beat Norwich & Watford on the way? Then had no major need to beat us on the last day?

I think even a Bournemouth v Newcastle draw would be a positive result. It's Bournemouth's easiest game left. 

I had not thought that about West ham, but it sure makes sense I guess. We only play west ham out of our rivals, so at least we won't be giving anyone else any points I suppose.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Southampton did to Watford exactly what they did to us at VP.

But we went to Burnley and won whereas they lost there. It's easy to compare games like for like but it doesn't mean much. We aren't all going to get our points from the same place. I think the point originally was that the other teams actually look worse than we do at the beginning of this sham restart.

The stats for the bottom 5 are mightily impressive

Played 13

Won 0

Drawn 3

Scored 4

Conceded 20

When you think we've scored 2 of the goals and got 2 of the draws and we've been absolutely **** awful... 

West ham have us and Watford to play so it can't stay like this but we've as good a chance as anyone 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We’ve lost to the 2 most inform teams in the league in Wolves and Chelsea. Palace and united are both in good form too. The form of the teams in our remaining fixtures is what is going to cost us. 

I’m just hoping Liverpool field a weak team to give us a slight chance. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Played 13

Won 0

Drawn 3

Scored 4

Conceded 20

When you think we've scored 2 of the goals and got 2 of the draws and we've been absolutely **** awful... 

West ham have us and Watford to play so it can't stay like this but we've as good a chance as anyone 

Its coming down to us v west ham on the last day isnt it :(

Palace (h) and Everton (a) are the 2 key games. We lose both of them and we're probably down before we play at West Ham on the lady day

Liverpool (a) - L

Man Utd (h) - L

Palace (h) - W (it is a MUST WIN GAME)

Everton (a) - D

Arsenal (h) - L

Wet Spam (a) - no idea! May be a another must win game

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Played 13

Won 0

Drawn 3

Scored 4

Conceded 20

Its why we are still right in the fight to survive. 

People are quick to dismiss smith and want rid but with IMO a weaker squad he is slowly closing the gap. 

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Played 13

Won 0

Drawn 3

Scored 4

Conceded 20

I agree.