Relegation thread

Knutserov13

36 minutes ago, hippo said:

I really would put 80% of the focus in getting a top notch manager.  The players will then follow. 

Having a good squad coached by Joe Average hasn't worked.

Exactly Bielsa has done wonders with an average team, Leeds would hammer our current squad 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There is Zero best case scenario where we get relegated.

Although, according to @DCJonah 17th is our League title, so we are currently 3rd in the League.👀

Not too shabby.

Imo we are relegated - albeit not mathematicly.

Best case scenario is looking to be the best in the championship next season

• Like 1

We should have decent enough players already at the club and enough money to spend that it shouldn't worry us who gets promoted from the championship. As for those coming down, would probably be best for us if it was Bournemouth rather than Watford or West Ham, I think Watford would retain a lot of decent players would buy more and Pearson has performd well in the championship before, and if West Ham go down I can see them really going for it in order to come straight back up.

5 hours ago, sne said:

Yeah I absolutely want us to stay up. But this season is a joke. A charade of football.

This. Obviously I'm being a bit of a sore loser, but us being shit is not the only reason I don't want to watch a minute of it. I can't think of anything worse than watching a game in which I really care about the result, being played in silence. This just isn't what football should be.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This. Obviously I'm being a bit of a sore loser, but us being shit is not the only reason I don't want to watch a minute of it. I can't think of anything worse than watching a game in which I really care about the result, being played in silence. This just isn't what football should be.

Can certainly understand this viewpoint. No guarentee next season will start with crowds and certainly not capacity crowds for a long while. I presume championship will start much eariler than premier league aswell (mid August?)

I presume our season ticket waiting list will come right down. With cash worries and everything and also novelty of championship football wearing off we'll struggle to get 40k crowds unless we're leading the division from early on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mantis said:

Like with other games, my fear isn't so much that the other teams will be too good, but that we simply aren't up for it.

Man. United started Dalot, Lingard and Bailly. It felt like November again when Man. United were rubbish and drawing with us. I highly doubt OGS would start any of those v us although perhaps he could still rest a few given how bad we are.

We know what internet / match coverage is like in the Championship and we know our club is unable to implement a  competent match video service. So I guess its a season without much football for a lot of us. 

Its a real shame because apparently the club & the EFL dont want our money.  I still have no idea why.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

If we go down I'm not sure we'll be in a position to be signing West Ham's players unless they're players that they don't want, in which case you'd have to ask why they don't want them.Also wouldn't really want Snodgrass he'll be 33 in a couple of months we don't want to find ourselves in another situation where when we come back up we have to replace half of the team because they're either too old or not good enough.

• Like 1

I think if we go down we’ll only lose Grealish, Luiz and according to his agent Trezeguet (lolz).

I think McGinn’s stock has dropped significantly and who’s going to pay £26m for Mings?

We’ll lose half a dozen players at least. 

McGinn, Jack, Mings, Hassan, El Ghazi, Luiz are certainties. 

Another rebuilding job required, at least some will have another excuse to trot out.

1 hour ago, jim said:

Another rebuilding job required, at least some will have another excuse to trot out.

It will be like last time , we will have a bunch of players who want out , who we will be stuck with waiting for bids whilst we ourselves want to bring players in.It's the issue that effects every team going down which is why so many end up struggling to stay up let alone push to get back up.

We will again need to build a side to go up knowing some of them won't be good enough in PL and need another rebuild , unless we can pull off what Wolves did with a super agent...

1 hour ago, jim said:

If we go down and lose all of those we're f**ked. There is no way we'll have the ability to attract decent alternatives for all them,  no matter how much money we have to spend. Maybe enough to encourage the better players in the championship to join us, but that just means a further rebuilding job down the line.  We have to keep McGinn, ideally Luiz as well and El Ghazi has shown he has more than enough quality for the Championship.

We'd get a lot of money for Mings and Grealish, but investing it without holding on to those other players that we won't get much for (that are worth more to us than the value they'd bring in) would cripple us. 

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

Personally I'm fascinated to see what Wesley will do in the championship.

He won't be fit for start of the season. As we've seen with McGinn not looking great it will take him a long while to get up to speed even a level below. Probably good example is Kodjia ripping it up in second half of 16/17 season then he did his ankle twice and was never the same threat afterwards so we had to get Tammy in.

Rather ease him back in gradually (which we should've done this season) and get another frontline striker in.

Edited by VillaChris