Relegation thread

Knutserov13

35 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Don’t they need to better us by 2 goals? This is all so bloody confusing. I might just wait and then look at the league table at 6pm. Hopefully it will be clear by then!

They do because of less goals scored 

1 hour ago, Hobbit Feet said:

He definitely will be I put him as my dream team captain this week! But seriously hasn’t he got a chance of getting the golden boot? So I think he will play and score a couple hopefully. Arteta also spoke midweek about fielding a strong team out because teams are involved in a relegation battle and it’s fair so hopefully he does that.

Aubameyang still going for golden boot isnt he?

Very strange feeling, felt like we’d done it after the elation following the Arsenal result. But we are still well and truly in it.

Will be watching the Villa game but imagine continually refreshing livescores. I just hope we can do it the easiest stress free way, don’t think I could take an early West Ham goal!

As shit as Watford have been, if Arsenal perform how they did against us then it’s not a foregone conclusion especially if Watford rough them up with the upcoming final. Bournemouth can also certainly beat Everton. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I agree with everything @villalad21 says. He's easily the most sensible poster on here, everything he writes is well reasoned and entirely accurate. 

I especially appreciate the dissappointment at Dean Smith and losing 2 soccer matches to Bournemouth - that particularly needs to be stated more. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I especially appreciate the dissappointment at Dean Smith and losing 2 soccer matches to Bournemouth - that particularly needs to be stated more. 

Hang on a minute! We lost to Bournemouth?!

Why’s nobody mentioned this before? 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, hippo said:

Good managers are rarely available. You identify who you want and don't take no for an answer.

We haven't done that in over 10 years - we've taken lesser managers in the hope they come good. It's been a total disaster.

You mean like we did with Dean Smith. 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, ben1505 said:

I’ve crunched the numbers, and assuming that a W,D,L has probability of 1/3 for each game and assuming that if Watford and us both Win or Lose then they don’t overturn the GD then 17/27 scenarios see us safe, 9/27 scenarios see Watford safe and 1/27 sees Bournemouth safe.. of course they are massive assumptions so the whole thing was a waste of time... #pointlesscalculations

I hope you remembered to put your £1 permutation on it at the bookies.  ;)

We've been in similar high stakes scenarios before. In fact they've been pretty common over the last couple of years. Doesn't make it much easier but at least we could argue we have the most experience of it out of us, watford and bournemouth. I am hoping for the best, prepared for the worst, and feeling oddly optimistic about our chances on this day. With no comforting cushion our fate really is in our own hands. I hope we go for the win and play our hearts out today. Show everyone that we belong here. UTV!

• Like 1

So this is what we need to do today:

• Beat West Ham and stay up 
  • Hope Swansea Beat Brentford 
  • Put in bids for Saïd Benrahma & Sarr
Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

I'm on call today. Part of me is praying I don't get called out, part of me thinks it may be for the best 😀