Relegation thread

Knutserov13

Watford will get killed by Arsenal - Arsenal had no shots on target Vs us, and need form going into the final - absolutely no chance now for Watford as Arsenal will be absolutely on it for sake of sheer pride as supposedly elite footballers.

Bournemouth I think will muller Everton - they create a lot of chances and have shown lots of fight.

Therefore we need a draw minimum - but obvs we go into the game as we did the last 3 - trying to win it. 

The worry is that anything can happen in one game - a clumsy red card, or some VAR travesty - it's all quite possible and we could lose and get relegated. But for once I have confidence, and I think we'll get there. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Watford will get killed by Arsenal - Arsenal had no shots on target Vs us, and need form going into the final - absolutely no chance now for Watford as Arsenal will be absolutely on it for sake of sheer pride as supposedly elite footballers.

Bournemouth I think will muller Everton - they create a lot of chances and have shown lots of fight.

Therefore we need a draw minimum - but obvs we go into the game as we did the last 3 - trying to win it. 

The worry is that anything can happen in one game - a clumsy red card, or some VAR travesty - it's all quite possible and we could lose and get relegated. But for once I have confidence, and I think we'll get there. 

Agree, its Bournemouth who worry me most. Important we stay in the west ham game as long as possible. Cant afford to go 1 down and panic  

• Like 2

The two greatest threats to our survival are West Ham and Bournemouth. I’ve got Bournemouth to beat Everton, and West Ham will be salivating at the prospect of sending a rival down. Make no mistake, Villa are more of a future threat to West Ham than any of the other relegation contenders or promoted clubs coming up, we’re by far the biggest club in that clutch of clubs. It’ll be good business for West Ham to relegate Villa, and we shouldn’t forget that. Bowen and Antonio have been their sparks and will need to be shut down. We must put in a further improvement on our Arsenal display, which should always be the aim anyway. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Wonder the odds on a villa loss borunmouth and Watford win? Must be very good winnings?

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Decent odds worth a tenner

The problem with putting that bet on is that you could get just one or two correct, not win the money and we still get relegated.

The only real guaranteed "consolation" bet is the outright option below; 

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Relegation odds

Bournemouth 1/25

Watford 1/4

Villa 2/1

So for instance - £50 stake for £150. To be honest, I would be still be gutted big time regardless of getting £150 back so not sure it's even worth it.

An other option (using the same stake as above) would be to put both the following on;

£25 on Watford staying up (11/4) - £93.75 (£43.75 profit)

£25 on Bournemouth staying up (9/1) - £250 (£200 profit)

I will see how my nerves are come Sunday morning, I might just lump on Bournemouth to stay up which has better value and certainly not inconceivable that it won't happen.

Anyway, this is probably for a betting thread, so apologies.

Is it Sunday yet?! This is the run up to the play-off final kind of torture...

Everton will definitely score against Bournemouth.  Minus Ake because of injury, their defence is awful.  Can they score two against an Ancelotti Everton defence, ive serious doubts they can.

We do well under pressure. We won 10 games in a row last year when we were dead and buried. We got 7 from 9 this year when we were dead and buried.

We'll win on Sunday and all of this stress will have been for nothing.

Arsenal 2 - 0 Watford

Bournemouth 1 - 1 Everton

West Ham 1 - 2 Villa

• Like 3

One thing is for sure with me, I would have given my right arm to take our survival to the last game during post Christmas and lockdown.  

90 minutes of hell and nerves on Sunday, but if it doesn’t work out, we gave it a helluva go over the last few weeks. 

Personally, I think we’ll draw the game which should do it, but I wouldn’t be shocked if all 3 of us lost and we still survive. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We do well under pressure. We won 10 games in a row last year when we were dead and buried. We got 7 from 9 this year when we were dead and buried.

We'll win on Sunday and all of this stress will have been for nothing.

Arsenal 2 - 0 Watford

Bournemouth 1 - 1 Everton

West Ham 1 - 2 Villa

I’ll take this please. 

Imagine Bournemouth leading 1-0 and Villa 1-0 down 80 mins in, then Everton score and we score two in the last 5 mins. I think I’d need to be tranquillised. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think we are going to need a point.

Watford are all over the place at the moment, no form, no real manager, no confidence, no momentum, it will take a huge turnaround for them to suddenly rock up at the Emirates and win. It's not beyond the realms of possibility but it's unlikely. Arsenal need to get themselves back on track before the cup final so will be looking for a decent performance which would hopefully be enough.

Bournemouth worry me more at the moment, I think they can get a win at Goodison but a lot depends on what kind of Everton show up, seems like there might be big changes there this summer so some players will be playing for their futures,  I have every faith in Ancelotti sending out a competitive motivated team, but Bournemouth's need is so much greater and they have some quality going forward.

The only downside to heading in to the last day outside the relegation zone is the temptation to just do enough, taking the foot off the pedal because a draw is enough is dangerous, Bournemouth know they have to win, Watford have to assume only a win will do, win lose or draw we could stay up and that's why it's so important we get our mentality right, assume we need a win and nothing else.

West Ham are beatable, but also dangerous on current form. We are in decent form as well though, and we've found a nice balance to our play and a defensive solidity that wasn't there before, we just have to perform as we have been and I think we can get the win we need.

Edited by Teale's 'tache
typo in my typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Anyone going to avoid the game and find out afterwards? 

I’m tempted to because I’m not at home for it. But I’ll not be able to keep my hands off my phone and will end finding a stream for it while I’m out. 

43 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

This wait is killing me.  Worse than the run up to the two play off finals!

😂 The wife has advised she is going to her mates at 3 pm Sunday and not coming back until gone 8 pm whilst turning off her phone as she fears getting the brunt of me and especially the boys should it all go pear shaped

• Haha 3

If it wasn't for their managers being Arteta and Ancelotti I would have little faith in Arsenal and Everton giving us the results we want. But, with those two guys in charge of their clubs I have confidence in them doing a professional job on their opponents.

Remember, players at both Arsenal and Everton are playing for their futures in a profession that is going through very uncertain times. Both managers will want to bring their own players in if possible. My only concern with Arsenal is if they rest Aubameyang, Lacazette, Pepe, Ceballos etc. Watford are a physical side when they want to be and might bully the Arsenal youngsters who are wanting a game at Wembley so they may win a few more challenges than normal. 

Villa have to go into our game with an obsession of winning it. If we win we are pretty much safe for as much as Watford could cause an upset there is no way they win by 3 at the Emirates. The one thing Villa can't be accused of is giving in. They've fought all season and it's a good sign for us going into that final game. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

So for instance - £50 stake for £150. To be honest, I would be still be gutted big time regardless of getting £150 back so not sure it's even worth it.

yeah same. it would take a lot more than £100 profit to make me feel in any way good about going down!

• Like 1