Pitch Invasions

Genie

It's embarrassing to see at a semi final, and can imagine it may have been a bit intimidating for our players let alone Leicesters to many idiots out there. I understand that emotions run high but it just stops the majority of fans paying respect to the players and players paying respect to the fans after a great victory.  

You see the security guys/stewards ushering players back to the tunnels, barging through the crowd of people. Its quite clear what they actually think to it all. They do not want you there - the players do not want to be there. Feck off back to the stands. 

• Like 2

Not surprised to hear there was goading and slapping etc, but if it's confirmed then takes away any excuse at all for going on the pitch. I don't care that it's a minority ruining it for everyone, noone should be on there in the first place! Maybe all those so keen to show their enthusiasm for the club could instead channel it to singing for 90 mins every home game

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

it is a bit small time and looks absolutely terrifying to be a player in the middle of it. However, I would think that a part of the FA realises that it shows a passion and validates the league cup as a competition. It has been maligned in the past with some people calling it a mickey mouse cup or whatever and questioning its importance..

Personally I will only call it a mickey mouse cup if we get beat in the final

It is very small time and there is no part of the FA that will find favour in it. It does not show passion just people finding an excuse to run on the pitch and behave like bellends If any physical contact was made with any Leicester player then that person/persons are no different to that little bluenose weasel that had a go at Grealish and should be identified and dealt with by the club and authorities. Pathetic behaviour .

• Like 3

We have always done this at Villa.

1994 v Tranmere

1996 v Arsenal 

2010 v Blackburn

2020 v Leicester 

Thats just the League Cup games. As I get older I see that it is an unacceptable thing to do hence only joining in on the first two.

However there will always be young kids getting excited because it’s the first time something has happened in their short supporting life.

What I cant understand is family’s and older blokes getting involved....those guys should know better.

Edited by MarkLillis
  • Like 1

What the club should do is send a letter to the address for everyone who bought a ticket for the game, explaining why a pitch invasion is bad.  

hopefully this then sticks in the mind next time these idiots think of doing a pitch invasion.

Wouldn’t do it myself but don’t mind it too much if people behave themselves.

I do think fans should respect the fact these are professional athletes who have just been sprinting around a football pitch for 90 mins. They want to do a proper warm down, stretches, massage, etc just to look after their bodies. So don’t lift them on your shoulders or twist them about posing for selfies or stop them from leaving the pitch.

But if it’s respectful (as most fans were) then I get the impression the players enjoy that feeling of being closer to the fans. As much as everyone brands them as greedy, money-driven prima donnas, I’m sure they still enjoy the adulation from their own fans.

Perhaps the key is to introduce bigger individual fines / bans for certain actions (eg being the first person on to the pitch, approaching opposition fans / players, etc). It can’t be nice for an away player as half a stand of home fans charge towards you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattyvilla said:

At one time going back a few years it was tradition to happen after the last game of the season , prob died off in the 90 's at some point

Yes I remember this. As a kid, I remember the jump over the 'moat' from the Holte onto the pitch seemed enormous. Never mind clambering over the fence.

Edited by Didiersix

2 hours ago, cyrusr said:

2010 - Blackburn

2015 - West Brom

2018 - Middlesbrough

2020 - Leicester City

4 pitch invasions over the last decade. It doesn't make great reading which is why there will probably be a heavy fine for villa without it being the clubs fault. 

Also, each of these times all we had actually "won" was a chance to play at Wembley for the trophy/promotion, not the trophy/promotion itself. In fact on all 3 previous occasions of the pitch invasions we didn't even win the final anyway. Whilst certainly not "the dark days of football", it does feel somewhat moronic. Celebrate, yes, but is it:

1. The greatest achievement that this club has ever done; or
  2. Will do in the future?

Answer:

1. Of course not; and
  2. I bloody well hope not. 

Really small time mentality IMO. 

Does it have to be the greatest achievement in the club's history to warrant it? I wasn't a fan of the West Brom and Boro invasions as they weren't very noteworthy occasions. Boro was literally a 0-0 draw. But if getting to a cup final with a last gasp winner doesn't qualify I don't know what does.

• Like 1

Â