Pitch Invasions

Genie

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'm more interested to know if it's actually even allowed in the first place, which I'm finding out is apparently not.

Yep it is against the law. 

s.4 Football (Offences) Act 1991:

s.4 Going onto the playing area.
It is an offence for a person at a designated football match to go onto the playing area, or any area adjacent to the playing area to which spectators are not generally admitted, without lawful authority or lawful excuse (which shall be for him to prove).

And also a breach of your ticket for villa as per the terms and conditions:

7. Cancellation & Withdrawal of Match Ticket

7.1.11 entering the playing area or any adjacent area to which spectators are not generally admitted without lawful authority or excuse;

They also reserve the right to ban you from future matches:

7.6 In the event that your Match Ticket is withdrawn or cancelled no refund shall be payable to you in respect of any unexpired portion of the Match Ticket. Further, the Club reserves the right to exclude you from any Membership scheme maintained or organised by the Club and/or to disqualify you from applying for any Match Ticket and/or season ticket at its discretion, and to notify any Football Authority and/or other football clubs of such exclusion and/or disqualification (and the reason(s) for such exclusion and/or disqualification).

So yeah, people shouldn't do it... 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Also I've never seen pitch invasions spoken about negatively unless it involves Villa. In all other instances it's spoken about warmly and "in the spirit of football". It's so odd.

Gary Lineker and the BBC were pretty much praising the Shrewsbury fans (which a far far greater percentage of them ran on the pitch than villa fans). Lineker was raising the FA cup and getting them to cheer and celebrate on the pitch. It is odd how the reaction is so extreme when its us.

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

We have always done this at Villa.

1994 v Tranmere

1996 v Arsenal 

2010 v Blackburn

2020 v Leicester 

Thats just the League Cup games. As I get older I see that it is an unacceptable thing to do hence only joining in on the first two.

However there will always be young kids getting excited because it’s the first time something has happened in their short supporting life.

What I cant understand is family’s and older blokes getting involved....those guys should know better.

vs Inter Milan too in 1994!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

pleasing to see the majority of VT condemning the pitch invasion. just a shame no one on that pitch are VT viewer/contributors. as someone else said, probably just the FB morons.

what would ever stop them? threatening bans to anyone that does it, regardless of the number that do it? refusal of final ticket? would even an injury to a player stop it? sadly i doubt it.

As long as opposition players aren’t attacked I don’t care.

Seeing Dad’s lifting their little lads and girls onto their shoulders and looking upto the Holte and lying on and kissing the grass is pure man.

Memory making shit. Enjoy it, I’d be straight on. 

Edit... The Baggies game where people are on before final whistle etc I’m against, but once it’s gone. Go for it. 

Edited by spiezels

20 minutes ago, spiezels said:

As long as opposition players aren’t attacked I don’t care.

Seeing Dad’s lifting their little lads and girls onto their shoulders and looking upto the Holte and lying on and kissing the grass is pure man.

Memory making shit. Enjoy it, I’d be straight on. 

Edit... The Baggies game where people are on before final whistle etc I’m against, but once it’s gone. Go for it. 

the problem is, the crowd you mention i would call the "2nd wave" so the initial group has gone on, mobbed the players, and once the stewards have collectively said "**** it" the mums/dads/kids then go on to make their memories. and good for them...if i was in the stands with a free pass to touch the VP turf i would be happy to do so. but you, I, and this group shouldn't have this opportunity.

i'm sure i don't need to remind anyone of our current league predicament. we are a jack injury away from relegation...could you imagine if he was bundled and his knee buckled or something? are the scenes, and memories worth it? surely not

3 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Maybe actually winning the cup/league? That's my point; these pitch invasions aren't because we won a competition, we get to go to Wembley, that's it. Now that we are going for the 5th time in 5 years, it seems really daft. 

Also if we do it for a great/significant last minute win, why didn't we do it for the Watford game? History won't remember the losers of the final. If we actually win something, I can see some justification for it, albeit still think its a bit daft. 

I do agree with this though, not 2 days earlier Shrewsbury fans invaded the pitch after their 2-2 draw with Liverpool but it is suggested that it was "good natured". 

It was good natured. There was a single incident of abuse toward away players or fans. 

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

There's a lot more in life to be worried about than this... Don't care either way. 

Thanks... I did this back against Blackburn in 2010 after our semi win. The main reason was to take my lad onto the pitch so he could experience something different and special as a Villa fan. I'm glad I did as singing 'Rocking all over the World' in front of the Holte was one of the finest experiences in football I have ever had with my boy. I have had many wonderful experiences over the years but he hadn't so it was a wonderful moment he will never forget.  

As with the Leicester game I saw many going onto the pitch taking little ones on to experience something many don't. How can that be a bad thing if nobody is in danger unlike the eighties when invasions were for one reason, and certainly not to celebrate.

Too many killjoys in this world worrying about silliness. Emotions are emotions and aren't defined by the club you support, be it big or small. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Thanks... I did this back against Blackburn in 2010 after our semi win. The main reason was to take my lad onto the pitch so he could experience something different and special as a Villa fan. I'm glad I did as singing 'Rocking all over the World' in front of the Holte was one of the finest experiences in football I have ever had with my boy. I have had many wonderful experiences over the years but he hadn't so it was a wonderful moment he will never forget.  

As with the Leicester game I saw many going onto the pitch taking little ones on to experience something many don't. How can that be a bad thing if nobody is in danger unlike the eighties when invasions were for one reason, and certainly not to celebrate.

Too many killjoys in this world worrying about silliness. Emotions are emotions and aren't defined by the club you support, be it big or small. 

It’s because there are people of far less sound mind and judgement to you also running on the pitch, unfortunately, as with everything, the actions of a few ruin it for the majority.

The club needs to release a statement via all mediums outlining the consequences for these idiots that run on the pitch to take selfies and videos. Fingers crossed it's lifetime bans. 👍

If you don't agree, you're the problem.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, meregreen said:

Big clubs save it for when they actually win something.

Do they? When have you seen a pitch invasion at Wembley after a Cup Final? Fans don't invade pitches after Final wins period. So this whole big club, little club statement is nonsense. 

Many teams haven't or don't, probably because those winning trophies get used to being the ones that win trophies on a regular basis. The reality is though it seldom happens and I am sure if we were winning trophies regularly it probably wouldn't happen at all. We've had virtually a decade on the slide minus the last 2 years whilst we've clawed our way back. I think it's great fans have something to celebrate for a change just like last summer. I certainly don't think fans that are balls deep and emotionally invested in the club are acting badly when taking kids onto the pitch after a semi final win. That being said I am fully against fans accosting the players after the game, especially if the players are trying to get off the pitch as a couple were Tuesday night. That I don't like. I do like seeing Mings though singing with the fans and loving every minute of it!!! 

4 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Maybe actually winning the cup/league? That's my point; these pitch invasions aren't because we won a competition, we get to go to Wembley, that's it. Now that we are going for the 5th time in 5 years, it seems really daft. 

Also if we do it for a great/significant last minute win, why didn't we do it for the Watford game? History won't remember the losers of the final. If we actually win something, I can see some justification for it, albeit still think its a bit daft. 

I do agree with this though, not 2 days earlier Shrewsbury fans invaded the pitch after their 2-2 draw with Liverpool but it is suggested that it was "good natured". 

I'm sure Lineker used the phrase 'that's great to see' or summat like that

4 hours ago, cyrusr said:

Yep it is against the law. 

s.4 Football (Offences) Act 1991:

And also a breach of your ticket for villa as per the terms and conditions:

They also reserve the right to ban you from future matches:

So yeah, people shouldn't do it... 

This is the important bit, but it seems many laws preventing certain things are ignored. If I was an opposition player I'd feel justified in clouting anyone that came near me

• Like 1

If you can’t beat em....

At some of the games over here they let fans onto the pitch at the end of the game once players, coaching staff etc have left the field. It’s actually really nice - I know it trashes the turf but end of season? Could be a good compromise?

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

If I was an opposition player I'd feel justified in clouting anyone that came near me

The law would be 100% on your side too. The only You Tube clip I have watched from someone on the pitch (shame I had to add to their "views") shows the phone holder flicking V's at Leicester fans, verbally abusing Vardy then joining in a cringeworthy sing-song about Ezri Konsa's penis. Such fantastic family memories.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Shrewsbury did it, what’s the difference? 

I keep seeing this. As far as am I’m aware Shrewsbury fans were not warned before hand by the FA and the club not to do it. They also didn’t run over to Liverpool fans and players hurling abuse at them.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â