Pitch Invasions

Genie

1 minute ago, kidlewis said:

So the issue of  running onto the playing area isn’t an offence then, it’s about whether you were warned before?

Yes I think it partly is because we have previous. It’s like if you have 9 points on your license and get caught speeding. You can’t really ask what’s the difference between your offence and somebody that speeds for the first time.

• Like 1

One of my favourite Villa memories is as a 13 YO running onto the pitch against Inter after Phil King’s winning penalty... I was sat right in the half way line in lower Witton and about 3/4 Rows back .... anyways as people surged towards the pitch the stewards were actually telling people to go to avoid a crush as there was no stopping it ... I hugged Ugo ... 😕😢.. anyways it was an amazing experience standing on the pitch with thousands of jubilant , emotional , delirious Villa comrades standing together in a moment of history.. The sheer emotion of standing on the same turf as your hero’s seconds before under the floodlights ... pitch soft like a carpet... It was unforgettable.... 

Now flip side.... What happened to jack at Sty and Maddison? One day a player will get injured which is unacceptable and though I have done what I’m about to condone... The risk is too high and this has to stop and we should be punished accordingly.

image.jpeg.2b5467139165b3dfc2ca28c02dbac7ed.jpeg

Edited by thabucks

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Spoiled it for me. I missed having the players coming over to the fans at the end and celebrating.

Afraid I am not into pushing and shoving and  unruly behaviour as a spectacle. Quite unedifying. Embarrassing.

Completely agree.

I can understand a few under 14’s doing it, or trying it, but that’s all.

It ruins it for fans overseas too, instead of getting to watch the team on the pitch clap all the fans and soak up the moment all I got to watch was a few minutes of hectic chaos. As a kid I might've done it but as an adult I'm thinking GTFU and let everyone enjoy it.

For all we know the team and DS could've stayed out there for 20-30 minutes!

• Like 4

I'd go to far as say that if it was only kids then I'd be for it but how the hell would you police that. Unfortunately it is like many things, the minority ruin it for everyone else.

The minority make players and refs.and coaching staff feel uneasy so they all have to exit to take no chances.

The minority ruin everything in just about every aspect of life..... It really grinds my gears.

If everyone felt safe you could run on to the pitch to celebrate, but because of percentage of oxygen thieves over time it's called an 'invasion'

10 hours ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

The law would be 100% on your side too. The only You Tube clip I have watched from someone on the pitch (shame I had to add to their "views") shows the phone holder flicking V's at Leicester fans, verbally abusing Vardy then joining in a cringeworthy sing-song about Ezri Konsa's penis. Such fantastic family memories.

Yeah great memories

Look son, remember this one when we broke the law and this one when we got banned.

I have great memories from Villa Park and none of them involved breaking the law.

As for that song, there are no words really

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Spoiled it for me. I missed having the players coming over to the fans at the end and celebrating.

Afraid I am not into pushing and shoving and  unruly behaviour as a spectacle. Quite unedifying. Embarrassing.

Modern life writ large. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean I knew VT was full of miserable bastards but this thread takes the biscuit.

Lol bit harsh that. I don’t care about the pitch invasion so much but the stuff I’ve heard about abuse to opponent players and fans pisses me off. 

plus I am a miserable bastard. 

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Install Jurassic Park style electric raptor fences that raise up 5 mins before the end. Sorted

If this sort of thing happens with any kind of regularity the governing body will insist on fencing every ground. They always use a hammer to crack a nut.

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean I knew VT was full of miserable bastards but this thread takes the biscuit.

I am the sort of miserable bastard who enjoys watching the team and management celebrating at the end with the fans in the stands, and I certainly do not get any pleasure from watching a lot of louts scrambling to get selfies.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I am the sort of miserable bastard who enjoys watching the team and management celebrating at the end with the fans in the stands, and I certainly do not get any pleasure from watching a lot of louts scrambling to get selfies.

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The FA and the club warned fans not to do it before hand. We’ve done it several times in the past few years now. 

If it continues to happen, eventually the punishments will get severe. 

You mean like they have with Blues. What was it 42k for Grealish getting punched. So going by that it should be less than 40k fine which I'd imagine Edens and Sawiris have down the back of their sofas. Any more that 42k they should instruct lawyers to appeal it and use the Grealish punch fine as exhibit A 

55 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

You mean like they have with Blues. What was it 42k for Grealish getting punched. So going by that it should be less than 40k fine which I'd imagine Edens and Sawiris have down the back of their sofas. Any more that 42k they should instruct lawyers to appeal it and use the Grealish punch fine as exhibit A 

I think you missed the point of my post mate. It’s not the offence itself it’s the fact we’re continually ignoring pre march warnings. They could easily decide to make an example of us.

• Like 1

Â