Pre-Match Thread

Ouchmefoot

6 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

When I breath my last breaths, I don't want to recount how many seasons we spent in the Premier League.

What I do want to do is spend thirty seconds or so remembering when Jack grabbed the trophy and lifted it above his head.

It's that simple.

Big facts.

5 hours ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Those lists of the club's honours... a lot of years starting with 18, some starting with 19, nothing starting with 20 (unless you count the Intertoto Cup).  It's trophies that a club's "history" is built on, along with the stories and memories – from players and fans alike – that go with each success. Premier League PLC are very keen for us to forget that. 

Was looking at our honours list yesterday and comparing it with Spurs (my brother's team) and then Everton and ours is just so impressive and was better than both. The only thing that takes a bit of sheen off of it is that like you say, a lot of them were won in years starting with 18.

One oddity about it though was that we seem to be really bad in the Charity Shield. We won the league 7 times and the FA Cup 7 times. That's like 14 Charity Shields but we've only ever won 1. Haven't even shared one. Although it might also have to do with the fact that a lot of our trophies were won pre-war.

Edited by Keyblade

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I had a dream last night that it was 2-2 at 90 minutes.

We won somehow, but I cant remember how, dream went a bit weird :)

I had a dream I was sat in the City end and my Dad was wearing a Villa shirt. We had a glorious chance in the opening minute that trezequet fluffed. Then an unknown 17yr old (Not Barrie) who was playing LB scored a screamer from outside the box. Most of the City fans left as they’d made a poor start. I woke up at that point as it was all getting a bit mad. 

38 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

How could you forget? 

trophy2_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwi

:D

Technically they've won 3 cups and a title since I was born, more accurately I meant a cup in the time I have been a supporter. I am disappointed in myself that I forgot this prestigious silverware 😏

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

To be brutally honest, I have never been more un-excited for a cup final in my life.

The overriding feeling for me is just a fear that we are going to get absolutely battered.

Add that to the recent league form and I just feel flat as a pancake tbh.

• Sad 1