Pre-Match Thread

Ouchmefoot

I’m just hoping we fight for the whole 90 minutes. We’ve shown it a few times this year. Unfortunately we also have the ability for an absolute catastrophic showing like home to City.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m just hoping we fight for the whole 90 minutes. We’ve shown it a few times this year. Unfortunately we also have the ability for an absolute catastrophic showing like home to City.

I think, that's what we are all just hoping for.....a show.

• Like 1

I think we are going to get battered.

But irony beyond irony, I could also see us getting in to Europe whilst being in the championship...... :)

we are just going to get battered though.

29 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Hoping Dean springs a surprise as we have virtually nothing to lose;

My team would be:

Nyland

Guilbert    Engels    Mings     Hause

Elmo        Luiz    Nakamba   Targett

Jack

Samatta

Jack in a free role, elmo and Targett to get forward on break and whip in crosses for Samatta and Jack running in.

We can but dream but at least we should keep the score down as full backs wont get caught upfield and mid 2 can just sit in to close KDB

I had similar thoughts in terms of formation with slightly different personnel...   I think we need to press them high as a team and try to force mistakes then hit them fast on the counter when we gain possession- only one of the full backs venturing forward at any one time. Nothing to be gained by being too defensive and inviting City on to us...

4411.JPG

• Like 2

I’d go 4-5-1, hope the Mingels rumour is true. Elmo right wing infront of Guilbert. Jack central rather than on the left and then can’t decide on left wing. Probably is El Ghazi but I wouldn’t be against putting Vassilev there to just run at them all the time.

i think Luiz should be on the bench but I don’t think it’s the right game for Hourihane and can’t bring myself to say start Drinkwater.

Nyland

Guilbert Mingels Targett

Elmo  Hourihane Nakamba Vassilev

Jack

Samatta

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The problem is City are so good at times you can give it your all and still get spanked. We will need a lot of luck on our side today but anything can happen in a one off game. COME ON YOU VILLA!!

Having our boys give it their all is the only thing I care about. It’s the only chance we have to win. If we give it everything and lose, so be it. At least we went down swinging.

The only reason I’d be disappointed today is if we don’t give it a good go. I’d rather lose 10-0 and go down swinging than lose 4-1 with our tails between our legs for 90 minutes.

Either way it doesn’t matter, because we’re going to win.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mig4villa said:

I had similar thoughts in terms of formation with slightly different personnel...   I think we need to press them high as a team and try to force mistakes then hit them fast on the counter when we gain possession- only one of the full backs venturing forward at any one time. Nothing to be gained by being too defensive and inviting City on to us...

4411.JPG

I could live with that but I feel Elmo is a better crosser and Guilbert a better tackler

2 hours ago, KHV said:

Anything less than four will be a remarkable achievement 

Got a feeling this will be all done and dusted after 20 mins

stop it neil patrick harris GIF

Not to be negative but this weekend will be seen as the turning point in our season. Well, not turning point, the nail in the coffin. Every team around us won and we get thrashed in another cup final. Morale will be on the floor and we won't recover.

I hope I'm wrong of course.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

This'll be a mad game, absolutely no way we stop them scoring so I think we'll just go toe to toe. 

I think you're right. We are going to be so open. Need a Nyland-esque (Leicester version!) display irrespective of who starts. 

• Like 2

I can only see Nkamba and Luiz being overrun ( as usual ) if selected. Hope I am wrong of course. Best wishes to one and all who have made the trip, you deserve a miracle.👏

ATB

VLD.

Not expecting any surprises from Smith with team selection...