Pre-Match Thread

Ouchmefoot

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Strangely I'm the opposite.

After being in the Championship I don't really have an issue if we got relegated again (well I do have an issue, obviously I'd prefer to stay up!)

If you offered me winning this cup and then going down, I'd take it.

For me too mate, I'd take this cup and relegation in a heartbeat. We will be in a much stronger position financially and squad wise. It won't be like last time. I think it's kind of quirky to go down in history as a club that played in Europe from the championship. Imagine if we didn't get promoted but won the Europa league ๐Ÿ˜

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

Every pundit every where, tv radio street, you name it, we do not stand a chance regardless of how ever we play, If I'm deano id make the players listen to all of it and go out there and prove the whole world wrong and stick it right up that phoney new money fake imitation of a great club, great club my arse, citeh will be up against a really great club, a great old money traditional legend of a club, an institution, whatever the result they will never be an Aston Villa so f%@k off.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So people want to know what miracle we need to best Man City..... Here goes,

1. One of their defenders fouls our player as the last man and actually gets sent off.

That wouldย guaranteeย a Villa defeat.ย 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think I'm with Mooney, I reckon if we stay up then we will go from strength to strength over the next couple of years with our owners and there might be a few more Cup final days.ย  We go down and it might be pretty grim again for a while.ย  Of course I'd love us to win though, we need a bit of a miracle but you never know.

Yeah it's a fair point.

I guess my view is another season in the championship isn't going to kill us, just delay things. And we'll have a trophy in the cabinet to compensate for that.

ย 

Unfortunately, I think it's far more likely we'll get neither the cup nor the survival this season :Dย :(ย 

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

For me too mate, I'd take this cup and relegation in a heartbeat. We will be in a much stronger position financially and squad wise. It won't be like last time. I think it's kind of quirky to go down in history as a club that played in Europe from the championship. Imagine if we didn't get promoted but won the Europa league ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Strangely I'm the opposite.

After being in the Championship I don't really have an issue if we got relegated again (well I do have an issue, obviously I'd prefer to stay up!)

If you offered me winning this cup and then going down, I'd take it.

ย 

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah it's a fair point.

I guess my view is another season in the championship isn't going to kill us, just delay things. And we'll have a trophy in the cabinet to compensate for that.

ย 

Unfortunately, I think it's far more likely we'll get neither the cup nor the survival this season :Dย :(ย 

Staying in the Premier League is everything.

Going down to the Championship would put us back how many seasons??? There is absolutely no guarantee that we would come back after one season. We could be there for how long??

Stay up we get more prize and TV money. We buy better players to move forward. We have the chance to keep our better players etc.

We are a massive club that needs to be in the Premier League and the top half at that. Staying in the Premier League and improving the squad further gives us and the owners a better chance of implementing theirย plan and in doing that will increase our chances of additional trips to Wembley.

Go down we start over again and who knows what.

I would much rather enjoy the day out and lose this cup final and stay up all day long.

Stay up, enjoy the summer and look forward to the Premier League fixtures etc and not look forward to planning a trip to Hull, Millwall and Preston !!!!!!

ย 

ย 

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah it's a fair point.

ย 

This is my biggest fear, humiliation on Sunday and relegation. Then the same toxicity from the a section of the fans though the club is ten times stronger.ย 

If we go down, I will be upset but not vitriolic about it. If we go down then I want DS to be given another chance, I know this is unlikely but is there any other precedent for this.... Sean Dyche stay in charge during the yo-yo at Burnley?

I just want Villa to be stable and that we are now, but 4 years ago that's what brought the worst out in me as a supporter.... Now I'm confident and trust in the process, if we go down so be it. I have complete faith we won't be signing Hogan's, McCormack's, Gollini's and the ilk.ย 

I'm far more confident that we would do something much more similar to a Leicester (though maybe not to their lofty heights), we have some good people in the right positions (imho) so we will go about the rebuild completely differently and with anywhere from 100-150 million (sale of Grealish, Mings + possible other good players ((McGinn)) or multiple older and/or fringe players ) plus parachute payments too finance it.

I am not concerned about our future at all. I think you used a very key word in your post 'delayed' is all it will be!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

ย 

ย 

Going down to the Championship would put us back how many seasons??? There is absolutely no guarantee that we would come back after one season. We could be there for how long??

Stay up we get more prize and TV money. We buy better players to move forward. We have the chance to keep our better players etc.

We are a massive club that needs to be in the Premier League and the top half at that. Staying in the Premier League and improving the squad further gives us and the owners a better chance of implementing theirย plan and in doing that will increase our chances of additional trips to Wembley.

I would much rather enjoy the day out and lose this cup final and stay up all day long.

ย 

ย 

ย 

I would without a word of a lie put my house on us coming straight back up if we do get relegated. Dead set!ย 

My Mrs would kill me though ๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I canโ€™t see anything other than one of the most one sided League cup finals on record sadly.....itโ€™ll be like when City destroyed Watford in the FA cup final recently, but probably even worse.

Dream of the impossible!

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I canโ€™t see anything other than one of the most one sided League cup finals on record sadly.....itโ€™ll be like when City destroyed Watford in the FA cup final recently, but probably even worse.

Yes, you are probably right. It should and probable be one of the most one sided games and we will more than likely lose and lose badly.

But strangely the feeling about this game is somewhat different to every other final and semi final i have been to and my first was in 1971.

In every other game, even as the underdog we have felt we have had a chance. Even in that one in 1971 when we were in division 3 and Spurs were in division 1 (old money).

In everyone of those games there was pressure, pressure to win the game. In this one there isnt any on the basis we havn't got a cat in hells chance.

We can go out and do what ever. We lose 1,2,3,4 nil it's expected. We lose 6.0 it's expected.

I'm going to the game fairly relaxed. I want us to win, that goes without saying.ย Iย dont think we will but i have hope.

Who knows we might just surprise ourselves....not every favourite wins

Where a chance theres hope and i've got it along with the 30k plus who will be there giving it our all.

UTV KTF

14 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I would without a word of a lie put my house on us coming straight back up if we do get relegated. Dead set!ย 

My Mrs would kill me though ๐Ÿ˜‚

I Admire your optimism however the Championship is littered with teams who have also thought that and are still there......

........and jails are full of women serving their lifeย sentences !!!!!!ย ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

49 minutes ago, imavillan said:

ย 

ย 

Stay up, enjoy the summer and look forward to the Premier League fixtures etc and not look forward to planning a trip to Hull, Millwall and Preston !!!!!!

ย 

ย 

But the Premier League isn't everything.

Turning up every week and losing is shit. At least the Championship was fun.

ย 

Obviously I'm not saying I'd PREFER to go down. Obviously I'd rather stay in the Premier League.ย 

But given the choice of winning our first major trophy in 25 years and going down, or scraping survival but not winning the cup? It's a clear choice for me. I don't care if it sets us back a couple of seasons. Being at Wembley to see Grealish lift a trophy will stay with me forever.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Thanks 1

Staying up means we will have more shots at winning or at least competing for stuff in the years to come.

If we go down then this final is it for the foreseeable future. We will have to start from scratch again, sell off any valuable assets and hope the owners are up for another rebuild.

All the while the clubs in the PL continue to rake in ยฃ100m-150m per season in TV-money while we get a parachute and then diddly squat.

The distance between the haves and the have-notsย in football is only getting worse. We will be left behind.

Edited by sne