Generic Virus Thread

villakram

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah, I misread the headline, the weekend is saved :D 

Hancock did say yesterday that even in locked-down areas, people were still allowed to see those in their "bubble". Can't find a reference to it as it was at some point on the BBC News channel. My presumption is that even if we go back into lockdown, single people might still be allowed to see their partners that live in different houses (so long as they don't live with 6 other people). 

Obviously , it was Hancock wot said it so it's entirely possible that he will say something different next time.

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He;s not wrong. When I was in Germany I asked the barman of one of the bars we went to if he hated freedom and he shouted 'JA'.

It's worth mentioning what the question was that provoked this oral flatulence. It was about whether Germany and Italy's better results have anything to do with having a functioning Test and Trace system. Johnson rejected that this had anything to it.

He is a negligent fraud of a man, a prime minister in name only, who accepts none of his own failures. It's always someone else. It's always something outside of his control. He takes the credit for everything, and the blame for nothing. That's no leader. He's a petty, incompetent, lazy middle-manager type, promoted far from his level of competence. 

Edited by Davkaus

In fairness back in May, Johnson clearly stated that the UK public had not been prepared to give up their freedom in the first couple of months of restrictions. He’s so sure of this he states in the opening 30 seconds.

For those who don’t want to hear him say how reckless we were and how much we were always going to let him down, here’s the quote -

“It is now almost two months since the people of this country began to put up with restrictions on their freedom – your freedom – of a kind that we have never seen before in peace or war.

And you have shown the good sense to support those rules overwhelmingly.

You have put up with all the hardships of that programme of social distancing.”

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Thanks 1

Testing is irrelevant as well. It always has been.

He’s always been of that opinion too.

“I want to say a special word about testing, because it is so important, and as I have said for weeks and weeks, this is the way through,” he said.

“This is how we will unlock the coronavirus puzzle. This is how we will defeat it in the end.”

Link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm loving the fact that I'm able to get my essential flu-jab (I'm under-50, have a chronic Neurological disease, and am on immunosuppressants) a month quicker from Tesco than I can from the useless bunch of Representatives for Wellingborough that call themselves GPs!

Edited by bielesibub
Representatives for Wellborough - t0553rs

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

What are these?

They're the ones on which they're basing estimates about the prevalence across the country (link😞

I. Introduction

Ipsos MORI and Imperial College London are conducting this research on behalf of the Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC), to help work out how much virus is circulating across the country including in people who do not have any symptoms.

...more

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, snowychap said:

It is and I'd just begun to do that more regularly in order to meet my brother for one or two early evening once a week.

The compulsory table service has put an end to that for me, though, as I don't want to be sitting inside and it'll take a pissing age to get served on a table outside.

You might be shocked by how good compulsory table service is.

I went out with @theboyangela couple of Sundays ago as he was in town. We went to a bar we both like that was compulsory table service. Scan a QR code to get the drinks menu, pay online and I swear those pints of Guiness were at the table just as we were finishing the previous pints. The online payment / menu thing also served as their record of who had been in their that night.

I guess if your issue is a privacy / data issue then that's different but the table service thing was actually a top idea. When this is all over, I hope that stays in some places at least

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I went out with @theboyangela couple of Sundays ago as he was in town. We went to a bar we both like that was compulsory table service. Scan a QR code to get the drinks menu, pay online and I swear those pints of Guiness were at the table just as we were finishing the previous pints. The online payment / menu thing also served as their record of who had been in their that night.

I guess if your issue is a privacy / data issue then that's different but the table service thing was actually a top idea. When this is all over, I hope that stays in some places at least

I echo this.

We went away to a holiday park in August, it was table service in the main evening venue. Download the app, pick drinks, state which table you’re at, pay with card, drinks arrive super fast. It was brilliant.

The wife preferred it too cos she could have a proper look at the drinks options as she often feels a bit on the spot when at a bar.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm now on a much reduced office working schedule. I only have to go in for booked appointments and I should be able to top up on phones / tablets to make when I go in for thoise and deliver the previous batches

My place of work have made the offices available for people who want to go in. The office is at 40% capacity from what it was. You have to book on an app to say if you’re planning to go in. So far around 10% of the available desks are being used. My boss told us only to go in if we needed to. Not it go in just for a change of scenery unless we really were struggling WFH.

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm now on a much reduced office working schedule. I only have to go in for booked appointments and I should be able to top up on phones / tablets to make when I go in for thoise and deliver the previous batches

What do you do if you don’t mind my asking?

Been trying to piece it together but still not sure.

Regarding the question on how Italy and Germany have recovered better than us? Surely population density has to be a factor? Not the only factor, but a contributing one as it enables the virus to potentially spread more 

Germany - 232 people per square km. Italy is 200, France is 118, Spain is 92 and England (the worst impacted of the home nations) is 434. 

Of the more populated counties in Europe, only the Netherlands has a higher number, with Belgium slightly behind England. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What do you do if you don’t mind my asking?

Been trying to piece it together but still not sure.

He's part of the Merseyside Ice Cream van mafia. 

Don't mess with Bicks or you'll wake up with a Funny Feet next to you in bed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah I like the table service. Everywhere I've been it's been faster (as long as it's done through an app).

You don't have to go up and stand at bar that's three deep for 20 minutes.

• Like 1

Â