Generic Virus Thread

villakram

36 minutes ago, snowychap said:

In theory, I don't think this would be such a bad thing. Easing of restrictions was always going to be a balancing act. We have to weigh up freedoms vs safety, and it is only sensible to gradually ease things, monitor the results, and then if the results are an escalation we can't tolerate, tighten things up again.

They sure did **** it up though. There was literally no need for people to return to offices if they could work from home, especially not at the same time as schools and universities returning.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

On a serious note I wonder if the KO times will come forward a bit because of this? Or Government extend the closing time to 22:15

I must be seriously out of touch. Are people really going to the pub just to watch football?

6 minutes ago, choffer said:

I must be seriously out of touch. Are people really going to the pub just to watch football?

Absolutely, start at 12 all games on tv. Perfect Saturday on the beer when you can’t go to a game

or Sunday 

15 minutes ago, choffer said:

It beats paying through the nose for Sky and BT, plus it's a bit more atmospheric than sitting at home watching on your own.

It's not something I'm comfortable doing at the moment, but in normal times, absolutely.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

On a serious note I wonder if the KO times will come forward a bit because of this? Or Government extend the closing time to 22:15

Wouldn’t be a massive surprise if they did. I mean bloody hell, they once moved a UEFA cup semi final between Liverpool and Barcelona to allow viewers to find out who shot Phil Mitchell.

Rivaldo patiently waiting to see whether Ian Beale had a reasonable alibi.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, choffer said:

Not as much as normal but it will be interesting at the pub over the road given how many Liverpool fans there are in Malvern.

p.s. I'm not.

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I don't know the prices anymore,  but can't that be expensive as day's go ?

A few pints in, you realise that money is an abstract and meaningless concept, so bottoms up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Playing the devil's avocado but I think it's 10pm so people don't get too drunk that they start getting lairy and too close.

However, this is the UK. We have cheeky airport pints at 4.30am, so the closing time will make no difference. People will just go out earlier. 

Half-arsed cack from govt again.

Exactly that, it's out of touch with British drinking culture, people will still get off their tits, they'll just start it earlier

All the while the restaurant industry will suffer

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Exactly that, it's out of touch with British drinking culture, people will still get off their tits, they'll just start it earlier

All the while the restaurant industry will suffer

People will also buy 3 or 4 drinks at 9:30 and walk out steaming at 10:05

• Like 1

Are we missing the bigger picture of how many have a serious issue with booze?

Seriously, if you can’t lay off getting pissed during a pandemic and economic collapse, perhaps covid isn’t your biggest problem.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Are we missing the bigger picture of how many have a serious issue with booze?

Seriously, if you can’t lay off getting pissed during a pandemic and economic collapse, perhaps covid isn’t your biggest problem.

That's a problem that this government definitley won't fix 

I think the pandemic does make it worse though, partly because its been months for most without seeing anyone and then you might as well make it worthwhile

Not sure if popping down the local for one is happening a lot right now, big "special" meet ups are though and that comes with a lot of drinking, that seems to be the case with my friend group anyway, when I came back to the UK 2 weeks ago it wasn't just me that hadn't seen anyone for 6 months it was most of them too 

• Like 1

Â