Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Where I work called every worker in a room one by one for them to fill out a questionnaire asking if we have holidays booked, do we own a laptop, do we have a landline, are we willing to work from home, is there any vulnerable people at home yada yada yada

If they want you to work from home they should be providing a laptop and a mobile. 

I do hope if the shit hits the fan the public have the wherewithal to march on Downing Street and let Johnson, Cummings and co know about their displeasure, preferably by the medium of implements and fire.

• Like 1

Nipped to Morrisons in Aldridge today Very quiet. Although there was still a biffer in front of me at the hot counter who had the last chicken fillets. 

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

If they want you to work from home they should be providing a laptop and a mobile. 

yep, I think they are just looking at if it is an emergency sort of thing and they need to get it set up quickly.

Saying that, my laptop is riddled with STD's and shuts itself down every 40 minutes so it wouldn't work for me anyway

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

you mean Wuuu-Haaan

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nipped to Morrisons in Aldridge today Very quiet. Although there was still a biffer in front of me at the hot counter who had the last chicken fillets. 

You shoulda whacked ‘em round the head with your 64 pack of bog roll. 

40 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

If I makes you feel better, I got 3 paltry likes for easily the best one so far!

I should be be on the leaderboard for Wuhan Clan alone, but come on - Bat-soup out of hell as well?!?! 

@ml1dch got more for his low effort Police one FFS! 

I hate VT, I’m wasted on you lot. 

If it makes you feel better , I got 11 likes for stealing one from Facebook

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I do hope if the shit hits the fan the public have the wherewithal to march on Downing Street and let Johnson, Cummings and co know about their displeasure, preferably by the medium of implements and fire.

All while keeping a safe distance from each other. 

53 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Where I work called every worker in a room one by one for them to fill out a questionnaire asking if we have holidays booked, do we own a laptop, do we have a landline, are we willing to work from home, is there any vulnerable people at home yada yada yada

for what its worth I said that I would under no circumstances want to work from home, I'd stop washing, I wouldn't have any contact with any other humans other than the delivery drivers, I'd probably start drinking at 9am or decide it would be a good idea to send abusive Emails to customers at 2am in the morning after I've been on the piss,  my home is my castle, it ain't my office.

If they said they were going to let 50% of staff work from home to try and stop or slow down any possible infections I'd happily be one of the ones to travel into the office.

Ours did similar. Trying to put through urgent requests for security chips for everyone. 

49 minutes ago, Xela said:

Haha haha. Yeah right. 

Any European country with more then 1+ cases of corona with an unconfirmed source of infection should implement the same measures  the Chinese did as soon as possible. You'll see the numbers skyrocketing and the halthcare system overloaded country by country. The lack of action from governments are concerning. They seem determined to not learn from Italy. This is will get ugly quickly. Hopefully other countries will follow Denmarks lead. 

Seeing a full Anfield tonight...

Meant to be going to a wedding in Cyprus in May, but can't see it going ahead as this is only going to get worse.

Payment is supposed to come out of my bank in a week for it. Does anyone know if I bought insurance now whether it would cover any cancellations for Corona? 

Â