Generic Virus Thread

villakram

This has hit the world much harder than I thought, but have an iffy feeling this hasn't quite reached the US yet. Wonder how the financial markets will react and I wonder how well they can contain it when it's basically private across the board there. 

How will they contain and control sick people without medical insurance? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Screenshot_20200311_175022_com.opera.browser.jpg

I knew that was going to happen. And I was annoyed enough already that @wazzap24 had used my Wuhan Clan gag that I totally made up all on my own weeks ago (but had never found an opportunity to post on VT). :bang:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Have to say I’ve had similar thoughts.

If you take empathy and emotion out of this (two key elements of being human) then from a survival of the species perspective maybe this isn’t a bad thing. It’s targeting the old and infirm, with all due respect that’s the two most resource sapping elements of our society.

We all know we’re overpopulated, perhaps this is nature restoring some balance.

Removing the country of the elderly and infirm? I think Pol Pot and Hitler shared similar views ;)

You could say the elderly and infirm are the people who have (probably) worked hard all their lives and now deserve to be looked after when they are at their most vulnerable. We are different from animals and don't discard our weak, unlucky and vulnerable. Thats why we have a welfare system, even though they could be described as "resource sapping" as well. :)

On a different note, I was in work the other day and it was busier than ever. A lot of presentism going on I feel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

How so? 

Seen a few clips of huge amounts of homeless there. Similar to LA and SF in that respect. Seems to have exploded in recent years. 

27 minutes ago, sne said:

Seattle in Washington is apparently in pretty bad shape.

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

It was before the virus!

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

How so? 

you've seen the average Seahawks fan they are like something out of 28 days later :)

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

Removing the country of the elderly and infirm? I think Pol Pot and Hitler shared similar views ;)

You could say the elderly and infirm are the people who have (probably) worked hard all their lives and now deserve to be looked after when they are at their most vulnerable. We are different from animals and don't discard our weak, unlucky and vulnerable. Thats why we have a welfare system, even though they could be described as "resource sapping" as well. :)

On a different note, I was in work the other day and it was busier than ever. A lot of presentism going on I feel. 

Hmmmm, okay thanks.

It's kinda why I said you have to remove empathy and emotion to take the view but.......cool.

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hmmmm, okay thanks.

It's kinda why I said you have to remove empathy and emotion to take the view but.......cool.

I wasn't having a pop at you, hence the winky face, apologies if you thought that.  I was just offering a counter argument as its a point I have seen made quite a lot on Twitter and other places. 

• Like 1

Â