Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Nope. The legislation in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland made no reference to the number of times.

If I wanted to go out for six runs in one day this time last week, that was fully permitted by the rules.

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020, section 6.2 (b) if you're interested. 

Ok, so you knew the answer to your question all along. This is the gap between government guidelines and what was written into law debate again. Nice one, you got me.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ok, so you knew the answer to your question all along. This is the gap between government guidelines and what was written into law debate again.

Well yes. If somebody starts an exchange with "it's perfectly clear, it's obviously x", and then proceeds to give an incorrect understanding then it rather proves the point of people saying that it's not clear.

No?

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A lot of the situations are really not extreme. 

The most common one is whether You can meet one parent or both parents in the park, or in their garden. 

And there doesn’t seem to be a clear answer. 

that’s hardly an extreme situation. 

Yes, that’s a fair one... but sooner or later someone will ask about adopted parents, or parents that can’t get to a park but can get to a nature reserve :lol: 

18 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Well yes. If somebody starts an exchange with "it's perfectly clear, it's obviously x", and then proceeds to give an incorrect understanding then it rather proves the point of people saying that it's not clear.

No?

The government doesn’t need to legislate everything though does it? Some people are willing to follow government guidance without a need for legislation to back it up. Such people may well have been exercising once per day and may now consider exercising multiple times. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

And if you can see that, why can’t the government?

If they can be this sloppy about a pandemic, what the merry **** would cause them to actually concentrate?

Because nobody can write down every permutation.

People will still ask why they can’t see their aunt who raised them like a mother after she was killed.

Just now, Genie said:

Because nobody can write down every permutation.

People will still ask why they can’t see their aunt who raised them like a mother after she was killed.

I reckon, given a 6 figure salary, The Treasury, the civil service, and slightly reduced use of VT, I need half an hour to knock out something better and more precise and more easily understood than the vague nonsense this bunch has cobbled together and not even proof read.

Page 31.

Since 23 March the Government has asked people to only leave the house for very limited purposes and this has been extraordinarily disruptive to people's lives. In particular this has affected the isolated and vulnerable, and those who live alone. As restrictions continue, the Government is considering a range of options to reduce the most harmful social effects to make the measures more sustainable. For example, the Government has asked SAGE to examine whether, when and how it can safely change the regulations to allow people to expand their household group to include one other household in the same exclusive group.29 The intention of this change would be to allow those who are isolated some more social contact, and to reduce the most harmful effects of the current social restrictions, while continuing to limit the risk of chains of transmission. It would also support some families to return to work by, for example, allowing two households to share childcare.30 This could be based on the New Zealand model of household "bubbles" where a single "bubble" is the people you live with.31 As in New Zealand, the rationale behind keeping household groups small is to limit the number of social contacts people have and, in particular, to limit the risk of interhousehold transmissions.32 In addition, the Government is also examining how to enable people to gather in slightly larger groups to better facilitate small weddings. Over the coming weeks, the Government will engage on the nature and timing of the measures in this step, in order to consider the widest possible array of views on how best to balance the health, economic and social effects.

They'#ll think about the timing of it over the coming weeks. Christ. 

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I reckon, given a 6 figure salary, The Treasury, the civil service, and slightly reduced use of VT, I need half an hour to knock out something better and more precise and more easily understood than the vague nonsense this bunch has cobbled together and not even proof read.

How does the 6 figure salary help you write the document?

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Can you go to Snowdon if you wanted to?

You can but I won't let you through the front door. :mrgreen:

Edit: For clarity, you is plural you not singular you (as in ChrisP). ;)

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

How does the 6 figure salary help you write the document?

If I was earning a 6 figure salary as the Prime Minister of a country during a pandemic, I’d give my day job quite a lot of my attention. 

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Page 31.

They'#ll think about the timing of it over the coming weeks. Christ. 

Surely there's have to be some sort of centralised register of these nominated +1s?

Once nominated, are we permanently shackled to the other household? Can we get a divorce or annulment?

Â