Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I'm probably in the minority here but I think last night's announcement was pretty clear.

• If you haven't been working and can't work from home you can return from Wednesday. He then outlined the businesses that would be unable to resume.
  • Exercise is now unlimited from Wednesday onwards.

Right now that's all the information we have been given.

He then made clear that on Monday night he would go into further details of the phase and subsequent phases.

Why is there such a backlash? The changes don't apply until Wednesday, tonight he will clarify information and answer questions.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Did you watch the episode of 'Dirty Money' on Netflix about that scandal? An absolutely wild situation, and a terrible crime.

Funnily enough, yes 

(Alex Gibney's work is excellent imo)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I'm probably in the minority here but I think last night's announcement was pretty clear.

• If you haven't been working and can't work from home you can return from Wednesday. He then outlined the businesses that would be unable to resume.

He then made clear that on Monday night he would go into further details of the phase and subsequent phases.

Why is there such a backlash? The changes don't apply until Wednesday, tonight he will clarify information and answer questions.

I think the issue is why make a thing out of an announcement and then leave it so vague, this in turn will then be interpreted different ways by different people. The biggest joke for me is we are all allowed to sit in the park all day and sunbathe if we want as long as the people near us are not related, if they are related there can only be one of them. Can Covid distinguish that we know each other now? We can go to work and be 2m away from the same person for 9 hours but cant sit 2m away from family outside?

20 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Because he didn’t say the changes don’t occur until Wednesday.

People are cramming tube trains and the Tories own MPs aren’t clear on the message. 

If you’ve understood it then that’s great, but it’s abundantly clear that lots of people find it vague and confusing. People aren’t pretending to be confused

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think the issue is why make a thing out of an announcement and then leave it so vague, this in turn will then be interpreted different ways by different people. The biggest joke for me is we are all allowed to sit in the park all day and sunbathe if we want as long as the people near us are not related, if they are related there can only be one of them. Can Covid distinguish that we know each other now? We can go to work and be 2m away from the same person for 9 hours but cant sit 2m away from family outside?

Agree on that, they should outlaid the plan and then gone into specifics all in an evening. Leaving 24 hours between doing both was always going to leave some people unhappy.

On the family subject I think they are worried that people will take the piss. I know they will around my area, they already are in some cases. However they need to outline this tonight.

30 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Can you go to Snowdon if you wanted to?

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

How is that different to before?

Previously it was limited to once per day.

The government’s priority is to save lives and the best way to protect yourself and others from illness is to stay at home.

However, exercise is still important for people’s physical and mental wellbeing, so the government has said people can leave their homes for exercise once a day.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-guidance-on-access-to-green-spaces

How many pages of people clearly stating their confusion?

How many people in the park (on that police tweet)?

How many people crammed on the tube this morning?

How many arrests and hospital admissions on VE day?

And yet people still stating they don't get what the problem is because of their perception and level of understanding.

Staggering blindness to the realities playing out in front of us all. Truly staggering.

Edited by VILLAMARV
Wordwang
  • Like 1

There seems to be some confusion over whether meeting one person (with social distancing) is picking one person to keep meeting or meeting one person at a time - Hancock says you can meet you mom in the morning and your dad in the afternoon, but apparently that's not supported by the document.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

No, but you could if it was in England?

People living in England could, if it was in England. I still couldn’t.

Although, I can already go out to exercise as many times a day as I want.

If I lived within reasonable walking distance of Snowdon, I could go up and down it all day.

But cannot sit on it.

Edited by chrisp65

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Nope. The legislation in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland made no reference to the number of times.

If I wanted to go out for six runs in one day this time last week, that was perfectly legal.

The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (England) Regulations 2020, section 6.2 (b) if you're interested. 

Edited by ml1dch

Â