Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I respect this guy on a level of the hugest respect,  **** hero, and I **** love that he did not do photos. THE MAN. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/09/colleagues-honour-nhs-nurse-who-died-after-contracting-covid-

Colleagues honour NHS nurse who died after contracting Covid-19

Two-minute silence held for father-of-four Augustine Agyei-Mensah, a highly regarded learning disabilities nurse

Augustine Agyei-Mensah  Augustine Agyei-Mensah was dedicated to his young family. Photograph: PA

Tributes have been paid to a learning disabilities nurse who died after testing positive for coronavirus.

Augustine Agyei-Mensah, known to his colleagues as Gus, was described as a “highly regarded team member” at Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS foundation trust (NHFT).

Edited by Jareth

Today was the first time I've felt despair about this calamity. Actual despair. The USA is so **** up and it's like we're watching it all come crashing down in slow motion as we enter into a dystopian nightmare state. Half the country believe our top scientists are collaborating on a diabolical scheme with Bill Gates and George Soros to rob them of their "liberty". It's unbelievable. If Trump wins in November, it's over. I'll be looking to move to another country. Let me know if any of you guys has an attic with a cot.

• Like 2

Coronavirus: UK sent 50,000 Covid-19 samples to US for testing

The government has admitted sending about 50,000 coronavirus tests to the US last week for processing after "operational issues" in UK labs.

The Department of Health said sending swabs abroad are among the contingencies to deal with "teething problems".

The samples were airlifted to the US in chartered flights from Stansted Airport, the Sunday Telegraph said.

Results will be validated in the UK and sent to patients as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, the government has sent an urgent alert to hospitals recalling 15.8m protective goggles due to safety concerns.

Although the "Tiger Eye" protectors, purchased in 2009 during the swine flue pandemic, were in CE marked boxes - meaning they should have met European Union safety requirements - the goggles have since been retested and do not provide proper splash protection.

...more

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Let me know if any of you guys has an attic with a cot.

You will have to get used to attics being used for Christmas trees and cots for children

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Today was the first time I've felt despair about this calamity. Actual despair. The USA is so **** up and it's like we're watching it all come crashing down in slow motion as we enter into a dystopian nightmare state. Half the country believe our top scientists are collaborating on a diabolical scheme with Bill Gates and George Soros to rob them of their "liberty". It's unbelievable. If Trump wins in November, it's over. I'll be looking to move to another country. Let me know if any of you guys has an attic with a cot.

Don't come over here. We're probably only a few years behind being that nuts as well. 

Herd immunity via the back door. Tell people to stay home but give very lax lockdown rules so that very little legislation is enforceable by the police. The media do the rest with their headlines.
Thousands more will die but the experiment goes on with plausible deniability.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Herd immunity via the back door. Tell people to stay home but give very lax lockdown rules so that very little legislation is enforceable by the police. The media do the rest with their headlines.

Its the only logical explanation for their decisions from day one. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This sounds about right.  Especially when I hear things like people will be allowed to exercise twice a day instead of once.

Â