Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This sounds about right.  Especially when I hear things like people will be allowed to exercise twice a day instead of once.

We are still allowed to do none yes ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This sounds about right.  Especially when I hear things like people will be allowed to exercise twice a day instead of once.

In England, there is no maximum 'once per day' exercise allowance.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

People in England have been able to exercise as many times per day as they want. It was only in Wales that it was legally restricted to once per day.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

taylor swift what GIF

Nappies are not even remotely close to booze. 

Caveat. In the Tescos I have visited. 

Edited by Seat68

I mentioned yesterday the car industry are in contact with the goverment and are due to open dealerships in a phased process tomorrow,  so there's a huge hint what's going to happen. I've been working a home but our company alone have 7000 employees around the uk.

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

In England, there is no maximum 'once per day' exercise allowance.

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

People in England have been able to exercise as many times per day as they want. It was only in Wales that it was legally restricted to once per day.

Didn’t realise that. The government website says this:

• one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household

not that it matters. It’s not like they will know how many times a person has left the house to ‘excersie’.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t realise that. The government website says this:

• one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household

not that it matters. It’s not like they will know how many times a person has left the house to ‘excersie’.

That is the government 'guidance'.

Government 'guidance' is not law (though it may go towards informing the interpretation of it) and people in this country should really know better than to consider it so.

The law (for England) is available here and it says:

Restrictions on movement

6.—(1) During the emergency period, no person may leave* the place where they are living without reasonable excuse.

(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1), a reasonable excuse includes the need—

(b)to take exercise either alone or with other members of their household;

* now 'leave or be outside of'

Edited by snowychap
Edited for further info

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Government advice is not law and numerous constabularies and individual police officers should really know better than to consider it so.

It’s a problem with catchy slogans. Someone writes up 32 pages of legislation but everyone wants to just use the power point summary slide.

In a way, we’re lucky the advice wasn’t ‘thank you and please sign the attendance sheet on your way out’.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, Once per day was certainly mentioned.

Of course it was mentioned, as the other poster says it's on the government website.

It isn't the law, though.

Just because Johnson may 'mention' something tonight it won't make it the law unless the law is amended or revoked.

I'd very much caution anyone at all before relying upon what the Prime Minister says tonight when it comes to their position with regard to the law.

The law was not in place until a couple of days after the original Johnson announcement was made, IIRC (Thursday afternoon and the announcement was on the Monday/Tuesday evening?).

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sorry Anchorman GIF by reactionseditor

:)

Mine was a comment borne out of frustration - not just on this particular issue which has been covered numerous times over the past half dozen weeks but a general point about (not) trusting UK governments.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

Â