Generic Virus Thread

villakram

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, that's true, though frankly the Welsh government should change that regulation.

Law surely?

Luckily, snowy will be along to clear it up for us 😀

Confusing though isn't it.

(I think they* said it changes tomorrow)

*The Senedd people

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, that's true, though frankly the Welsh government should change that regulation.

Typical saes, thinking they know what’s best for others.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

If that is the Government guidance then one would hope and expect the regulations to remove the restriction about having a 'reasonable excuse' to leave or be outside of the place where you are living otherwise it's utterly meaningless.

Again it just looks like plausible deniability to me. 

They know this will mean people will start going out more. But there’s enough words in there that they can say “well we did tell you not to go out if possible, and to be alert and that. We said all the right things”

• Like 3

That's the problem with this government though isn't it.  Lots of words and very little action.  

Reminds me of watching Villa managed by Bruce.

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

A really useful piece from an American expert on where risks occur.

Though it does say on his home page that she's a Prof of Biology but he isn't claiming to be an expert on Coronavirus, medicine or preparedness whilst getting all info directly from experts in their fields.

Allowing for that and accepting that what he's saying is correct and duly informed (which I am), I return to a point I made in an earlier exchange about people being out in public spaces but keeping their distance and having picnics, sunbathing, spending all day out, this is what is said about bogs, including public bogs:

A Bathroom: Bathrooms have a lot of high touch surfaces, door handles, faucets, stall doors. So fomite transfer risk in this environment can be high. We still do not know whether a person releases infectious material in feces or just fragmented virus, but we do know that toilet flushing does aerosolize many droplets. Treat public bathrooms with extra caution (surface and air), until we know more about the risk.

I think the most important points I take from the link, which you quoted above, are:

...Social distancing guidelines don't hold in indoor spaces where you spend a lot of time, as people on the opposite side of the room were infected.

Social distancing rules are really to protect you with brief exposures or outdoor exposures.

I don't think that is what is being promoted in people's minds when distancing is talked about. It would appear to me that the concept is being put out there as applying equally as a precaution wherever one is, inside or outside.

Edited by snowychap
Eek - assumptions

9 covid related deaths reported for Wales for yesterday.

When lock down was called on 23rd March, the cumulative total up to and including that day was 16.

Doesn’t feel like the right time to be loosening any laws or guidance.

• Like 2

The reproduction rate in Germany is now at 1.1 just days after lifting some lock down restrictions. I'd imagine we will be in a similar position with in the next week or so.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Doesn’t feel like the right time to be loosening any laws or guidance.

I completely agree, but is there anything being loosened? Garden centres reopening seems like it’s happening. Everything else the same?

Â