Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, snowychap said:

Isn't that some sort of cocktail? :)

If not then it should be.

A slice of Parma ham instead of a lemon twist and you're good to go.

• Like 2

Just saw Trump chatting to some journos about a hospital ship, then casually drops in the bomb that they’re discussing quarantining New York and New Jersey. 

It was like he’s musing on whether to have a BBQ this afternoon or not. Absolutely wild. 

• Like 1

Well, that was a strange 10 minutes. We just had a whole load of Domino’s pizza delivered. Trouble was, we didn’t order any.

So I was trying to tell the guy we didn’t order any, but he was rightly concerned that I didn’t open the door to speak to him. So he put it all on the step and walked back down to the pavement, so I could open the door and explain we hadn’t ordered. Then close the door so he could come back and check the order then take it away again. Misreading of a door number by the looks of it.

Meanwhile, the kids are going full postal that I’m rejecting free pizza!

Personally, I’m not sure where boxes of pizza stand on the whole not touching stuff other people have touched sort of thing? I get that the food is hot and cooked and most likely prepped in a good environment? But delivery Dave in his Rat Honda Civic? Not so sure.

• Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

Just saw Trump chatting to some journos about a hospital ship, then casually drops in the bomb that they’re discussing quarantining New York and New Jersey. 

It was like he’s musing on whether to have a BBQ this afternoon or not. Absolutely wild. 

Way to start a stampede

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Hate him or hate him. He knows how to entertain. Perhaps, I think, better than anybody.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well, that was a strange 10 minutes. We just had a whole load of Domino’s pizza delivered. Trouble was, we didn’t order any.

So I was trying to tell the guy we didn’t order any, but he was rightly concerned that I didn’t open the door to speak to him. So he put it all on the step and walked back down to the pavement, so I could open the door and explain we hadn’t ordered. Then close the door so he could come back and check the order then take it away again. Misreading of a door number by the looks of it.

Personally, I’m not sure where boxes of pizza stand on the whole not touching stuff other people have touched sort of thing? I get that the food is hot and cooked and most likely prepped in a good environment? But delivery Dave in his Rat Honda Civic? Not so sure.

All packaging from any source including from the shops, postman, or takeaways. must be handled with great care.

Assume it’s radioactive. If anyone who handled it has the virus they COULD have infected it. Best evidence at present is it can last several hours on packaging.

- open carefully, preferably outside, preferably with gloves, preferably having wiped first. Dispose of carefully. Wash your hands.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

He is the personification of deranged.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We’ve had a Dominoes in the past week. 

I managed to get some alcohol wipes a couple of weeks ago and I gave the boxes a wipe over with those before dishing up, just be on the safe side. I read somewhere hard surfaces are an issue, but cardboard/envelopes not so much,  but that was back at the start when people were worried about having stuff shipped from China though. Not seen much on it since, other than pictures of people washing their shopping in a bath! 

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

All packaging from any source including from the shops, postman, or takeaways. must be handled with great care.

Assume it’s radioactive. If anyone who handled it has the virus they COULD have infected it. Best evidence at present is it can last several hours on packaging.

- open carefully, preferably outside, preferably with gloves, preferably having wiped first. Dispose of carefully. Wash your hands.

That's pretty much what I've been doing - except the post - I just leave it alone for 3 days (72 hours), then open it carefully.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Awol said:

Mentioned that scenario a month or so back.

Escape From New York Movie Poster - ID: 90258 - Image Abyss

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, blandy said:

That's pretty much what I've been doing - except the post - I just leave it alone for 3 days (72 hours), then open it carefully.

Same, as I am now wfh I have took to hiding it from the mrs for a few days as she thinks I am losing the plot.

Last night had takeout. Only I handled the boxes must have washed my hands 6 times plating it up and chucking the boxes.

38 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Way to start a stampede

Apparently authorities in Rhode Island are searching house-to-house for people who’ve fled from NYC to put them into 14 day quarantine. Incredible stuff. 

Â