Generic Virus Thread

villakram

24 minutes ago, av1 said:

Whilst I'm sure we may have all seen/experienced people being idiots over the last few weeks, has anyone else felt that generally people seem to be being nicer to each other in the last week or so?

Not been to the shops for a while but I’ve been going out for a daily walk and most people nod , smile or say hello , have a little chat about the weather whilst doing all they can to keep a distance ... few teenage kids I’ve encountered on the walk seem to have that teenage kid scowl on their face and don’t nod and smile  but that’s kinda some teenagers for you so no biggie 

caught a man and his son fishing in the local lake yesterday that I’m a member of , had a little chat with them about fishing and Boris catching the virus and what not , figured they weren’t doing any harm even if the lake is officially shut and they shouldn’t be there ... they are isolated , getting some fresh air and the dad is spending some time with his son , there’s enough going on the world without me turning into a gestapo officer telling them fishing is verboten 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think over the years on here you get to filter out the nutters, the preppers, the drama queens and the people that believe ‘pass it on’ posts on facebook.

I’ve got you in the ‘generally untrustworthy tory dickwad’ category.

(obvs not really)

Too right he’s a proper shady character is our Mark 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sweden mentioned at the beginning and at the end. Shows just how bonkers our approach to it is. :(

Obviously this guy is not the only expert in the field and there more than one way to skin a cat.

37 minutes ago, av1 said:

Whilst I'm sure we may have all seen/experienced people being idiots over the last few weeks, has anyone else felt that generally people seem to be being nicer to each other in the last week or so?

I've just got back from Tesco in Dudley and whilst the queue to get in was bloody huge, social distancing was being respected and everyone seemed pretty good natured. It was the same when I finally got in, everyone just seemed polite and friendly.  

It just seems like most people are really starting to understand the severity of what's happening and are pulling together. It's nice to see..

Yes. For the most part it’s been wonderful. Of course we will read nasty cases in the paper...those assholes have always been there and won’t go away, and the papers can’t publish “ nothing nasty happened today in large parts of the UK”......but millions and millions ( billions even) are stoical, considerate, and kind where it’s possible.

36 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was talking to an old friend earlier today, she works on the counter at Morrisons. She said that those new perspex screens have gone up because 99% of people are much nicer and more polite and more appreciative than they’ve ever seen before. But unfortunately 1% are really struggling, and taking it out on them.

I guess maybe with some there could be underlying violence and mental health issues and the current regime is turning the screw on people that were already struggling to hold it together in the outside world.

In similar vein, burglary down, car theft down, shoplifting down. Domestic violence up.

Road traffic deaths and accidents almost vanished. Air pollution gone. I saw a report from China where it’s reckoned thousands of people who would’ve died from air pollution this year are alive due to the decrease in pollution.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Not sure if its been mentioned on here or anywhere but I'm starting to smell a rat (and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble), could this virus be a terror attack.

As a percentile I'd guess the chances are fairly low that it was deliberately released? Those in the know have been expecting something like this for years.

another 260 deaths in the uk. Takes the total over 1000 (1019) Just under 7000 tests done yesterday, 35% of them positivie. Seems that these are still pretty much only people being hospitalised (& celebs/politicians i guess) so who knows how many are not in the numbers that have just died at home & are not being included in the deaths. May aswell just use random number generators for everything really.

Edited by LakotaDakota

Please remember deaths today relate to infections from 5-14 days ago.....so there’s nothing surprising about the increase, it will increase dramatically for a week or so. The time anything can be learnt from the figures is after that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

This is pretty astonishing. There's not even enough **** scrubs. The NHS is so desperate for supplies they're reaching out to kink suppliers. 

**** scandalous.

But, you know, people clapped the other night. And vote Tory.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

Calling it 'Swine Flu' is as much a misnomer as calling the 1918 flu Spanish. For instance the Netherlands called it Mexican Flu not Swine Flu. 

Sorry I'll give it it's correct name next time Pandemic H1N1/09 virus, trouble is no one will have an igloo

Its mental in the hospitals (mrs is a nurse). Most staff now being transferred to the cronovirurus areas to help out. They have kit but not enough and Mrs was saying its hard to stay in full kit apron, mask visor for a full 12 hour shift, also its tables, handles, beds etc, you have to be so careful althpugh its everywhere. Mrs said she will get it guaranteed, but then it's me and my lad too. God knows what people are supposed to do when they have family being front line NHS.

• Sad 3

16 minutes ago, Xann said:

As a percentile I'd guess the chances are fairly low that it was deliberately released? Those in the know have been expecting something like this for 

The world wide secret service networks overlap that much that it has till now (maybe) been impossible to get anything at pandemic level through the net. Doubt we will ever know how many dastardly plans have been foiled over the years.

Â