Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Apparently NY churches are going to defy Trump and stay closed over Easter and on Easter Sunday. They saying among other things that Trump's push for Americans to attend church together in a couple weeks is "stunningly unethical," adding "Easter is a celebration of love and victory over death. The best symbol of that will be empty churches on Easter Sunday."

Can't see Trump throwing a tantrum and hitting out against the church so I imagine he will change his story to that he's been pushing for them to be closed all along.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Where's Johnny?

Global condom shortage looms as coronavirus shuts down production

My favourite part of this story is the picture:

3394.jpg?width=1920&quality=85&auto=form

Crikey. Basing this purely on myself I think they may be missing a trick here as I reckon they could produce 3 condoms out of the material they are using to make one.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Stuck in for months, with a condom shortage. The quaranteens really will be a thing in a decade or so. :) 

They're going to be first-born kids.

Not much of that is going to be happening in a house under lockdown that already had children climbing the walls in it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Not much of that is going to be happening in a house under lockdown that already had children climbing the walls in it.

Speaking from personal experience I can sadly confirm you are correct.

L.A Clippers owner Steve Ballmer and his wife has donated $25m to help fight Covid-19. $10 MILLION of that pledge is earmarked for the Univ. of Washington Medicine’s Emergency Response Fund to expedite testing for a vaccine.

He's worth billions so it won't put a dent in his pocket but that's still a lot of money that will be very much of use to those working against it.

• Like 2

Wuhan partially reopening again now, nobody is allowed to leave the city but people are allowed to enter... 🤔

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-52075022

The city in China where the coronavirus pandemic began, Wuhan, has partially re-opened after more than two months of isolation.

Crowds of passengers were pictured arriving at Wuhan train station on Saturday.

People are being allowed to enter but not leave, according to reports.

Edited by leighavfc

I know most of what he says is just verbal diarrhea, but this type of communication really is hopeless at a time like this:

Incredible that he can have been president throughout months of this crisis, and presumably thousands of briefings, and he can't even vaguely articulate what the virus is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I know most of what he says is just verbal diarrhea, but this type of communication really is hopeless at a time like this:

Incredible that he can have been president throughout months of this crisis, and presumably thousands of briefings, and he can't even vaguely articulate what the virus is.

Wasn’t he just recently on video talking about how ‘doctors were amazed at how much he knew about it, largely due to his uncle being a medical genius’ or some total bullshit along those lines?

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

What are people's views on the UK still allowing flights in? 

Had a look early and there are still flights coming in from Italy, France, Spain etc.

Seems a total joke when you have police flying drones around instructing people to not go for walks in the countryside.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Wasn’t he just recently on video talking about how ‘doctors were amazed at how much he knew about it, largely due to his uncle being a medical genius’ or some total bullshit along those lines?

Yes.

This video desperately needs another couple of minutes adding to it.

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Had a look early and there are still flights coming in from Italy, France, Spain etc.

It’s almost as though we’re doing it in a slightly half arsed way.

I’m being told to attend a building site 2 days next week, it’s a government contract and they’ve declined the suggestion they should close it down.

I’m kinda hoping I’m stopped en route by the police. Is your journey essential? No, I don’t think so, I’m going to look at some office windows. But a government ministry have said I still have to do it. There will be people there from 3 different cities. 

But I mustn’t walk along the beach I can see from my window, that’s too dangerous.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Was told earlier in the week they were shutting imminently, but obviously that hasn’t happened.

Anyone still leaving on holiday has a screw loose imo, but we do still have 100,000’s citizens abroad. Suppose they are part of the argument for keeping airports open, although that might be hard to sustain when our casualties start mounting up. 

• Like 1

I am weighing up how likely I am to be stopped by the police if I drive a couple of hours down the motorway to see my other half.

Is a 4 hour round trip to get my leg over essential? Possibly not. But we've both been isolated entirely for over a week, and still won't be seeing anyone else for weeks. I think I might just assume I'll get the fine and take it on the chin.

Â