Generic Virus Thread

villakram

36 year old staff nurse in Walsall manor "Fighting for her life" according to the Birmingham Mail

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/fit-healthy-walsall-staff-nurse-17961182?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

A 'fit and healthy' Walsall staff nurse is fighting for her life in hospital after being diagnosed with coronavirus, her devastated family has said.

Areema Nasreen, a mum-of-three, tested positive for the virus after developing a soaring temperature, body aches and a cough.

Crikey getting younger and younger, maybe this case is down to the amount of exposure shes had ?

• Sad 3

Roughly 40% of the people being treated at hospitals in the US for the virus are between 20-54 apparently.

This myth that it only effects the elderly is both wrong and dangerous.

Stats from the US might be a bit skewed with their health care system being what it is.

DOJ seeks new emergency powers amid coronavirus pandemic

The Justice Department has quietly asked Congress for the ability to ask chief judges to detain people indefinitely without trial during emergencies — part of a push for new powers that comes as the coronavirus spreads through the United States.

Documents reviewed by POLITICO detail the department’s requests to lawmakers on a host of topics, including the statute of limitations, asylum and the way court hearings are conducted. POLITICO also reviewed and previously reported on documents seeking the authority to extend deadlines on merger reviews and prosecutions.

A Justice Department spokesperson declined to comment on the documents.

...more

10 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Prime minister to adress the nation tonight. Meanwhile on an after ski in Åre.

ETstAk5UUAAyYGM.jpg

Yeah, I have friends who are up there. I just don't get them, think they are acting like idiots. Not sure if they are actually going to after ski thou.

That some places are still open and are taking in 499 people so to not break the 500 rule is almost criminal.

Have some other friends who live just outside of Åre and they are staying at home and acting like adults.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I am in a state of bewilderment mixed with disappointment and anger with my local population.

At 830 this morning I went to my local Tesco just for fuel, knowing the store wasn’t due to open until 10am. I still have to go into work so need petrol.

i was a little surprised to see a queue of traffic trying to get into the car park but thought it could also be for fuel (which could be tomorrow’s toilet roll and horders choice!) but no...

petrol station empty and loads of morons, queuing with their trollies out of the car park and up the slip road... not only queuing but all clustered together like idiots

absolute morons the lot of them... it’ll be like a swarm of locust in there when the doors finally open

clearly the government’s message of stay away, socially distance and don’t horde shop is not getting through to the six fingered folk of south Devon.

😡😡😡

I usually do my main supermarket shop on a Sunday morning. Gave it a swerve as it no doubt would have been carnage. Popped into a Tesco Express nearby instead at about 11am. Got milk, toilet roll, kitchen roll and bread in stock. Not many people in there either. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

36 year old staff nurse in Walsall manor "Fighting for her life" according to the Birmingham Mail

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/fit-healthy-walsall-staff-nurse-17961182?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Crikey getting younger and younger, maybe this case is down to the amount of exposure shes had ?

Awful :( 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I usually do my main supermarket shop on a Sunday morning. Gave it a swerve as it no doubt would have been carnage. Popped into a Tesco Express nearby instead at about 11am. Got milk, toilet roll, kitchen roll and bread in stock. Not many people in there either. 

brLcb3d.png

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-tesco-shoppers-fight-crush-21733637

What is wrong with people.

Edited by Kuwabatake Sanjuro
  • Sad 1

Just now, It's Your Round said:

This belief that many have that the virus only hurts old people, is a very, very dangerous one. 

Yes, it can strike anyone sadly but generally the older population have less chance of surviving it. I read yesterday that the average age of the victims in Italy is 78. Not sure about the UK yet.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Thank you for this. A lot of these I read of people who are at home trying to get through it I think shouldn't you be in hospital. Temperature of 39+, tightness in chest, breathing problems. I know @LakotaDakota had similar problems and had a paramedic come out who didn't feel he needed to be in hospital. In a lot of cases that may turn out to be true but surely some with these symptoms are going to stay home and be in real danger of it becoming life threatening.  It is scary as if I had those symptoms or saw my wife or kids with them I'd be wanting to get them to the hospital.

You are actually, in many cases, going to be worse off in hospital. Hospital will increase the viral load (exposure to the virus) and it'll keep coming at you

You need to resist that temptation as much as you can

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

What is wrong with people.

Scared, reckless, uneducated and plenty of others. 

I'm avoiding the super/hyper markets now. Will stick to the convenience stores. As a single bloke living on his own, I don't need huge amounts to get by anyway. 

Â