Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

Jeez.....get a grip ffs

i'm assuming these posts are tongue in cheek....

I'm afraid they are not. There were also posts about how this will be good for the earth as there are lesser people.

All the people who think that way have a very easy way to make it "easier on the planet".

Gloryfying the tragedy of that choice being made for poor families around the world is absolutely disgusting. 

• Like 1

Just hope it doesn't turn ugly in the streets with people acting like morons so the healthcare system have to handle a bunch of injured police and protesters on top of the Corona cases.

• Like 3

This Twitter account is usually locked, so this post may disappear soon, but the idea of a London lockdown beginning sooner than Monday isn't just a Twitter rumour, there's an article in the FT heavily hinting at it:

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

partly as the nhs is being swamped way beyond anything being reported .. 

Partner said exactly the same to me earlier too! Shes was shocked at how much actual testing was going on too. Also commented about how many absolute braindead morons were going into hospitals with the symptoms!!!!!!!!! 

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

The problem with shutting the schools: its the only meal some kids get and its where the kids don’t get punched.

They’ve literally been buying time to work out a plan for the at risk kids.

Exactly this mate, a friend of ours who teaches at a school in Aston has said they have been asked to make donations towards a fund. This fund will be there for the kids in poverty who will get help if the school has to shut down completely. Poverty upsets me the most... even more so with something like this going on. If you can help someone in a situation like this please do folks, it will definitely help some people out there 😥

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sne said:

Tin foil hat on: Anyone think that China are holding back from reporting new cases for now but will report a huge lump of them before long that they will blame on Europe and other countries not acting in time so the party can come out of it blameless? 

Yep they are reporting 1 case from china the rest from goods received from outside of China... I wouldnt a believe a f*****g word they say tbh

1 hour ago, Genie said:

How on Earth can you just steal money from rich people because you don’t want them to have it any more?

That’s a fairly grim assessment of what I actually wrote. It’s not stealing, it’s borrowing (and offering an in-line-with-inflation interest rate) and it’s not because ‘I don’t want them to have it any more’ - it’s because the world is on its knees economically and it’s needed to kickstart everything again (in this hypothetical future).

Obviously won’t happen anyway, but if they shut everything down and it stays down for too long things are going to get crazy and who knows what measures may be implemented. 

I’m far more concerned about the impacts of the measures being brought about as a result of the virus rather than the virus itself at this stage.

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This Twitter account is usually locked, so this post may disappear soon, but the idea of a London lockdown beginning sooner than Monday isn't just a Twitter rumour, there's an article in the FT heavily hinting at it:

The article can be accessed via a Google search, otherwise it is behind the paywall.

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I can’t see your links , but think  its This article ?

London is facing a lockdown, possibly before the weekend, as Boris Johnson prepares sweeping new measures, including school closures, to tackle the rapid spread of the coronavirus.

Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland’s first minister, said the UK government was about to announce “more stringent measures” for London, which Mr Johnson has conceded has become the country’s worst affected region.

Asked how far the UK was from a “complete lockdown”, Ms Sturgeon said the capital city might see tougher measures first because it was further ahead on the “curve” of the outbreak.

Scotland’s first minister is fully briefed on UK-wide coronavirus measures and Mr Johnson’s team admitted that officials were considering big new restrictions to daily life in London. “Things are moving fast,” one said.

In the UK, more than 700 cases have been reported in the past 24 hours, bringing the total to 2,626. The UK death toll has jumped by 33 to 104, with 32 of the fatalities in England and one in Scotland.

A decision on whether to lock down London, similar to the shutdown in force in cities such as Paris and Brussels, would be based on the latest advice presented to the Cobra emergency committee, which met on Wednesday.

Restrictions could include the closure of public transport, with pharmacies or supermarkets among the only outlets to remain open. Officials briefed on the plans say that shopping areas in the capital could be closed down, with police deployed to prevent looting.

Mr Johnson declined at a press conference to comment, but referring to a question on whether the capital would be closed, he said: “We don’t rule out — and it would be wrong to do so — taking further and faster measures in due course.”[\quote]

Edited by tonyh29
  • Thanks 1

Worcs hospital has been very, very quiet the last three days.  For a site that's famous for lack of parking, there's been loads available.

We have 4 confirmed cases of Covid19, but wow, it's strange.

Edited by lapal_fan

The shopping centre opposite our office is closing from Friday, if someone would like to steal it (The shopping centre not loot the shops) only the zombies will notice. It's owned by the council and they appear to be going into full lockdown mode at close of business Friday

I have a medical booked tomorrow with ouR training partners at 8:30, the council offices are opposite so I have to walk across the road to register for my Taxi licence. I've never done it so early. (it's up at the end of the month) I'm usually a day or so before it's due.ive been panicking a bit over it in case they shut down before the medical is done. Couldn't give a shit about the DBS check, the council will let me work until it comes through anyway and the DVLA check is online anyway. If I don't get my licence I can't drive after the last day of the month as the vehicle I use is played and to drive it without the taxi badge is illegal. I haven't properly taxied for a couple of weeks but I need the car to get the Fambo shopping in

Bloke in the "World Store" on Erdington High Street told me I'll need to buy my fags before end of play Friday as they might "have" to close for 2 weeks.

This might be bigger than just London.

24 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

That’s a fairly grim assessment of what I actually wrote. It’s not stealing, it’s borrowing (and offering an in-line-with-inflation interest rate) and it’s not because ‘I don’t want them to have it any more’ - it’s because the world is on its knees economically and it’s needed to kickstart everything again (in this hypothetical future).

Obviously won’t happen anyway, but if they shut everything down and it stays down for too long things are going to get crazy and who knows what measures may be implemented. 

I’m far more concerned about the impacts of the measures being brought about as a result of the virus rather than the virus itself at this stage.

We have the Bank of England, and the government have already pledged unlimited funds, so we don’t need to worry about the conundrum of how to take people’s money of them. 

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If cities get locked down into the summer, people are going to start going mad. Be glad you don't live in the USA where so many people have guns

There’s loads in London, just owned by criminals. 

V sorry to hear about the bar. That sucks. 

• Like 1

Â