Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Over the weekend the experts on the news seem to be of the opinion Europe is actually behind the UK, not in front.

Europe is seeing the spikes the UK saw several weeks ago, as the vaccine performance started to slide and before the booster campaign really ramped up.

2 or 3 all “keeping a close eye” on the situation but think we won’t see another wave off the back of it.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Over the weekend the experts on the news seem to be of the opinion Europe is actually behind the UK, not in front.

Europe is seeing the spikes the UK saw several weeks ago, as the vaccine performance started to slide and before the booster campaign really ramped up.

2 or 3 all “keeping a close eye” on the situation but think we won’t see another wave off the back of it.

Yes, all the reports I have seen state the same.  We've been letting it "run hot" as it was described a few weeks ago so a hell of a lot of people have been infected.  We've had 40,000 or so a day for a couple of months now.   Assuming only 50% get officially diagnosed that's probably about 80,000 a day in real life.  A big chunk of the population, especially the frequent mixers and those not being especially careful will have been infected in recent times.

There was something last week about that very young schoolchildren who had been the biggest group had slowed down and were now back on par with older schoolchildren.  I'm pretty sure schoolchildren have been the biggest driver of infections for the last few months.  If they get closer to herd immunity it's going to start slowing down further surely?

We're obviously not that far from Christmas holidays now, half term seemed to provide quite a big firebreak, maybe  weeks of Christmas holidays will slow it further though that could be eaten away by more adults partying.

• Like 1

Any people in England/europe having protests against the jab ?

People have had 3 protests here in the last 3 months claiming they want freedom of choice concerning the jab.What these dipsticks cant seem to get is that if they dont want the jab,they dont HAVE to have it but if they want to work in a hospital/police,Quantas and a few other occupations then the jab is compulsary.Its a requirement of the job,nothing to do with the government. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

People have had 3 protests here in the last 3 months claiming they want freedom of choice concerning the jab.What these dipsticks cant seem to get is that if they dont want the jab,they dont HAVE to have it but if they want to work in a hospital/police,Quantas and a few other occupations then the jab is compulsary.Its a requirement of the job,nothing to do with the government. 

yeah theres a fair few protests in germany and some protests that turned violent at the weekend in holland

its not necessarily protesting that you have to have the jab in order to work at a hospital or the police, they're changing the rules here so if you want to go to a bar, or get your hair cut, or go to the xmas markets, or go in the office, or use the bus you have to either have the jab or pay for a test which only lasts 2 days so for example if you get the bus to work every day thats 90 euro a week in tests and the ball ache of getting 3 of them

they are slowly funneling people down to having to have the jab or you will pay a fortune or you will lose the ability to live a normal life

holland is a step further, so is singapore i think in that soon you will not be able to get corona treatment via your insurance unless you are jabbed, you will have to pay for the treatment yourself, Austria are enforcing a house lockdown for anyone who isnt jabbed in 2 regions of the country

im jabbed and im not an anti vaxer but its on the verge of taking the piss

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yeah theres a fair few protests in germany and some protests that turned violent at the weekend in holland

its not necessarily protesting that you have to have the jab in order to work at a hospital or the police, they're changing the rules here so if you want to go to a bar, or get your hair cut, or go to the xmas markets, or go in the office, or use the bus you have to either have the jab or pay for a test which only lasts 2 days so for example if you get the bus to work every day thats 90 euro a week in tests and the ball ache of getting 3 of them

they are slowly funneling people down to having to have the jab or you will pay a fortune or you will lose the ability to live a normal life

holland is a step further, so is singapore i think in that soon you will not be able to get corona treatment via your insurance unless you are jabbed, you will have to pay for the treatment yourself, Austria are enforcing a house lockdown for anyone who isnt jabbed in 2 regions of the country

im jabbed and im not an anti vaxer but its on the verge of taking the piss

Aren't there talk of both vaccine and test in some parts of Germany if the hospital admissions go over a certain number? Think I saw that but might have misunderstood.

Over here,in Perth.Once we have 90% jabbed then they are going to bring in that you cant go to a restaurant/movies/dance etc unless you have been jabbed.At the moment we should reach 90% in January.Some jobs though like police,hospitals,Quantas and BHP mining have already made it a requirement of the job. 

I’m now on the mend from the virus , had a negative LFT today and still self isolating until Thursday , I still feel exhausted and really relieved it’s hopefully coming to an end , rebooked my booster for December and hopefully after everything that’s gone on il have some immunity!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Just had my booster. Same effects thus far as the first 2 - light headed and arm is starting to ache.

Pfizer? I only ask as I'm getting mine in a couple of weeks but I had AZ the first two times with no side effects whatsoever. Wondering if I should take the day off

4 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

100% agree with you buddy. No one has the right to force someone to have the vaccine but you don't have the right to transmit to others you're working with, serving or are serving you.

I know we'll get someone say "well it doesn't stop you getting the virus etc" and that's true, but it's also proven to cut the transmission and hospitalisation rate and thats the really important thing here. I doubt we're going to get to a point where we have a zero infection rate, as it seems to be here to stay, but businesses have the right not to employ you or refuse you service on the basis that you are more likely to be infecting their customers.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

Pfizer? I only ask as I'm getting mine in a couple of weeks but I had AZ the first two times with no side effects whatsoever. Wondering if I should take the day off

I had the Pfizer booster on Friday with no effects whatsoever.   My wife had it a week earlier and felt a little out of sorts the next day.   We both had Pfizer vaccines, though.  It seems to me the side effects depend greatly on the individual.  I really had no effects from either of my original 2 jabs, but my boss was floored for a day by the second one.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Pfizer off the back of 2 AZ. Side effect was was a very painful arm. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've had Pfizer each time. First time, sore arm that came on over the next day, light headedness and a bit of a headache. Second was marginally worse over time but still not enough to make me feel genuinely ill. Suspect this will be similar. 

The common thought on the Pfizer jab is the first one is pretty minor for side effects, the second is worse. How that squares with mixing with AZ, no idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

My parents had their boosters last week. No ill effects for either of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

The common thought on the Pfizer jab is the first one is pretty minor for side effects, the second is worse. How that squares with mixing with AZ, no idea.

AZ is the opposite for many (it was for me) rough as 'owt after the first one for 24 hours, nothing at all after the second. Booster appointment is in a few weeks.

32 minutes ago, blandy said:

AZ is the opposite for many (it was for me) rough as 'owt after the first one for 24 hours, nothing at all after the second. Booster appointment is in a few weeks.

Not sure which one I had but I was knocked for 6 for 24 hours off the first jab. The second jab failed to connect properly.I managed to come back with a right hook which sent it on the ropes . Awaiting booster , so who knows who will win that one . 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

The Dutch situations in the Hospitals.  

Only 2 units left for ICU now in the country.

They don't have enough staff for the hospitals and especially in the ICU's.  

The unvaccinated are doing a really great job of keeping everyone busy and **** it all up,  well done them.

image.png.f2d0b249efe2892126c5ca23b2fa7c32.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

The Dutch situations in the Hospitals.  

Only 2 units left for ICU now in the country.

They don't have enough staff for the hospitals and especially in the ICU's.  

The unvaccinated are doing a really great job of keeping everyone busy and **** it all up,  well done them.

image.png.f2d0b249efe2892126c5ca23b2fa7c32.png

Scary statistics, graphs like this really put things in perspective and hopefully encourage people to get vaccinated 

• Like 1

Â