Generic Virus Thread

villakram

It was incredible how Derren Brown managed to predict the winner in every single race

https://derrenbrown.co.uk/shows/the-system/

Derren Brown offers the nation his foolproof system for predicting the winner of a horse race. Again and again he successfully predicts the winner for a single mum from London and she wins fairly each time.

But will she gamble her life savings on one final horse and, in return, be allowed into Derren’s secret?

Watching that interview he talks about an independent doctor. I am always suspicious of this sort of language. During the past year there is always someone with the results that you want to fit your arguments. Time and time again the **** graduates of Youtubiversity fall for this shit. One day its blood clots, next day its something else. I am tired of all this. 

• Like 2

Again anecdotal, but from what I hear and read, a lot of the deaths/hospitalisations now seem to be the unvaccinated or single jabbed. 

Shows how important it is for people to get jabbed asap 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Its a pretty big coincidence after taking the vaccine she get ill and goes into hospital with blood clots. 

It's sad, and no one can be certain it's pure co-incidence, or the vaccine caused it. What we can be sure of is that the chances of becoming seriously ill, or dying from the virus if you (anyone) is unvaccinated are way, way more, than the chances of dying or becoming seriously ill from blood clots after being vaccinated.

It's like you can stand here and ignore the crocodile coming right this way, or you can run away. The chances of getting eaten by the croc if you do nothing are much higher than the chances of running away and falling over and banging your head so hard you die. Do you run away , or do you take your chances with the hungry Saltie?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Again anecdotal, but from what I hear and read, a lot of the deaths/hospitalisations now seem to be the unvaccinated or single jabbed. 

My 2nd jab is on Saturday and I can't wait.  Just in the (Dr) nick of time it seems! It'll be keep calm and carry on for me for the next few weeks at least I think. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yep, every single report I've seen says that. 

All the "I'll never have it" brigade who could have been jabbed a while ago are now paying the price. 

• Like 1

I heard it was the government killing the anti vaxxers, to make others change their mind and have the jab.

I was saying to my mate the other day whilst we were vaping, you just don’t know what’s in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I had my second jab this afternoon, I'm working tonight and that's meant to be when any side effects kick in so that should be interesting.  I'm just glad it's done.  The doctor seemed worried about the relaxing of the rules on Monday so I think I'll listen to her and keep wearing my mask.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I had my second jab this afternoon, I'm working tonight and that's meant to be when any side effects kick in so that should be interesting.  I'm just glad it's done.  The doctor seemed worried about the relaxing of the rules on Monday so I think I'll listen to her and keep wearing my mask.

My 2nd was 8.55 this morning and I expected some symptoms by now. Arm isn't even especially sore. Perhaps I'll escape it or perhaps it'll kick in tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, darrenm said:

My 2nd was 8.55 this morning and I expected some symptoms by now. Arm isn't even especially sore. Perhaps I'll escape it or perhaps it'll kick in tomorrow.

I suspect you'll be hearing Yellow Submarine for days to come

14 minutes ago, darrenm said:

My 2nd was 8.55 this morning and I expected some symptoms by now.

AZ? 

I was rotten after the first - nothing after the second and I believe that's quite common - the medic who gave me the second said "did you have any reaction after your first?" "yeah I was pretty rotten for 24 hours, but I'm glad to be having this one, no problem",  "don't worry, if you do get any effects at all, they'll be much milder this time".

I could barely tell I'd had it - just a sort of feeling like you get after a rubbish nights kip.

• Thanks 1

Just now, blandy said:

AZ? 

I was rotten after the first - nothing after the second and I believe that's quite common - the medic who gave me the second said "did you have any reaction after your first?" "yeah I was pretty rotten for 24 hours, but I'm glad to be having this one, no problem",  "don't worry, if you do get any effects at all, they'll be much milder this time".

I could barely tell I'd had it - just a sort of feeling like you get after a rubbish nights kip.

Yep AZ. That's good to hear thanks. I was achy for a day and needed paracetamol after dose 1 but I was never sure if it was the drinking the night before or the vax. The doc today said "probably best not to drink on it this time" 😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

The odds on that I would say are very low but ok 

Mate of mine (40) had a blood clot out of the blue that gave him a heart attack. First thought was the vaccine as it was only a couple of weeks since.

Turns out it’s because he’s a combination of 1) over weight 2) stressed and 3) grieving the loss of his mum. Not vaccine related, just a coincidence.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Mate of mine (40) had a blood clot out of the blue that gave him a heart attack. First thought was the vaccine as it was only a couple of weeks since.

Turns out it’s because he’s a combination of 1) over weight 2) stressed and 3) grieving the loss of his mum. Not vaccine related, just a coincidence.

Ok hope he makes a full recovery but there a definate link between the AstraZeneca vaccine and DVT. When I went for mine, two of the questions they asked were Have you ever had a blood clot? and are you on  blood thinners?. Why is it under a certain age group given an alternative?  I know the risk of dying from it is far less than dying covid so its worth the risk but nobody can say its just coincidence all the time

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Ok hope he makes a full recovery but there a definate link between the AstraZeneca vaccine and DVT. When I went for mine, two of the questions they asked were Have you ever had a blood clot? and are you on  blood thinners?. Why is it under a certain age group given an alternative?  I know the risk of dying from it is far less than dying covid so its worth the risk but nobody can say its just coincidence all the time

It’s because they are learning as they go and rightly gathering as much data as possible and taking every precaution just in case.

I think they are offering an alternative because they have one in plentiful supply. If there’s any hint of something then it makes sense to use the other one. In 2, 5, 10 years time they’ll have a much better picture. Current data I’m sure I read was that across the population there aren’t more blood clots, it’s actually lower than average.

When millions of people are taking the same medicine over a short period of time, any of the things that can strike at any time (like blood clots, strokes, heart attacks etc) will get connected until enough time has passed and data collected to show it’s not a risk / direct connection.

Â