Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Sister in law is about 34 and dead against it. I suspect it’s her thick, Brexiteer boyfriend that is feeding her facts.

She was invited for AZ just before they changed the guidance to be Pfizer for under 40’s. She said “it’s a good job I didn’t go as they’d have given me the wrong one”.

Shes generally of the  “it’s been rushed” opinion. The other day she said there’s no point having it as she knows people who have had one or 2 jabs and still caught it.

The worst part is her son (5) has always had issues with his chest and asthma yet her and his dad are dead against the vaccine.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

she said there’s no point having it as she knows people who have had one or 2 jabs and still caught it.

This is a symptom of really poor scientific messaging from the government. People will still get it but most will either never know or won't have anything beyond mild symptoms. 

The gov should have been giving out clear, scientific advice about what the vaccine does, how it works and some common myths. At least to stop all this 'what aren't they telling us' stuff.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He didn't hesitate to go get jabbed though.  My 16 Yr old daughter who is full on WOKE however has talked about not having it, she seems more down the conspiracy rabbit holes than the down with cancel culture son

Vegan in work refuses to have it because "It's still experimental." His missus who was the living embodiment of the new age drippy hippy but turning full on Nazi by the week, is the same.

Does anyone know for sure (not guessing, for sure) the rules around isolating after you've had a proper PCR coronavirus test at a test centre. 

I'm thinking of getting my daughter who has had a close contact properly tested in the hope that a negative test result will enable her to go to prom. 

Have you seen the list of approved day 2 and day 8 test providers? Just look at some of these names and email addresses:

Andres Pharmacy, using Randox and Alpha bio labs £85 +44 (0) 2089049059andrespharm261@hotmail.com
Daya Pharmacy, using Randox Laboratory and Alpha Bio labs £85 +44 (0) 2085733084dayapharm750@hotmail.com
LABMEDEXPERT LIMITED, using LABMEDEXPERT DIAGNOSTICS £85 +44 (0) 7460818350day2andday8@labmedexpert.co.uk

Very legit. Here is the cheapest one I found, 0044 COVID TEST. Look at the state of this website. Random quote in case I get in trouble:

We are a listed testing service provider for international travellers entering the UK for Day 2, Day 2 & 8 mandatory testing, as well as Test to Release "Day 5".

As confirmed by the TrustPilot reviews, it is as dodgy as it looks:

1 star: Bad
7 days ago

AVOID SCAM

AVOID SCAM
Terrible service. Tests never delivered even though they said they had been shipped, I called the courier (Yodel) who informed me they had not received anything from the company. No answer on their phone lines or to my emails. One response received via email to inform me they would "consider" refund request but have not heard a thing since. Tests have never arrived and no update on refund. PLEASE do not use this company.

Surely this is just another Tory backhander to friends? Set up a site, random generate an email address, sell some tests you don't have or cost a quid from China, rake in the cash.

Having said that, when I go I don't actually care about the rest results so I might well go with this company as it's significantly cheaper than others. I just need to put a reference number in the locator form to be allowed through the border. If anything, it's better if the tests don't show because then I don't have to do the horrible tests or accidentally end up being positive. 

The day 5 release test I would go with a reputable company or better still test on site and get the results the same day so I can actually end the quarantine.

20 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Is there anything to stop me flying into Ireland with my special EU vaccine certificate, travelling to NI, then flying to England and avoiding quarantine?

Why bother going to NI?

There are no restrictions from the ROI

Ireland, the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man

You do not need to take a COVID-19 test or quarantine on arrival in England if you are travelling within the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, (the Common Travel Area), and you have not been outside of the Common Travel Area in the previous 10 days.

.gov.uk

Fly with two different carriers and I doubt they'll know. Alternatively, stay legal and buy some new tea towels for ten days

Are the govt hiding the true figures of the deaths from  the AZ vaccine.  After watching the news today and seeing Gareth Eve interviewed by Victoria Derbyshire telling his heartbreaking story of how his wife died after getting blood clots after taking the vaccine., he said he was told that the true number of deaths as a result of this vaccine is much higher than what is being officially repprted. i have had both of mine but wich i had been given a choice of which one given. 

Just now, PaulC said:

How do you know? 

Do you think there is a government conspiracy to stop the scientists and NHS telling us the truth. Or do you think the scientists, the NHS and the government are all in it together?

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Do you think there is a government conspiracy to stop the scientists and NHS telling us the truth. Or do you think the scientists, the NHS and the government are all in it together?

I don't know what i think. I am just stating what i heard from Lisa Shaw's husband on the news today and what he has been told. 

Just now, PaulC said:

I don't know what i think. I am just stating what i heard from Lisa Shaw's husband on the news today and what he has been told. 

Was the death caused by the vaccine? Or was it a simple coincidence that it happened around the same time as the vaccination? Correlation or causation?

People get blood clots for all kinds of reasons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Told by who? In what capacity? What numbers did he quote? What sources?

There’s nothing to go on here, but hearsay. You can’t tackle a pandemic on hearsay.

If it’s being kept quiet, why did someone tell him, but not advise the media or the BMA?

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why bother going to NI?

There are no restrictions from the ROI

.gov.uk

Fly with two different carriers and I doubt they'll know. Alternatively, stay legal and buy some new tea towels for ten days

Thanks, I have since realised that I don't need to travel to NI. All the flights are good old Ryan, but still how would they know?

Don't care if it's illegal, just if it's possible. Not accepting the EU certificate is illegal as far as I'm concerned.

Just now, limpid said:

Was the death caused by the vaccine? Or was it a simple coincidence that it happened around the same time as the vaccination? Correlation or causation?

People get blood clots for all kinds of reasons.

Its a pretty big coincidence after taking the vaccine she get ill and goes into hospital with blood clots. 

about 1:30 in. 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its a pretty big coincidence after taking the vaccine she get ill and goes into hospital with blood clots.  

Exactly. A coincidence.

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

35 million people in the UK have had 2 vaccines. Another 11 million people have had a single vaccine.

That’s 2x35 is 70, plus the 11 single jabs, that’s now 81 million injections given in the UK.

The chances of coincidental death just after a jab can be tens of millions to one, but that means it’s still likely to happen.

But that wasn’t your initial point. Your point was it’s higher than we are being told, that there is a government cover up.

It’s that, the cover up, that I don’t believe.

Do you think this government has the ability and the reach to cover something like that up? To silence the doctors and the nurses and the scientists? 

If you have a choice between emotional anecdote, or the stats as we know them so far, please go with the data until its proved wrong.

I asked the question and then people responded with no, then I put the link to the the source. I am keeping an open mind. 

Â