Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, sidcow said:

They did, they were doing 800,000 per day at times, who knows what their maximum capacity is, maybe 900,000 to 1m a day? 

I guess we'll find out in May. 

What is known for certain is that they are 5m doses short from India this month so that would be allowing 166,666 extra first doses a day this month if they had arrived. 

I doubt they will arrive next month either looking at the situation in India right now. 

Hopefully the continued supply of Pfizer-BioNTech and arrival of Moderna will enable ind the 500k+ rate to continue. Still higher than many thought possible. I find myself checking the figures most days - feeling slightly disappointed at less than 500k and impressed at more than 500k, even though I know my figure of 500k is arbitrary.🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Where is any justification?

Here maybe?

41 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

People have had their normality taken from them for over a year. I wouldn't personally do what they've done, but I'm not going to judge or mock them for wanting a shred of their normality and humanity back.

Then you are still pushing made up rubbish like this

You seem to be standing by the viewpoint that these people are mentally ill.

Nobody said anything about mentally ill. This is what was actually said.

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think it’s perfectly normal for people to want to go an enjoy a pint in a pub garden. Queueing up like sardines in a tin, without masks, for god knows how long just so they can sit in a dark garden as the clock strikes midnight with a drink in their hand. Stupid.

Just go today, I’m sure it would be far more enjoyable. If someone was that desperate they couldn’t wait 12 more hours they should probably seek help.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I strongly suspect they could wait another 12 hours until the pub was open at a normal time for a drink. They are just being stupid. I can, so I will. 

Maybe if they a really were locked in their houses for over a year I could understand it :lol: 

I think you’ve lost the plot in your campaign against lockdown measures.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Made up rubbish?

Are you reading what you've written?

All I said was that it's poor form to mock people if they wanted to go at midnight, because you don't know their personal situation in the slightest.

You went further and then said they needed to seek help, inferring they had mental health issues.

My consistent position has been 'Don't judge people because you don't know their reasoning'. Yours has been 'they are pathetic, stupid and should seek help'.

Might want to reconsider your position here, it's crass and classless.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think you’ve lost the plot in your campaign against lockdown measures.

What does that have to do with anything written above? Fake news, I think is the phrase you used.

Edited by StefanAVFC

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I do wonder if those who went to the gym at midnight last night would have incurred the same ire and accusations of mental health issues...

Nah, they're too psycho to take the piss out of. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

I do wonder if those who went to the gym at midnight last night would have incurred the same ire and accusations of mental health issues...

That might depend on how well they maintained social distancing.

In regard to the current spat on this thread, I’m doubting if the turn of phrase ‘seek help’ was meant as a literal mental health slur.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Unless I'm mistaken, these people are queuing *outside* to have a pint *outside*. It's a very low risk activity.

Yeah I agree with this but at the same time it's a bit stupid to have people crammed together like that isn't it. It's an increased risk from those same people queuing in a socially distanced manner and in reality there's no reason for people to be cramming close together as if there was never a pandemic in the first place. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Slightly aside from the 'discussion' above, I have found the desperation behind getting back to the pub kinda sad.

I'd so love to go to the pub, but I'd rather just wait till they're properly open and go inside, unless it's a right nice sunny day so sit in the garden. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Slightly aside from the 'discussion' above, I have found the desperation behind getting back to the pub kinda sad.

I get the fact that people would like to go back to the pub to have a couple of drinks and catch up with mates. That's perfectly reasonable. Standing in a queue with loads of people to have a pint at midnight on a Monday morning is a little odd. 

I'm looking forward to be able to sit outside and have a few beers with family and friends. To me that's different to jumping in a crowded queue at midnight just because the restrictions have been lifted.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What does that have to do with anything written above? Fake news, I think is the phrase you used.

You said people have been locked in their homes for over a year, they haven’t.

You said people queue outside in the freezing cold to have a drink in a garden at midnight on a Sunday as it is normality, it isn’t.

You said I’d described these people as mentally ill, I didn’t.

You’re making stuff up to push the anti-lockdown message. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

You said people have been locked in their homes for over a year, they haven’t.

Some people have been.

You said people queue outside in the freezing cold to have a drink in a garden at midnight on a Sunday as it is normality, it isn’t.

No I didn't. I said that people might be going to get back to normality as fast as possible. Going to the pub for a lot of people is symbolic of normality.

You said I’d described these people as mentally ill, I didn’t.

You said they should seek help which infers they have mental issues.

You’re making stuff up to push the anti-lockdown message. 

Literally no, I called out calling people who may choose to go at midnight as 'stupid' 'pathetic' and 'needing to seek help' as poor form and classless. Stop 'making stuff up'.

Edited by StefanAVFC

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Why? It's not a desperation to get shitfaced, I can do that at home. It's a desperation to get back to seeing my mates, having a pint and a laugh, and getting back to some sense of normality. Of course we could meet somewhere other than the pub, but a pint or two makes most things more fun.

You wouldn't find me queueing to have a pint at midnight on a Sunday, but we have a table booked, and I can't bloody wait. 

Exactly.

Not difficult to grasp and certainly not pathetic if people chose to go last night, and certainly not the sign of 'needing to seek help'.

You said they should seek help which infers they have mental issues.

I said IF they can’t wait 12 hours until the sun comes up then maybe they need help.
I also said I expect they can wait and that they are only doing it because they can (because the government didn’t specifically attach an opening time on the pubs). 

Â