Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Most of the population? 

Nope. Pubs, restaurants, foreign holidays, domestic holidays and many leisure activities have been opened for large parts of the last year.

Nobody has been locked in their house for over a year as you stated.

I mean, you're the one mocking those who may choose to go to the pub at midnight, after not being able to go for months and months as 'needing to seek help'. You don't know their situations, the motivations behind it. And then linking it to a mental health issue is incredibly poor form.

If that's the hill you want to die on, fill your boots.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I mean, you're the one mocking those who may choose to go to the pub at midnight, after not being able to go for months and months as 'needing to seek help'. You don't know their situations, the motivations behind it. And then linking it to a mental health issue is incredibly poor form.

I strongly suspect they could wait another 12 hours until the pub was open at a normal time for a drink. They are just being stupid. I can, so I will. 

Maybe if they a really were locked in their houses for over a year I could understand it :lol: 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

And saying they have mental health problems because of it is incredibly classy, bravo you.

Yes because that’s what I said, I said it because I know them all.

If you could keep the fake news coming that would also keep us all on our toes. 

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think it’s perfectly normal for people to want to go an enjoy a pint in a pub garden. Queueing up like sardines in a tin, without masks, for god knows how long just so they can sit in a dark garden as the clock strikes midnight with a drink in their hand. Stupid.

Just go today, I’m sure it would be far more enjoyable. If someone was that desperate they couldn’t wait 12 more hours they should probably seek help.

They are. It's called the pub.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Genie said:

Yes because that’s what I said, I said it because I know them all.

If you could keep the fake news coming that would also keep us all on our toes. 

Genuine question, why are you letting this bother you so much?

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think it’s perfectly normal for people to want to go an enjoy a pint in a pub garden. Queueing up like sardines in a tin, without masks, for god knows how long just so they can sit in a dark garden as the clock strikes midnight with a drink in their hand. Stupid.

Just go today, I’m sure it would be far more enjoyable. If someone was that desperate they couldn’t wait 12 more hours they should probably seek help.

Got to be the first person to get on social media to all their pals with a picture of a fresh pint though! "I'm mental me, I'm such a character."

if they wanted a bit of normality and socializing then fair enough but we all know nowadays, it's all about being seen to be the first.

Attention seeking losers.

• Like 3

Lets say as a scenario I finish work at 5. The pubs after months open at 6. It would be normal to assume some pubs might see some queuing. Now lets assume some people work outside of those hours. 

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

There's choosing to go to a pub at midnight and then there's staying in that pub when people are crammed into a tight space like sardines. 

Whether people like it or not there has been a pretty clear reason as to why we have had to take measures to prevent the virus spreading. I'd agree with you that some of these have seemed pretty excessive particularly over the last couple of months.

If people don't have the common sense to take a bit of care for themselves then it gets harder to argue with the government's heavy handed approach. This is as much aimed at the pubs that are letting people cram themselves in (presumably against the new regulations anyway) as those choosing to put themselves in that situation.

It's almost as if people have learnt nothing from this whole pandemic if we're being honest.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It annoys me when people write completely false statements, even if it is just an Internet forum.

I meant people queuing up outside a pub at midnight. In fairness, you did label these people as stupid and should seek help.

Edited by MCU

17 minutes ago, brommy said:

Yet the daily vaccination rate is as high as previous months. If they could vaccinate more people per day now, I wonder why they didn’t vaccinate more people per day before the current ‘shortage’.

They did, they were doing 800,000 per day at times, who knows what their maximum capacity is, maybe 900,000 to 1m a day? 

I guess we'll find out in May. 

What is known for certain is that they are 5m doses short from India this month so that would be allowing 166,666 extra first doses a day this month if they had arrived. 

I doubt they will arrive next month either looking at the situation in India right now. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Do people normally get locked in their houses for over a year? 

This is the fake news, used to justify the actions of those who cannot wait until the sun rises to have a drink in a pub beer garden. 

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I literally quoted what you said lol.

Where is any justification?

I simply stated that mocking people who choose to do that, calling them stupid or stating they have mental health problems is poor form. I can think of why people would want to do what they did, and being locked down for a year is one of those reasons. There are many others.

You seem to be standing by the viewpoint that these people are mentally ill.

Classy.

Edited by StefanAVFC

5 minutes ago, MCU said:

I meant people queuing up outside a pub at midnight. In fairness, you did label these people as stupid and should seek help.

It doesn’t bother me. It looks pretty stupid to me be but it’s up to them. It’s far from a “normal” thing any of them would do I expect.

Just because the government didn’t specifically put a reopening time on the pub on the 12th it gets exploited.

Â