Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Modern life innit 

I could understand if it was forced by ‘modern life’ such as working longer hours to afford ever increasing housing costs, but the ignorant behaviour appears to be voluntary. It’s rude, if I was asked between my cup of warm milk and afternoon nap.

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No they dont they just being sensible 

You suggested that I could wait a few hours and go shopping with my mates when the risks of transmission indoors are far, far greater than outdoors even if people are stood close together outside in a queue.

Just because Primark is open doesn't mean it's sensible to go (not that it ever was or will be in this case) if that's your barometer.

18 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Wow, 5 new pages on the corona thread in 1 hour! I wonder what's happened.

A queue.

Maybe people actually wanted just to queue again for a sense of normality! They probably all went home as soon as the pub opened. 

• Haha 3

Can we stop arguing with each other everyone, I don’t go to on topic for this reason. This is all so crap, I can’t wait to get back to normal so everyone can kind of get on with each other again. No false accusations of mental health slurs, no one upmanship. This isn’t worth it. Just agree to disagree and **** move on. You aren’t going to change each other’s mind and some of you need to cool on your rhetoric. Both sides look like absolute bellends when usually both of you are intelligent and somewhat civil. Cut it out now. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Given we're talking queues I'm sure you'd want to know I had to wait 30 minutes in the Barry Island Boofy's chips queue on Saturday, I was well annoyed and will be bringing sandwiches next time. 

You’ll be okay. It’s the telephoto lenses that reduce social distancing, not the fish eye!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Can we stop arguing with each other everyone, I don’t go to on topic for this reason. This is all so crap, I can’t wait to get back to normal so everyone can kind of get on with each other again. No false accusations of mental health slurs, no one upmanship. This isn’t worth it. Just agree to disagree and **** move on. You aren’t going to change each other’s mind and some of you need to cool on your rhetoric. Both sides look like absolute bellends when usually both of you are intelligent and somewhat civil. Cut it out now. 

No.

#troll

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

DID YOU JUST CALL ME A BELLEND!? 

angry season 4 GIF

54 minutes ago, bickster said:

Isn't it?

Who says?

Judging other people by your own life and determining your own life to be "normal" is pretty common. What is normal to you isn't normal to others.

Plenty of people go out at Midnight for a drink, you just don't know about it because you're in bed (or whatever else it is that you do at that time)

Also claiming something isn't normal in the current times we live in is just a strange concept. Nothings frigging normal

I know very few people that go pub 12am on a monday morning bicks. Most people are tucked in bed at the time.

Yes its strange times but man that is so next level commitment to stand outside for a beer in freezing cold conditions!

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know very few people that go pub 12am on a monday morning bicks. Most people are tucked in bed at the time.

Yes its strange times but man that is so next level commitment to stand outside for a beer in freezing cold conditions!

We pickup plenty of people who do just this, just because it's not normal to you, doesn't mean it isn't normal to others.

Just now, bickster said:

We pickup plenty of people who do just this, just because it's not normal to you, doesn't mean it isn't normal to others.

Yes and i bet that was when you could sit indoors when it wasnt absolutely freezing.

Pubs round me are not open past 11pm in normal times so i dont see how thats true around my area

That midnight pub in Coventry with the queues is being investigated. What a suprise. 

Aren't the rules supposed to be that you sit at a table and buy a substantial meal? 

I wouldn't like to jump to conclusions so I'm absolutely certain Coventry area social media will not be awash with pictures of loads of people standing around without any plates of food in evidence 😁

Edited by sidcow

Â