Generic Virus Thread

villakram

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Over 475,000 second doses (and 106,000 first doses) today. Pretty incredible. 

Vaccinating around 1% of the entire UK adult population in a single day is very impressive in my eyes. I am wondering when the shortage of doses reportedly due in April will begin. If there is to be a genuine shortage in April, surely the 7 day rolling average of daily first and second jabs will fall below 400k in the next week or so.

I’m hoping the gaps will continue to be filled but the original shortage story isn’t being widely counteracted as it served as a persuasion tool to anyone in the 9 at risk groups who was delaying or reluctant to get their first dose. Thinking of not having the jab? Well there’s a shortage coming so there might not be enough for you anyway. Changed your mind have you? 16:30 tomorrow it is then.

7 hours ago, brommy said:

Vaccinating around 1% of the entire UK adult population in a single day is very impressive in my eyes. I am wondering when the shortage of doses reportedly due in April will begin. If there is to be a genuine shortage in April, surely the 7 day rolling average of daily first and second jabs will fall below 400k in the next week or so.

I’m hoping the gaps will continue to be filled but the original shortage story isn’t being widely counteracted as it served as a persuasion tool to anyone in the 9 at risk groups who was delaying or reluctant to get their first dose. Thinking of not having the jab? Well there’s a shortage coming so there might not be enough for you anyway. Changed your mind have you? 16:30 tomorrow it is then.

The shortage is already here. They weren't supposed to be doing so few first jabs. 

30 minutes ago, Rodders said:

or you just queue outside for a midnight pint like these **** wits

Another nail in the coffin of “just let people use common sense”.

Zero masks, zero social distancing. Pathetic.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Have you never drank at The German Market? 

Its always baffled me. Perfectly good pubs in easy walking distance yet pay £6 for a pint of unbranded German lager whilst standing in icy conditions. No thanks. 

Ive never done that  but i went to my friends on bank holiday monday to sit in the garden and even at 3pm it was fecking freezing.  I could not feel my feet and i would imagine last night was  even colder.

Some people are just ridiculous.  Its like all those losers queuing up outside primark from 5am today.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

Do people normally queue up in the cold at midnight on a Sunday evening so they can have a beer in a cold, dark garden?

Its pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Do people normally get locked in their houses for over a year? 

• Like 2

Its not pathetic and its not weird. People want time with their friends. People are on furlough, people work shifts.  Not everyone is happy sitting in their house and being at a computer 9-5. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Its not pathetic and its not weird. People want time with their friends. People are on furlough, people work shifts.  Not everyone is happy sitting in their house and being at a computer 9-5. 

Exactly.

Mocking it and calling it pathetic is all a bit sad really.

We're not supposed to be locked away for long periods of time, and god forbid at the first opportunity some people rush out to get some normality back.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

The shortage is already here. They weren't supposed to be doing so few first jabs. 

Yet the daily vaccination rate is as high as previous months. If they could vaccinate more people per day now, I wonder why they didn’t vaccinate more people per day before the current ‘shortage’.

I think it’s perfectly normal for people to want to go an enjoy a pint in a pub garden. Queueing up like sardines in a tin, without masks, for god knows how long just so they can sit in a dark garden as the clock strikes midnight with a drink in their hand. Stupid.

Just go today, I’m sure it would be far more enjoyable. If someone was that desperate they couldn’t wait 12 more hours they should probably seek help.

• Like 3

Â