Pre-match thread

wedge

4 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

A good cup run and still in with a shout of staying up. It HAS been a decent season. Maybe rest one or two for this one but not wholesale changes

No resting anyone. We want to win. 

Edit: we can rest Drinkwater. We're both happy, eh :)

Edited by AVTuco

On 26/01/2020 at 04:19, Newry_Villan said:

If we win and play Man City who go on to win it does it not revert back to league placement?

Unfortunately not.

Winners also qualify for European football, receiving a place in the UEFA Europa League; should the winner also qualify for Europe through other means at the end of the season, this place is transferred to the highest-placed Premier League team not already qualified for European competition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EFL_Cup

• Confused 1

It's bad to say but I'm struggling to get myself proper excited for this. If we win great, what a night at Villa Park but then all I can think about is City wiping the floor with us at Wembley and we get embarrassed yet again in a cup final which is just something I don't want to see.

Edited by Farlz

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few rested for the weekend game.

Smith has already hinted about nyland, I think we could see elmo and connor too.

Edited by Nigel

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is Reina in some way ineligible??
I can't understand why we wouldn't play our strongest team here. Reina has been superb. 

Maybe something to do with that we are seriously voodoo jinxed with injuries!

Edited by Kingman

Vardy will be included in the squad for tomorrow night, no confirmation as to whether starting or on the bench

Expecting him to be on the bench with Iheanacho starting, and coming on around 60-70 mins if needed